SeaDart easy build waterplane parkflyer *PLANS* - Page 5 - RC Groups
Dec 23, 2009, 10:28 AM
USA, Massachusetts
Well I've started to cut out parts for the Seadart. I'm thinking of trying some modifications, mostly cosmetic, but not sure if I'm a good enough builder for that, but I shall try anyway.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2009, 05:11 PM
Foam abuser!
Marcel,

Sorry this took so long. Here are your original plans cropped and tiled for Letter and A4.

Pat
Dec 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyer50
Well I've started to cut out parts for the Seadart. I'm thinking of trying some modifications, mostly cosmetic, but not sure if I'm a good enough builder for that, but I shall try anyway.
Sorry for the late reply, I was offline for a few days. I'd love to see how your Seadart turns out
Dec 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Marcel,

Sorry this took so long. Here are your original plans cropped and tiled for Letter and A4.
Thanks Pat!
Jan 05, 2010, 09:42 PM
boerie roll

video

Here is some water flying video.

Depron Seadart on water (4 min 0 sec)

Marcel
Last edited by vleisie; Jan 06, 2010 at 11:11 PM.
Jan 05, 2010, 11:06 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Fantastic build and video. One of the most creative scratch builds to date.
I will be building one soon. Didn't see it in the post but, how many sheets of depron are needed and what size?
Darrin
Jan 05, 2010, 11:14 PM
Foam abuser!
Very nice water flying Marcel! I need to do one of these, but I would be flying from grass (not much water here in the desert ).

Pat
Jan 05, 2010, 11:16 PM
Foam abuser!
Darrin,

Build is with 6mm depron. Probably safe to get two full sheets of 39X27.5. It should be available at some of the LHS' around town.

Pat
Jan 05, 2010, 11:21 PM
Very nice video and flying. You like to fly like I do, up close and personal Looks like it has great water handling, that's a great homage to one of my favorite planes. Good Job.

Frank
Jan 06, 2010, 06:20 AM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrin H
Fantastic build and video. One of the most creative scratch builds to date.
I will be building one soon. Didn't see it in the post but, how many sheets of depron are needed and what size?
Darrin
Thanks for the kind words. I think it would need a bit more than one sheet, like Pat said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxmanpat
Very nice water flying Marcel! I need to do one of these, but I would be flying from grass (not much water here in the desert ).

Pat
Thanks Pat. We don't have many water sites nearby either, but at least I get to do some water flying once or twice a year on holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkefj
Very nice video and flying. You like to fly like I do, up close and personal Looks like it has great water handling, that's a great homage to one of my favorite planes. Good Job.

Frank
Thanks very much Frank. The water handling is quite easy, especially once it is riding on the ski.
Jan 06, 2010, 07:43 AM
PSALM 14:1
Great water video!!

Any chance of allowing Birdofplay to cut the foam bits from your plans as with the BD-5? If he's willing that is....
Jan 06, 2010, 12:18 PM
boerie roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy70
Great water video!!

Any chance of allowing Birdofplay to cut the foam bits from your plans as with the BD-5? If he's willing that is....
Thanks Sammy, I'll see how it goes.
Jan 06, 2010, 12:33 PM
Retired CAD guy
Well better late than never.

I missed this due to the 3 week trip and some how just never hit the radar after I got back.

I'm including a parts arrangement for 6mm depron as we get it in the USA.
39" x 13" white depron std size.

Pat you can TILE that one too if you want !

Again this looks like another winner as it captures the intent and philosophy
of Foamy Park model flying.
And as stated earlier I love the Grass or water capability.

Sorry, but I took some liberty just to get it all to fit.
The wing is in 3 pcs. But on break is on the spar line and the other was
necessary to get things to fit.

It might be summer in South Africa but it's a miserable winter in N America.
Jan 06, 2010, 12:44 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Very cool!
Jan 06, 2010, 02:03 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdofplay
It might be summer in South Africa but it's a miserable winter in N America.
Well, that all depends on where you live.

This past weekend we had sunny, calm and 70F!

Snow? What's that?

Rain? We had less than 4" for all of 2009.

Pat