Jan 21, 2010, 09:40 PM
AA6JB
You finally got the Merlin Mike?! Cool! It will be fun to see it fly there. Maybe I can shoot some photos for you.

What to bring, what to bring! I think I am renting a car, and until I see what they give me, it is hard to know what I can fit?! I have to save space for my daughter, who is coming along too!

Tentative list:

RC Lander 90mm Mig 17
JPower A10 Twin EDF
Windrider BD5 EDF
A couple of JPower 50mm Mini EDFs
Polaris? Souped up PZ P-51? Maxford Storch? Wish I could afford to rent a mini van!! But then there IS that four plane maximum on the flight line, eh?

I sure hope these dang storms don't put a rain damper on the festivities? Or crazy winds.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 22, 2010, 09:06 AM
I will accept your offer Jon. If you need any stills or video shot I will be happy to return the favor. Shawn and Mike and another guy, their demo pilot, will be there from Multiplex and they will be flying their Merlin and Blizzard and should be flying the Xeno as well. I look forward to seeing you and your beautiful little daughter. People will enjoy seeing everything you listed. Hope you have some good car games to keep your daughter happy on the drive. We moved our departure time forward to Tuesday 9:00 as we figured we wouldn't sleep waiting until midnight to leave. Mike H
Jan 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Luckily the Aef wasn't this week, we had record amounts of rain and 60 mph winds. Gonna take days to dry out! And its starting to rain again as I am typing...WOW!
Jan 22, 2010, 09:14 AM
AA6JB
Yeah, I think I am going to have to shift my departure to Tuesday as well, so we can be home in time for her to make her 100 days of School party on Monday! Still planing on attending AEF on Friday and Saturday. Have a room booked now in Apache Junction.

Don't tell my daughter but I bought her TWO new Leapfrog games for her portable educational game. And I promised her I'd burn some new Hannah Montana CDs. THAT part will be the price I have to pay to get her to come with me. My ears will be bleeding by the time we arrive.
Jan 22, 2010, 12:44 PM
It took me 30 years?!?!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher
Looks like we'll be able to make it after all. We're flying out, since our dealer ADCHobbyStore will have plenty of our products to sell, we're just there to crash and take up pilot stations.
Awesome! Glad you will make it here.....
Jan 22, 2010, 04:49 PM
Insta: Check5_Av8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNESJONR
...And I promised her I'd burn some new Hannah Montana CDs. THAT part will be the price I have to pay to get her to come with me.
...DUDE... Trooper for sure!
Jan 22, 2010, 05:06 PM
Conestoga Pilot
Hot dam! I'm glad AEF is on an asphalt runway!
Jan 22, 2010, 06:11 PM
Fly Low Fly Fast Fly Often

Ye Ha AEF is almost here.

I shall bring at least some of the following:

3DHS 47" Extra SHP
3DHS 57" Sukhoi (Red Bull Trim)
3DHS 57" Extra SC
Little ol beat up GWS A4 on 5S
SU-37 Thrust Vectored pusher foamie
F-14 Swing Wing foamie
F-22 Simple TV foamie
Reactor Bipe
DW Foamies Juka..Must have one 3d foamie..Poor thing just got another nose job.

Since I don't have a toy hauler I will not bring them all at once....
Jan 25, 2010, 10:57 AM
Dick and I finish up our B-17 tonight. We calculate that it should look pretty good and kinda scale when viewed from the flight line when it is at 250 feet distance from you. Looking at it from any closer is not recommended. But hey, how many new planes look like they have survived 22 missions over enemy territory? Lets just say we learned a lot and look forward to flying her. Mike
Jan 25, 2010, 03:36 PM
I hope to be bring with me:

Hanger 9 Pawnee
H&M Corsair
B&H T 28
Kyosho 50 EP FW-190

See you there
Jan 25, 2010, 05:47 PM
Foam abuser!
Thread OP
That's great news Mike. Looking forward to seeing the B-17 in action!

Pat
Jan 25, 2010, 09:38 PM
"Bible Thumper"
Me and my imagination...gives my shadow someone to talk to.
Jan 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
1/36 Scale Shuttle will arrive Friday
Jan 26, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'll have he 1/72nd scale shuttle and 747 there as well.
ryan
Jan 26, 2010, 07:55 PM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Archer
I'll have he 1/72nd scale shuttle and 747 there as well.
ryan
Aaaaaa Now I know who is in it with Richard!

You showed your hand!

Best of luck guys at the show and can't wait to read the results of subsequent testing!

I am very interested for both sizes!

Super news!
Carlos

Quick Reply