IOM General Discussion - Page 735 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 05, 2017, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the help David, Barry and Scratchy.
Was hoping David and Barry were coming to the Nationals. Any chance?
Stan
to remove ads between posts
Oct 05, 2017, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan
Thanks for the help David, Barry and Scratchy.
Was hoping David and Barry were coming to the Nationals. Any chance?
Stan
I will be there but on shore duty for the weekend. I'll likely call your number sometime for some reason. See you on Thursday once we touch down.

-Barry
Oct 06, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfox1
I will be there but on shore duty for the weekend. I'll likely call your number sometime for some reason. See you on Thursday once we touch down.

-Barry
Going on past regattas I think it would be safe to say Barry that you WILL, not just likely, be calling my number more then just "sometime"!

Look forward to seeing you there.
Oct 06, 2017, 05:36 PM
IBEX Lair, Cavalero Hill

He calls it out in his sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan
calling my number more then just "sometime"!
Barry got my number too!!
Oct 08, 2017, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA 42
Barry got my number too!!
Ahhh............... Four D Two - the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything!
Oct 08, 2017, 08:53 AM
One-Day IOM Regatta at Winter Island Model Yacht Club in Salem, M.A. November 4, 2017.
Details attached:
Oct 17, 2017, 07:16 AM
Looks like there will be a good turn out for the Nationals this week!
https://www.jotform.com/grid/70157742949062
Oct 17, 2017, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakwater
One-Day IOM Regatta at Winter Island Model Yacht Club in Salem, M.A. November 4, 2017.
Details attached:
Any special reason that the SI say to use the 'old' RRS and not the current 2017-2020 edition?

1. Rules:
A. The 2013-2016 Racing Rules of Sailing including Appendix E will govern the
regatta except as noted in section 1.1 and by this notice.

John
Oct 17, 2017, 06:25 PM
Hi John, Are you able to join us?
It should be really great, and we would love to have you.
Please come enjoy some stiff Atlantic Breeze! The Regatta is shaping up to be an amazing start for a brand new AMYA registered Model Yacht Club, with more skippers than expected are already registered, and the bonus of three weeks to go- What's more, a number of "Regulars" are not yet on the dockett!

in regard to the NOR/SIs We are happy to hear any issues that participants may have with them. At this time we have not heard any concerns in regard to anything contained in the NOR/SIs from any registered party, but if there is a question or concern, we are able to hear this at the skippers meeting and post an amendment to either without too much fanfare if required.

A number of us are really looking forward to getting a new club off the ground with a fresh start, and chose a location that can really- really deliver.
You'll note that there are already events scheduled for the 2018 Sailing Season on the AMYA calendar - and on dates that can really knock people's socks off. This past Sunday, 10/15/17 the site saw wind speeds from 207 Degrees, with an average of 16.7mph and gusting to 24.8 on the race course. That is perfectly 100% square to the control area, and we hope that sounds somewhat appetizing.

I look forward to seeing you on 11/4/2017!
Oct 17, 2017, 08:09 PM
Sorry Breakwater, but I will not be there - my days of traveling long distance to regattas is way behind me.

Hope it is a great success - we need more IOM action on the east coast.

John
Oct 18, 2017, 08:04 AM
Breakwater, well done, looks like you may get 50 boats but I notice you have attracted not only the current WORLD champion but skippers from Australia.

For us TOGS that do not manage social media sites and still own original Nokia phones could you post any results and photos on this site for all to see.

Wish you well and look forward to some great fair sailing.
Oct 18, 2017, 11:11 AM
I think you have confused the US IOM Nationals with a proposed local race. The Nationals are in Texas this weekend with 50 plus boats and the current World Champion. Breakwater's event is in Mass. in November with not sure how many boats but no current attendees from outside North America.
Oct 18, 2017, 12:18 PM
Just us simple country folk going to the one in Mass Lazer! Not quite ready for prime time yet. Looking to add a ranking event here in the North East US and then we will expect to see some familiar faces. Until then, we will continue to tweek, tune and adjust our fleet until we can mount a serious challenge for the likes of some of these guys. Good fun, cannot wait to meet everyone when they do come this way.

SJ
Oct 18, 2017, 06:14 PM
Hey

Yes, I'm not sure if the "Harvest Moon" offering has been confused with the IOM Nationals in Texas, but we don't have 50 boats registered.

Also, a bit of mis-information provided, in that the regatta isn't actually "Proposed". It's official, and there are a number of paid-up entries at this time. Also, in regard to competitors from outside North America, a bit of assumption perhaps as a skippers list hasn't been published anywhere. But with all the Hot-Shots "In Town" it would be great if any could make a pit stop in R1 for some fun.

Surely we won't see the 50 entries, but not far from 20% of that (Ten), which would be really great considering it's the club's first ever event. It would be even better if Thomas an SJ could join to boost the number, since they are both within the region, but both are in the unpaid column for the moment anyway. Come on guys.
Oct 19, 2017, 12:11 AM
Sorry Breakwater, my fault, old age confusion i guess.

Good luck with the race anyway and i hope you get many boats on the water at WINTER ISLAND and the race is a complete success.