IOM General Discussion - Page 427 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 18, 2014, 05:38 PM
Gautby road is however known as the Venice of the north...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2014, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK43
Apr 19, 2014, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Well, it's usually wet but not many gondolas.
Apr 19, 2014, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbyroadeast
Well, it's usually wet but not many gondolas.
I hear the manchester ship canal is overrun with them... You swapped over to your new boat yet??
Apr 19, 2014, 01:24 PM
Quote:
I hear the manchester ship canal is overrun with them... You swapped over to your new boat yet??
Still learning with the BP will swap to new boat when feel compenent enough
Apr 20, 2014, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbyroadeast
Still learning with the BP will swap to new boat when feel compenent enough
I'm not sure how it goes without the addachine?
Apr 21, 2014, 10:46 AM
So I dropped my IOM keel and now it is out of "whack."
Anyone have experience with this and the best way to get back. Or is it as we say "NS" and have to go back to the molding board?
Apr 21, 2014, 10:57 AM
How about a photo showing what out of whack means? normally if someone can make it, it can be repaired but it depends on what stuff and tools you have to hand
Apr 21, 2014, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan
Anyone have experience with this and the best way to get back. Or is it as we say "NS" and have to go back to the molding board?
Stan,

If it is just bent "Whack" it on the floor. I had that happen to mine in San Diago when the TSA boys bent it, the aft end was about an inch bent up, I grabbed it by the nose and whacked it on the floor a couple of times and it bent quite easily right back into the proper location. There is a steel rod inside the lead and a little lead and filler came off the pointed end but a five minute repair with a little filler and I was good to go.
Apr 21, 2014, 12:04 PM
GBR 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan
Hi I did the same a year or so ago and bent the rear end spoke to Graham Bantock and he suggested hitting it on something soft with a rubber hammer worked a treat
Apr 21, 2014, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailterry
Hi I did the same a year or so ago and bent the rear end spoke to Graham Bantock and he suggested hitting it on something soft with a rubber hammer worked a treat
Exactly what mine looked like. Since I was in a motel room the only option I had was the floor, I actually started by hitting it on the brick wall outside our room but the carpeted floor worked great with no marks left from the brick wall. I hit it on the floor with the bent part pointed up and it moved back into position quite easily.

It was near midnight and the other folks in the motel may not have been too happy, but they got over it.
Apr 21, 2014, 02:03 PM
Thomas Armstrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFlack
Exactly what mine looked like. Since I was in a motel room the only option I had was the floor, I actually started by hitting it on the brick wall outside our room but the carpeted floor worked great with no marks left from the brick wall. I hit it on the floor with the bent part pointed up and it moved back into position quite easily.

It was near midnight and the other folks in the motel may not have been too happy, but they got over it.
Wrap it in a towel from the bathroom, works ok too.
Apr 22, 2014, 07:11 AM
A friend dropped his fin off a first floor balcony whilst trying to paint it. The bulb looked like a sickle, but it was surprisingly easy to tease back into shape with a rubber mallet.
Apr 22, 2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys,
Yes I have tried the old "Ekie Thump" on it but wasn't sure how far I could go with it. Good to know about the steel rod.
Watched "Cosmos" last night and it was about led. Don't really feel like touching that anymore!!! Thanks again. See you late Friday night Ted.
Apr 22, 2014, 07:19 AM
OlivierFRA100
Some great pictures of Tricastin Cup, sailed this weekend in Pierrelatte (France) with 66 boats. https://plus.google.com/photos/10777...66047241445841