View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Sep 01, 2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychosis
Skipper or boat?
The truth is of course that it is a combination of both. Its the whole package.
In different cases different parts of the package are the more important factor.
For instance give B.G. a lesser boat to sail and he would stand a very good chance of winning and would certainly finish high up. This makes his sailing/tuning skills the most important part of the package.
Give a mere mortal like myself and I suspect many BP owners one of Brads boats and there is a very good chance that their results would improve. This of course has happened and is what leads many, and quite rightly so to hail the virtues of the BP.
In these cases the boat is the most important part of the package as without it these skippes would probably return to the mere mortal status.
Hi Barry any new designs in the pipeline? Crosbie seems to have left his in the dock for now!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK43
Hi Barry any new designs in the pipeline? Crosbie seems to have left his in the dock for now!
where have you been he has the ASBO
Sep 01, 2013, 02:37 PM
Just back from the Tri-Services Regatta in a weed filled Gosport Lake. We had to move to the smaller lake to continue with the regatta. John Cleave was the winner with his BP, 2nd was Roy Stevens with his Pikanto, 3rd was myself (Shiraz) and 4th was Mick Chamberlain with a BP.
Light fluky wind conditions throughout the weekend but we had 2 fleets and 18 races. On a personal note and on sailing ability. I was pleased that i had the capability of having a bad start and being last at the first mark, i could claw my way to finish in 3rd or 4th position in A-fleet. I just need to work on how i start..

JT
Sep 01, 2013, 03:08 PM
well done John, that does not sound good news for the RA Nationals next week at Gosport then.
Sep 02, 2013, 01:45 PM

IOM Espana - (promotion) video

Our Chairman Miguel Salvador (IOM Espana) has - together with the board of IOM Espana taken the initiatv to let some very prof film people produce a (short-)film introducing IOM sailing to other RC and general sailors - Take a look,

The film was made during a good race weekend ( Copa de Espana 2013 ) at the Canal Olympic in Barcelona - arranged by the Club Nautico Garraf.

I think it needs "a big hand" and please share it to whoever could have interest in the IOM sailing or RC sailing -

IOM España (5 min 18 sec)
Last edited by Per Krabbe; Sep 02, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Sep 02, 2013, 02:54 PM
Useful Idiot
Bien hecho, Per.
Sep 02, 2013, 05:59 PM
An excellent publicity film. Well done to all concerned
Sep 03, 2013, 10:31 AM

MX.14 - Warm Up

First testing for the new IOM Project of MXComponents (MX.14 - Frank Russel Design)

https://picasaweb.google.com/1115460...September2013#

https://picasaweb.google.com/1115460...SideVsBritPop#
Sep 03, 2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Krabbe
Our Chairman Miguel Salvador (IOM Espana) has - together with the board of IOM Espana taken the initiatv to let some very prof film people produce a (short-)film introducing IOM sailing to other RC and general sailors - Take a look,

The film was made during a good race weekend ( Copa de Espana 2013 ) at the Canal Olympic in Barcelona - arranged by the Club Nautico Garraf.

I think it needs "a big hand" and please share it to whoever could have interest in the IOM sailing or RC sailing -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKc-pGyxq9Q
This is simply a FANTASTIC video! Well done. I will certainly pass it on!!

Brig North
Sep 04, 2013, 04:41 AM
Hi max67
I'm interested to see that MX Components are already testing an MX14. From the picture links you provided, the MX14 seems to be faster than the other test boats.
Do you know when the MX14 will be available to buy?
Thanks
Sep 04, 2013, 05:04 AM
Hi Phil 42

the boat faster than the previous model. I do not yet know the exact times for selling. Blog updates soon. http://mainboom.blogspot.it/

cheers, massimo
Sep 04, 2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil 42
Hi max67
From the picture links you provided, the MX14 seems to be faster than the other test boats.
Thanks
Or, from the picture links provided we can see that the wind is lighter on the inside near the shoreline. 52 is overtaken to leeward, gybes to get on the favoured tack and then overtakes 141 as it continues on the wrong gybe. Tactical test, not speed test. Britpop may be good but when badly sailed slow boats will get past.
Sep 04, 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchicken
Or, from the picture links provided we can see that the wind is lighter on the inside near the shoreline. 52 is overtaken to leeward, gybes to get on the favoured tack and then overtakes 141 as it continues on the wrong gybe. Tactical test, not speed test. Britpop may be good but when badly sailed slow boats will get past.
"the boat faster than the previous model"...I'm sorry. my English is not very good .)
Sep 04, 2013, 08:41 AM

IOM "B" rig

What is the consensus/experience with the IOM B rig - does the mast (11.1mm) need spreaders?
Sep 04, 2013, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radsail
What is the consensus/experience with the IOM B rig - does the mast (11.1mm) need spreaders?
Yes, c doesn't, even with the HT French masts it is to long to not have spreaders