View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Nov 20, 2019, 10:46 AM
John - In my private capacity
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Face-book page for the Worlds? It is a public page, so anyone should be able to see it - and I was able to see the page for several days - but suddenly I see no content. I am not a Face-book user. I tried deleting the Face-book cookies, but no improvement.

John
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2019, 11:07 AM
"consumerwil"
Still Up, just went to it. Note, its a lay-day today.

More edited video content on this channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKj...s28CGDmkptV5ZQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiljoball
Is anyone else having a problem accessing the Face-book page for the Worlds? It is a public page, so anyone should be able to see it - and I was able to see the page for several days - but suddenly I see no content. I am not a Face-book user. I tried deleting the Face-book cookies, but no improvement.

John
Nov 20, 2019, 12:10 PM
John - In my private capacity
Hi Wilson,
As you are a face-book user, You have no problem accessing the page. However as a non-user, I cannot access the public page, nor can I access the public BC Regional public page either - so I am asking if any other non-face-book users can access the page?

This started yesterday - and I cannot access using Firefox nor MS Edge browser. I can access using my iphone.

John
Nov 20, 2019, 01:33 PM
Ferdinand Augusta de Berfel SA
If only there were an International Organization responsible for disseminating information about their World Championship Regatta, perhaps on their own website?
Nov 20, 2019, 02:09 PM
"consumerwil"
Yep Im on FB. may I add, if you are not on FB and want to protect your info, you can create a profile with alternate names and privatize your profile too. I know of many people from RCMP to Canadian Forces on FB that have profiles like that.

re Orgs own website - really depends on the budget for the regatta. its a lot to build a page to post public content... probably better to create a youtube channel and upload content specific to the regatta there. people can subscribe to the channel and be notified of content. It was done pretty good at the 2017 French IOM World Championship. All providers still haven't really mastered the Live broadcast thing. Bandwidth at the locations are very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiljoball
Hi Wilson,
As you are a face-book user, You have no problem accessing the page. However as a non-user, I cannot access the public page, nor can I access the public BC Regional public page either - so I am asking if any other non-face-book users can access the page?

This started yesterday - and I cannot access using Firefox nor MS Edge browser. I can access using my iphone.

John
Nov 20, 2019, 07:16 PM
Ferdinand Augusta de Berfel SA
Perhaps on the IOMICA website? I believe that it is their regatta.
Nov 21, 2019, 10:33 AM
"consumerwil"

Day 4, after 13 races

attached
Nov 21, 2019, 11:10 AM
"consumerwil"

Day 4, after 14 races

attached
Nov 21, 2019, 01:31 PM
Wow, is Jelacic really that good or is it his boat?
Nov 21, 2019, 01:54 PM
The wind is free, go sailing!

Day 4 Race 15 results so far

....and yes he is that good!
(see his FB comment to a pic of him holding his boat)
Nov 22, 2019, 11:06 AM
Zvonko has it dialed and has been able to adapt to the conditions.

I'll bet he sells a lot of K2's and sails after this event.
Nov 22, 2019, 04:56 PM
Always good to have more information before making judgements. First, to be clear, Zvonko is a very talented sailor with a fast and well tuned boat. But, second, a number of first class sailors didnít make it to Brazil including prior World Champions Brad Gibson and Rob Walsh. And third there has not been much reporting on the racing so we lack details of who had breakdowns or radio issues or other difficulties that effected their standing.

The competitors I spoke with say that most of the top designs are very, very close in speed; the difference has been tune, equipment and sailing ability.
Nov 23, 2019, 04:20 AM
The wind is free, go sailing!

2019 iom wcr

Day 5 results.
Racing in C-rigs until 3:45PM when rain & lightning hit.
Peak wind gusts of 32 knots.
Nov 23, 2019, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Corbett
Always good to have more information before making judgements. First, to be clear, Zvonko is a very talented sailor with a fast and well tuned boat. But, second, a number of first class sailors didn’t make it to Brazil including prior World Champions Brad Gibson and Rob Walsh. And third there has not been much reporting on the racing so we lack details of who had breakdowns or radio issues or other difficulties that effected their standing.

The competitors I spoke with say that most of the top designs are very, very close in speed; the difference has been tune, equipment and sailing ability.
Who are you kidding Tom? Your challenging on of the oldest marketing formulas in existence. There will be a surge in sales of the Kantun 2 on Monday! Facts are not part of the formula.

SJ
Nov 24, 2019, 11:10 AM

Fun Day of Sailing on Lake Bridgeland, Texas

Ten IOM Skippers enjoyed perfect weather on Lake Bridgeland today with light winds and mid 60's weather. Phil, Don, Dan, A.J., Alex, Steve, Fernando, Ed, Vicki and Fred enjoyed over 4 hours of non-stop fun racing. It was a fun day in spite of tricky west to northwest winds. We had a nice assortment of IOM's on the water. 4-Lintels, 2-Merlots, 1-KMR, 1-Kantun S, 1-MX14, 1-V8.

Name: IMG_2717.JPG
Views: 46
Size: 654.7 KB
Description:

Quick Reply