Dec 07, 2009, 02:45 AM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Thread OP
Discussion

Dynam E-Razor 450

Does anyone own, or have flown the E-Razor 450? If so what are your opinions on it and the quality of its electronics? Looks to be a T-Rex clone?

I am moving up from my Axe soon and am purchasing on a limited budget.
Seems like a very good heli for the money, and I am very much looking forward to ditching ETRM helis.

Give me some opinions.....

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2009, 03:42 PM
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_91...tm.htm#9298694

I got one, not real happy with it....
Jan 13, 2010, 06:12 PM
Dumb question: What does "ETRM" stand for?
Jan 13, 2010, 09:09 PM

dam code

It could be ELEVATOR trim .Here's another dumb question.
What motor cycles are made in china ?
Last edited by T Tail; Jan 13, 2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: ask another question
Jan 13, 2010, 10:46 PM
Not the sharpest of tools
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Tail
It could be ELEVATOR trim .Here's another dumb question.
What motor cycles are made in china ?
Since he said he was stepping up from an Axe, ETRM should = Electric Tail Rotor Motor.
Jan 14, 2010, 02:58 PM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwgwinn
Since he said he was stepping up from an Axe, ETRM should = Electric Tail Rotor Motor.
Yah, it means Electric Tail Rotor Motor.

CHINA............All those little cheapo pitbikes, pocket bikes, quads etc...........

Bought a 110cc 4 stroke pocket bike and it has been nothing but a P.O.S!

One of the more scary moments was when I was riding it to the store and the whole left footpeg/shifter and mount broke off when I had her topped out at about 45 MPH! My foot crashed into the ground and I got a heck of a speed wobble going but somehow managed to keep it upright.

As for my original question...........I have decided to go with the Blueray 450PE

Many good reviews on that bird!
Feb 11, 2010, 07:20 PM
Buy, Mod, Fly, Sell, Repeat
I just bought one. Hasn't arrived yet. I hope it's a good one.

I just sold a perfectly good TREX clone and purchased this helicopter with some $$ to spare. It seems like such a great deal.

It should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Any setup guides or tips?
Feb 12, 2010, 11:16 AM
AKA Shane
There is a pdf on the dynam website for both the heli and the transmitter. Just go to www.dynam-rc.com

The only problem is you need to be able to read chinglish.
Feb 12, 2010, 11:35 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
EDIT:

Here is a review that also has some information on default dip switches and some other things to help people understand the eRazor 450.
http://www.mycoolheli.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html
Last edited by Melnic; Jan 24, 2011 at 02:47 PM.
Feb 12, 2010, 10:20 PM
AKA Shane
Melnic, I can't wait to see what you have to say. You know your stuff and you've helped me much. I've read much of the 450 setup information on www.mycoolheli.com. I used the coupon from your website to save $10 on this heli. Thanks Melnic!

I'm also curious to see what Jhawk thinks about his e-razor. I just got the 2.4Ghz e-razor. Opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised - it looks to be of pretty good quality. Everything is neatly routed and tied down. The canopy is beautiful. I charged up the battery. Before testing the servos, I had to cut a zip tie holding the esc in place so that I could unplug the motor. I tested the servos and the swash movement is correct on mine. The switches are right there on the front, so I can see how one could easily get messed up. One thing about the TX... there is no throttle hold switch and the idle up/normal is on the right side.

I plugged in the motor and connected the battery, then tried to spin up the rotor. If you are in idle up mode, the receiver won't bind. I like that. One thing I've noticed is that the tail rotor blades are just a little longer than the tail, so if you are not careful, the tail blades might touch the floor a little bit when first starting up. Once it gets going, the wobbling stops and everything seems pretty smooth. It starts to get light on the skids at about 1/3 stick. No way would I try to hover this in my livingroom, so I'll have to wait until it isn't so cold in Michigan.
Feb 12, 2010, 11:44 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
hz6b9k,
thx..
What are the dip switch settings on yours?
Does the Rx bind on each power up like the Walkera 2.4ghz Rx's do or is there a bind plug with it?
On my 2.4ghz Walkera 4#3B, you have to plug in the Heli first, then turn the Tx on.
Is the Razor the same?
Feb 13, 2010, 08:24 AM
I hope you don't me jumping in. The radio binds with each power up. No bind plug,you have to power up the heli before the trans stops flashing. I don't remember the switch settings, as I was trying the swash setup I lost track of them. In frustration I swapped out the radio.
Feb 13, 2010, 09:41 AM
AKA Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic
hz6b9k,
thx..
What are the dip switch settings on yours?
Does the Rx bind on each power up like the Walkera 2.4ghz Rx's do or is there a bind plug with it?
On my 2.4ghz Walkera 4#3B, you have to plug in the Heli first, then turn the Tx on.
Is the Razor the same?
There is a label on the right of the transmitter that shows switches that are up are off and those that are down are on. The DIP settings on mine for the main switches are:

Rudder: down (or on)
Throttle: up (or off)
Aileron: up (or off)
Elevator: up (or off)

For the others, the first three are on the right of the main switches, the last three are on the left. The settings are:

PIT: up (or off)
CCPM. elevator: up (or off)
nor. CCPM: down (or on)
exp: up (or off)
plt pit: up (or off)
rudd mix gyro sens: up (or off)

This one was a little tricky for me. First turn on the TX, then immediately plug in the battery. The receiver binds each time, first it flashes red and blue... then solid red, then finally solid blue. If you do anything wrong like wait too long (or plug the heli in first) you'll have control over the swash plate but not the rudder and the gyro will be still be flashing red and blue. Got to have that solid blue light on the gyro for full control.

This is my first 450. I was surprised by the size of the thing. I have a CB100 (tiny little thing) and a EXI 250 (big by comparison). When this spins up, it is pretty loud, has a lot of power, and is just very impressive to me.
Feb 13, 2010, 09:47 AM
AKA Shane
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbeach
I hope you don't me jumping in. The radio binds with each power up. No bind plug,you have to power up the heli before the trans stops flashing. I don't remember the switch settings, as I was trying the swash setup I lost track of them. In frustration I swapped out the radio.
Rgbeach, that's been my experience too. The radio that comes with it isn't really programmable. Is that another reason why you swapped it out?

I have an Exceed transmitter that I've used on my EXI 250. It is very programmable by hooking it up to the computer. Seems to work great for a $50 radio. I might switch to that someday.
Last edited by hz6b9k; Feb 13, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
Feb 13, 2010, 09:47 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
That gyro I believe does not like a long time between power up and getting a signal from the Rx. That's probably why the need to do it together.
The last 3 dip switches if it's like the Walkera 701 are off but if you temporarily turn them on, you can adjust some settings by turning a knob then flipping the switch off. If the heli is flyable, leave those alone till next week when I can experiment with them and post my findings.
Last edited by Melnic; Jan 24, 2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quick Reply