Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 23, 2013, 08:30 PM
Registered User
minbari's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerdog
Tarot zyx + ER450 question. When I connect the servos I connect them to the zyx like this.

Ch1 -> Ail ( bottom, right looking from tail)
Ch2 -> Ele ( front )
Ch3 -> Pit ( top, left looking from tail )

Swash = 120
Is that right?
If you are replacing the stock rx And tx, then pit and ail don't matter. hook it up any way you like. can all be fixed on the TX later
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2013, 11:04 PM
Registered User
I have one of these I got in a trade. See no sign its was flown. Exceed 6 ch and assume not to good. I now fly Quads/ 4 ch F/P/ FBL 4 ch F/P and recently flying Mcp-x/ Genius c/p. Also have G/P 6.0 sim. Right now just want to give it a try and llater install Spectrum RX/RX. Also replace plastic geared sevos. I learned to fly in hi-rates as found turning down contriols was getting me into more trouble. No 3D as I have better for later, just want to fly a bigger heli and been flying helis/ quad for a year.
Looking ar radio it has FS-CT6A isn't that old flysky model ? Could this be compatable to T9X ? I see no servo reverse ?
Last edited by dankar04; Mar 05, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Mar 11, 2013, 03:34 PM
Registered User
Stuck a hobby king wing cam on the under side of my erazor 450. Took it pretty easy this time. wasn't sure if it would fling off or not.

Dynam Erazor 450 cam March 7 2013 (3 min 1 sec)
Mar 11, 2013, 05:53 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
See, this forum is not just fun it's educational, too: if anyone ever asks me what the principle crop is in Wheatland, I can now tell them with confidence: ROCKS!




Good fun, thanks for sharing! I think you might be able to mount the camera on a gel pad or other shock absorber and get even cleaner vid output.


I love putting the camera on my various flying machines, have not done enough of it lately -- so maybe this week, I'll try to catch up!




Here is a vid of me trying out my Kalt Whisper this morning, posted on another thread. Taken using my 'glasses cam' - select HD 720p for best viewing:

kalt_whisper_first_circuits (3 min 27 sec)
Mar 11, 2013, 09:54 PM
Registered User
nice tracknoob! Hey, you gave me an idea.... anyone want to buy some rocks? Maybe I'll put some on ebay and see how they do. Ha!

I'll try and fasten the camera on better next time and get some smoother video.
Mar 17, 2013, 05:44 AM
Taming the "fling-wing"
HeliJLK's Avatar

Heli Video


Hi guys, been a while since I last flown my Razor, but I still regularly drop by and see what's up in Razor-land!

When I saw dmount76's vid I thought I just had to do a "me too, me too"

Unfortunately the vid was not from my e-Razor but rather from my Mini Titan, but they are both the same size and I often mounted my GoPro underneath my e-Razor (had to extend the skid height though, but on the Mini Titan the skids have enough clearance):

Mini Titan E325 with GoPro - no FPV yet (4 min 56 sec)


Noob, speaking of "principle crop"...

Happy flying!
Mar 17, 2013, 12:07 PM
Diverted by planks
tracknoob's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliJLK
Hi guys, been a while since I last flown my Razor, but I still regularly drop by and see what's up in Razor-land!

When I saw dmount76's vid I thought I just had to do a "me too, me too"

Unfortunately the vid was not from my e-Razor but rather from my Mini Titan, but they are both the same size and I often mounted my GoPro underneath my e-Razor (had to extend the skid height though, but on the Mini Titan the skids have enough clearance):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUf-79YMitg

Noob, speaking of "principle crop"...

Happy flying!
Good stuff. Now I'll have to take my own Minititan Cobra out and get some footage, too!

BTW, can't believe I did a 'principle' vs 'principal' screw up -- I used to be soooo smart....

Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 PM
Registered User
Very nice HeliJKL! your flying and editing skills are commendable!

Pretty sweet locations too.
Mar 18, 2013, 01:17 AM
Taming the "fling-wing"
HeliJLK's Avatar
Thanks! I need to get my Razor back in the air; have a niggling tail issue to sort out. When I heard your bird spooling up in your vid I couldn't help but miss the Razor; it has such a distinctive sound. I fly a number of helis but only the Razor has that distinctive "angry grinding" spool-up sound!
Mar 18, 2013, 01:08 PM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliJLK
Thanks! I need to get my Razor back in the air; have a niggling tail issue to sort out. When I heard your bird spooling up in your vid I couldn't help but miss the Razor; it has such a distinctive sound. I fly a number of helis but only the Razor has that distinctive "angry grinding" spool-up sound!
I have ER for over a year now. Tried FF only twice. Total flight number is about 90. The thing prevent me enjoying this ER is it seems have a lot of issues to dealing with. Any of these issues if not addressed ahead of time, it WILL guarantee a crash in midflight. Everyone in this thread contributed and discussed these issues in the past. There is one issue that I cannot find a solution. Yes, it in the tail. At least in my case, every roughly 10 flights, the tail blade holder will pop off. If you replace the stock M2x5 with longer screw and loctite, say M2x8, the shank of the screw will shear off. See the post by pullup!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2815

If you keep the stock M2x5 screw and loctite, it will pop off or get loose. I have changed tail holder housing so many times but it still follow that 10-flights-popoff rule. Tail seems behave ok/no vibration within that 10 flights. Any idea?
Mar 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl
If you keep the stock M2x5 screw and loctite, it will pop off or get loose. I have changed tail holder housing so many times but it still follow that 10-flights-popoff rule. Tail seems behave ok/no vibration within that 10 flights. Any idea?
This subject has been covered several times on this form.
If the tail blades hit, or even touch, anything it's best to check the locking screw, as it will most likely come loose.
Mar 20, 2013, 06:35 PM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe
This subject has been covered several times on this form.
If the tail blades hit, or even touch, anything it's best to check the locking screw, as it will most likely come loose.
Thanks. It seems a year passed, the only thing haven't changed is my landing skill.
Mar 21, 2013, 08:14 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTstrudl
Thanks. It seems a year passed, the only thing haven't changed is my landing skill.
Just cheat like I do. Fit it with 500 skids and tubes and the problem will mostly go away.

You will want to drill, slightly wider, holes in the skids and use socket screws and nuts to hold them on. I chose not to do this and recently got a TRex 500. Once I saw how they were supposed to fit I decided to re-fit mine.
Mar 21, 2013, 10:22 AM
Registered User
GTstrudl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerdog
Just cheat like I do. Fit it with 500 skids and tubes and the problem will mostly go away.

You will want to drill, slightly wider, holes in the skids and use socket screws and nuts to hold them on. I chose not to do this and recently got a TRex 500. Once I saw how they were supposed to fit I decided to re-fit mine.
Can you tell me T-Rex 500 skid is how much wider (and taller) than ER stock skid? When I started flying ER, I hard landing a lot without knowing shut down throttle would give a unknown negative rotor pitch (used stock TX back then). So I overstock spare skids and overpractice landing. That might explain why I experienced so many tail rotor holder pop off issue as dsobbe posted earlier.
Mar 21, 2013, 10:51 AM
Registered User
minbari's Avatar
About 2" wider and 1" taller. Helped me allot with take off and landing


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question E-Sky 4 CH Flight Simulator OR Dynam RC Tech 6-Channel vinay2070 Simulators 11 Jun 15, 2011 02:45 PM
Discussion Dynam E Razor 250 - Anyone else got one ? iamDerrick Micro Helis 14 Nov 23, 2010 10:26 PM
For Sale Dynam 6 Channel E-Razor 450 Metal 3D RC Helicopter RTF livinma1 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Dec 03, 2009 09:35 PM
Discussion E-Razor 250 Garrett1234567 3D Electric Heli Flying 0 Nov 26, 2009 08:12 PM
Sold DYNAM 250 Razor from xheli.com abletowinginc Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 9 Nov 15, 2009 09:11 PM