2.4 GHz Hitec Optic 6 + Optima Receivers
I am in the process of transitioning to 2.4 GHz. I have been using a 72 MHz Hitec Optic 6 with a Spectra module for the past 3 years and I am very happy with it. Having several planes, some will continue to fly on 72 MHz. However I want to move my newer planes to 2.4 GHz. So here are my questions:
1. What has the experience been with the 2.4 GHz Optic 6 radio with the Optima receivers?
2. Can the 2.4 GHZ Optic 6 work with other receivers? If yes, which ones?
3. What is the max range between the 2.4 GHz Optic 6 radio and the Optima receiver?
4. Are the Optima receivers good for high altitude thermal gliding?
2. Yes, currently the Optima 6,7 & 9 channel RX with a minima (smaller) to be released in due course.
Otherwise 2.4GHz is proprietary and cannot be interchanged between brands - except where same item rebadged.
3. Futher than you can see. Refer range testng and other reports from Aurora users (same Spectra Pro Module with same antenna = same range)
4. Yes, the telemetry is a great feature, with range and ease of installing the BODA antenna detailed.
Optima RX - Installation RX, BODA Antenna & Range Test Results.
Aurora A9 (Hitec) - Mixes, Setups, Tips, Undocumented Features -- includes FAQ re Spectra Pro Module and Optima receivers.
Further information under
"2.4 GHz RC Systems"
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Rick - great info indeed.
I was wondering if the Hitec 2.4 could be used with the bind-and-fly planes and helis that are coming into the market. It turns out that these aircraft only support DSM2. So using the Spektrum DM8 2.4 module should take care of this issue. this is great.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Help!||Where To Buy Hitec 2.4 Module For Optic 6||Rickochet||Radios||8||Dec 03, 2009 04:29 PM|
|Sold||Hitec Spectra 2.4GHz Module & 2-Optima 7Ch 2.4GHZ receivers $105 shipped||flyingrandy55||Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W)||3||Dec 02, 2009 12:56 PM|
|New Product||Hitec TX Optic 6 2.4GHz with 2 optima 7ch RX's||supi7||JR Indoor Electric Festival||0||Nov 06, 2009 07:15 PM|
|Discussion||Anyone heard of a Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Ghz?||redhotpearl||Radios||3||Jun 06, 2009 08:23 AM|
|Help!||Futaba 6ex 2.4 ghz or hitec optic 6||Noz||Radios||5||Nov 11, 2007 02:04 PM|