View Poll Results: If you are reading this thread are you an IOM owner
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
The Tug is offline
Find More Posts by The Tug
Registered User
West system can be bought in small pouches,the use of calibrated pump will mix way too much material and this stuff is pricey,for the model i use a Coca Cola cap 2 1/2 resin 1/2 hardner no wastage even that's too much for your purpose, as said the mix is 5 to 1.Now on to some racing hope fully there will be some new vids up shortley,i wonder how many hours they are ahead of us in Croatia.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
I think 5 hours!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
The Tug is offline
Find More Posts by The Tug
Registered User
Thanks Tony,that would put them in the early evening and there are no updates on the scorecard hummm.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
TedFlack is offline
Find More Posts by TedFlack
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
Thanks Tony,that would put them in the early evening and there are no updates on the scorecard hummm.
Pretty sure they are done for today after two rounds completed. The wind sounds pretty fickle, several races were abandoned and re-sailed.

Tug, did you see the results after two races? If not here they are:

http://www.scor.hr/regate/2012/IOM%2...ampionship.htm
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
martin richards is offline
Find More Posts by martin richards
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tug View Post
West system can be bought in small pouches,the use of calibrated pump will mix way too much material and this stuff is pricey,for the model i use a Coca Cola cap 2 1/2 resin 1/2 hardner no wastage even that's too much for your purpose, as said the mix is 5 to 1.Now on to some racing hope fully there will be some new vids up shortley,i wonder how many hours they are ahead of us in Croatia.
GMT +1 at the moment
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:56 PM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Race 1 heat E
IOM Europeans 2012: Race1 / Heat E (6 min 40 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:19 PM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Race 1 Heart D

IOM Europeans 2012: Race1 / Heat D (8 min 53 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Race 1 Heat C

IOM Europeans 2012: Race1 / Heat C (6 min 25 sec)
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:19 PM
jims123 is offline
Find More Posts by jims123
Registered User
jims123's Avatar

Awesome Videos..


Thanks ToniG for posting these videos..very inspirational.
----
Tug
I picked up the West System packets (5ea for $25) and will try fixing the rudder top line soon.. need to time it right and do it out on the patio cause if the wife's super sensitive nose gets a wif.. I'll be out in the dog house again with the boat..

We had a great IOM Regatta here in San Diego this weekend.. and I see lots of promise in my Widget US450/ Sail No 150.. still have lots to learn about tuning it properly for different wind conditions, but got some excellent help.. (Thanks Again John) and I like the added boat speed over the ODOM. Regards, JimS
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:07 PM
Strobe2 is offline
Find More Posts by Strobe2
Registered User
Watching bantock heat win. (very Close) It looks like he went the right on the course when the leaders went left. Came from deep in the field to when,
I also found heat B on youtube. No link on web site yet, Brad wins easily.
Great footage only needs the finish line shown more. Yes you can see results but the distances would be great too.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strobe2 View Post
Watching bantock heat win. (very Close) It looks like he went the right on the course when the leaders went left. Came from deep in the field to when,
I also found heat B on youtube. No link on web site yet, Brad wins easily.
Great footage only needs the finish line shown more. Yes you can see results but the distances would be great too.
He done very well look at his start everybody on the start flicked over to port and got away but GB got held on starboard by a dithereing boat!
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:01 PM
gpzy is offline
Find More Posts by gpzy
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
gpzy's Avatar
Jim we have a few Widgets in our IOM fleet at Hansen Dam. And on our pond they hold there own against some newer hull designs. You have a good boat now get some stick time.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:28 PM
jims123 is offline
Find More Posts by jims123
Registered User
jims123's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzy View Post
Jim we have a few Widgets in our IOM fleet at Hansen Dam. And on our pond they hold there own against some newer hull designs. You have a good boat now get some stick time.
I'll have to come up there and see them some time.. Thanks .. I'm very proud to own one, and race with the great bunch of guys down here and elsewhere that have IOM's.. What a legacy these boats have. Seems like I could learn something new about them for a year and still not know all the key things to know and learn about making one go fast.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:43 PM
TedFlack is offline
Find More Posts by TedFlack
Registered User
Jim,

It you can learn everything in a year you will be the first person to do that, four for me and still learning every day.

Ted
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:45 AM
ToniGe23 is offline
Find More Posts by ToniGe23
Registered User
ToniGe23's Avatar
Round up the the 1st days racing

IOM Europeans 2012 - Monday Highlights (4 min 57 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion X-3D Brushless Quadrocopter, general quadrocopter, x-ufo discussion tend2it Multirotor Talk 2529 Apr 26, 2008 08:45 PM
Discussion Kong Power Packs Info And General Discussion nitroshark Batteries and Chargers 10 Jan 13, 2008 12:33 AM
Discussion Kong Power Packs Info And General Discussion nitroshark Batteries and Chargers 32 Jan 03, 2008 04:02 PM
Discussion General Discussion Inflexo Australia 172 Nov 27, 2006 11:26 PM
General Discussion / Training Area zax Site Chat 0 Oct 03, 2001 02:48 PM