IOM General Discussion - Page 337 - RC Groups
View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 18, 2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iicaptain
standbye...a Team Oracle comeback has begun!
Will need something faster than Artemis for that to happen
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2013, 11:28 AM
Is there a Super Market next to the sailing area , seems a lot of plastic bags floating arround bit of lottery at times. Hope the GB boys have a good final day they deserve it .

Betty my final comment, remember both the boats are built down under and the water runs the opposite way down the plughole. Just keep putting in a spoonfull of the pink powder and all will be fine
Oct 18, 2013, 08:04 PM
nice link on Worlds page for some great photos.

https://plus.google.com/112290654075655447269/posts
Oct 19, 2013, 01:54 AM

Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty Smalling
Dear Mike,

i did also consider the V8 as an option, also the Chinz, but looking at results i found both boats a little like my clothes washing, they are fine when separated but do not mix well with others when the heat is turned up.

The design that wins the big races, Euro and Worlds, is obviously the fastest design, this is why i bought an Obsession many years ago, it was without doubt the fastest design after Craig won the Worlds with it.
Betty,
Really liked your previous posting re buying everything that looked like it was the best then having the nightmare.
Laughed like mad, then I read the above posting which reminded me how damaging forums can be when an offhand comment is posted.

Where is the evidence you based your opinion on how the V8 and CHEINZ,(please note the spelling), perform?.

The V8 won the US Nats in San Francisco recently, and the Cheinz is the top ranked boat in Australia and New Zealand. Oh, and it recently finished second to Brad Gibson in the recent UK Nats.Not bad for a boat that does not perform amongst other designs, and sailed by a skipper (Martin Roberts), who had only sailed it 5 or 6 times before the event!.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but it would be nice if it was based on facts.

By the way I hope I am not jumping the gun, but congrats go to Rob Walsh for his performance in the Worlds with the BritPOP. Great effort!
Oct 19, 2013, 05:19 AM
By the way I hope I am not jumping the gun, but congrats go to Rob Walsh for his performance in the Worlds with the BritPOP. Great effort![/QUOTE]

Heat 26...Rob in b fleet, Marko on top in A fleet
Oct 19, 2013, 05:19 AM
HMS can be cruel,who would think that GB would be found in D fleet and Zvonko is in C now this morning.
Oct 19, 2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iicaptain
By the way I hope I am not jumping the gun, but congrats go to Rob Walsh for his performance in the Worlds with the BritPOP. Great effort!
Rob in b fleet, Marko on top in A fleet [/QUOTE]

You're a real goat mout ain't ya.
Oct 19, 2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeff
Probably congratulated the Kiwis for their win at 8-1 up in the AC

The team sailing has begun with the usual suspects following orders in 11 and 12
Oct 19, 2013, 06:03 AM
Should Rob finish worse than 8th twice and Marko wins twice the score is even,but Rob gets it with most wins (8).The cushion is getting thin but there's padding left.
Oct 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchicken

The team sailing has begun with the usual suspects following orders in 11 and 12
Fortunately IOM Worlds don't have rules that allow TV to rule the roost on how long a race can last, otherwise the Aussie/Kiwi team would not have won and the Kiwis would have. So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 19, 2013, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchicken

Sorry, meant to ask.WHO has just won the IOM Worlds???????????????.
Oct 19, 2013, 09:16 AM
Love RC Yachts!!!
Big congratulation to Rob Walsh, very commanding performance over the whole regatta! So 2 WC on the trot for BG and the BritPOP, well done.

I believe that between the BritPOP, Chienz, and V8, they are all good boats, and very close. You could swap the boats between the good skippers and they'd still be close. I still believe a skippers ability to tune, and ultimately sail the boat well is the biggest performance differentiator on the water.....
Oct 19, 2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Fortunately IOM Worlds don't have rules that allow TV to rule the roost on how long a race can last, otherwise the Aussie/Kiwi team would not have won and the Kiwis would have. So there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds a little bitter Jeff. Rules are rules whether right or wrong!
Oct 19, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Rules they signed off on . I supported them but they were just not good enough. Time to loose the shoulder chips!

Rob Walsh did just win. A fine effort over the week and congratulations to him. Well predicted
Oct 19, 2013, 03:19 PM
Boomboom124
Congratulations to Rob Walsh. Well deserved!
Apparently, he is also a Scotsman.

Couple of comments,
I watched the latest B fleet video on the worlds website and a couple of things struck me straight away.
1. If an international judge cannot clearly see what sail number caused an infringement at the windward mark, then the mark is too far away.
2. There was live judging, advising skippers that they have commited infringements.
Is this the way to go?
I am of the opinion that this is assisting the infingee.