Dec 14, 2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAN SAIL 51
Yes dick he always sails his own design
I was wonderin how you was going to answer that.Duck
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2011, 04:30 AM
Hi All,

What a great day sailing, perfect weather 30deg C and a loverly cool sea breese producing 10-12 knots middle to high A rig.
Ended up 4th out of 9 boats for the scratch day after missing 2 races first one because I left my TX at home and then snapping the Main sheet rope.
Will post the results when they are emailed though.
Dec 17, 2011, 05:24 AM
Flying without a licence
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8387mike
Hi All,

What a great day sailing, perfect weather 30deg C and a loverly cool sea breese producing 10-12 knots middle to high A rig.
Ended up 4th out of 9 boats for the scratch day after missing 2 races first one because I left my TX at home and then snapping the Main sheet rope.
Will post the results when they are emailed though.
Sounds lovely apart from the mishaps Our forecast for tomorrows racing is 14-18 knots and 8 deg C. Prior to racing I'll be standing on the touch line of a football pitch for 2 hrs watching my son play football so multi layer thermals and a large flask of coffee will be order of the day.
My homebrew is coming on nicely and the light is really starting to glow at the end of the tunnel. Foredeck and hull are being painted aft deck is waiting for the postman to deliver my rudder servo (1/12 scale futaba 9650) and remaining hardware which includes 50lb dacron for the main sheet etc
The eurgle winch has been dry fitted and is a tight squeeze but I'll live with that as I'm not a big fan of large and many fabric deck patches.
Dec 18, 2011, 06:09 PM
Who has that pivoting boat stand that coould send me some pics? Tony had one at the Nationals...

I found this web page showing details how to build it but I would like to see the boat on it... a better picture than the one on that page.

It seems I need to make the arms longer as the pivoting portion is too close to the hull on the one I made following the sizes given on that page.

If anything else, it was fun sweating pipes!!!

Thanks!!
Roberto
Dec 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
You need to put a link to that website here

There were some photos of one in the latest MY mag.
Dec 18, 2011, 07:50 PM
ralph
Try this site: http://latitude24designs.com/New Latitude 24 Carbon Fiber Boat Stand

-Rotates 360 degrees with ball bearing pivot-

-Carbon Fiber Construction-

-Adjustable height for working on the boat-
Dec 18, 2011, 09:21 PM
Roberto,

Can you please post the link to the site that shows how to make those stands? I would like to make one

Here are the ones sold in Australia.
http://radiosailingshop.com.au/index...roducts_id=589
Dec 19, 2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry! I took it for granted that everyone knew about it...

http://www.ec12.info/Rick-West.htm

It was a breeze to make it, but now I am in the fit part of the project. So I realized that the perpendicular piece to the two arms that actually touches the hull, seems to be too close to the hull. So my next step is to make those arms a bit longer, which I was trying to make them as small as possible...

Good thing about winter in Michigan... I have plenty of time before I really need this stand!!!!

: (

Hew - Thanks for the tip! I will look back at that Vic edition
Dec 20, 2011, 01:41 PM
Flying without a licence
Tomorrow I should be at a point where I can fit the Eurgle drum winch and continuous sail control sheet loop. Not having done this before are there any pitfalls I should be aware of or does anybody have any good hints to make this job easier?
Thanks
Mark
Dec 20, 2011, 03:04 PM
Okay, I found one solution to my roadblock...

Four extra 45deg connectors and it looks like this will work for my taste.

Dec 21, 2011, 11:51 AM
We have a couple of guys at my club that will go out of their way to "Get you" just because they have the Right of Way. I saw on the British site the following message from some guy who makes sails, designs boats, and is a past IOM World Champion:

"Just because you have right of way, it doesn't mean you are going the right way! Big Picture!"

Bottom line is that if someone is going the right way and you keep going the wrong way just to prove you have the right of way it probably will cost you in the end.

I have to work on our club to think that way. Certainly makes for a nicer day sailing too.

Ted
Dec 21, 2011, 02:48 PM
"Like"
Dec 21, 2011, 09:25 PM
FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedFlack
We have a couple of guys at my club that will go out of their way to "Get you" just because they have the Right of Way. I saw on the British site the following message from some guy who makes sails, designs boats, and is a past IOM World Champion:

"Just because you have right of way, it doesn't mean you are going the right way! Big Picture!"

Bottom line is that if someone is going the right way and you keep going the wrong way just to prove you have the right of way it probably will cost you in the end.

I have to work on our club to think that way. Certainly makes for a nicer day sailing too.

Ted
I see this all the time.
Dec 22, 2011, 05:46 AM
Many intermediate sailors sail that way ahhhhh i've got him,but can't see the next two tacks.
Dec 23, 2011, 04:21 AM
Merry Christmas, may the new year bring Joy & Happiness to all.

Quick Reply