Oct 12, 2020, 03:03 PM
Where's the wind?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim3D
Hi All,

I know it’s a long shot but I recently acquired one of those and to my luck I am wing joiner short.
Wondering if anyone possibly have a spare sitting around? Another option for me is to make one but will rather not go that route.

Thank you in advance.
Kim Quenette
I made a mold to make my own. Its not that hard of a project if you have access to a cnc and know some about wet layup epoxy parts. I use long square cut foam noodles and carbon sock and unicarbon strips. Wet out everything and stuff it in the mold and wait 24hrs. 10mins of trimming and you have a new joiner.. Just as strong as the oem version but a bit lighter.

I have 2 Stregas that have seen their fair share of damage and repair. Broken joiner is better than blown out joiner box or broken fuse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Oct 13, 2020, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_canuck
I made a mold to make my own. Its not that hard of a project if you have access to a cnc and know some about wet layup epoxy parts. I use long square cut foam noodles and carbon sock and unicarbon strips. Wet out everything and stuff it in the mold and wait 24hrs. 10mins of trimming and you have a new joiner.. Just as strong as the oem version but a bit lighter.

I have 2 Stregas that have seen their fair share of damage and repair. Broken joiner is better than blown out joiner box or broken fuse.

is there any dihedral on the joiner?
Oct 13, 2020, 12:14 PM
Where's the wind?
Yes there is a small dihedral angle with a flat section in the middle.

Oct 14, 2020, 01:03 AM
F3B
Don't rcrcm still make the model?
Oct 14, 2020, 08:29 AM
ah dinnae ken
RCRCM will sell you a new joiner.
Oct 20, 2020, 04:03 AM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Quote:
Hi All,

I know it’s a long shot but I recently acquired one of those and to my luck I am wing joiner short.
Wondering if anyone possibly have a spare sitting around? Another option for me is to make one but will rather not go that route.

Thank you in advance.
Kim Quenette
Kim, place an ad in the classified... there have been plenty of Stregas sold... and crashed... someone must have one of those joiners laying around, not?

PS
mine ist still alive and doing well
Oct 26, 2020, 09:54 AM
F3B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57
Kim, place an ad in the classified... there have been plenty of Stregas sold... and crashed... someone must have one of those joiners laying around, not?

PS
mine ist still alive and doing well
like rcrcm?
Oct 26, 2020, 05:45 PM
Life's short - Enjoy!
Quote:
like rcrcm?
no, more like:
https://www.rcgroups.com/aircraft-sailplanes-fs-w-100/
Oct 27, 2020, 04:25 AM
F3B
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee 57
I don't understand why you would not just ask RCRCM first. RCRCM made me a wing joiner and nose cone for a Typhoon before. If the model is still in production, which it appears to be, I would of have thought there is a good chance they would supply a new one.

Good conditions wing joiners rarely come up for sale because they are usually the first thing that gets broken in a crash and the first thing that gets accidentally lost.

Oct 27, 2020, 10:30 AM
ah dinnae ken
+1. Contact Linda a RCRCM she is very responsive and will supply you the parts you desire.
I ordered a Tomcat EVO in custom colors from her last year and I had it in less than two weeks.
Compared to:
It took 11 months to get a replacement stab from NAN Models
I'm on a two year waiting list for a SRTL glider
It took 3-1/2months to get a Graecalis and they forgot to ship some of the parts.

Quick Reply