Dec 01, 2009, 11:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

DHS Reiher Intrument Panel

Has anyone collected a photo of the vintage instruments in the Reiher? I've taken on the task of producing a "kit" of parts in scale for the Woodwings kit and have only this photo from Tom Bode. Any others of this or better resolution and would be helpful for comparison.

Thanks!

Oh, a Condor panel would be helpful too.

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2009, 11:16 AM
On page 123 of Martin Simon's Sailplane's there's a photo of the instrument panel of the Reiher that went on an expidition to Africa. There's alot more to this panel than the one on the previous post.
Dec 02, 2009, 11:41 AM
Thread OP
Yes, I've seen it posted on the Scale Soaring UK site but probably not an original vintage panel either?
Dec 02, 2009, 01:03 PM
Retired CAD guy
Tom, I had found this on the net.

plus lots of Hanna Pix

mostly from

http://scalesoaring.co.uk/VINTAGE/Do...umentation.htm
Dec 02, 2009, 05:29 PM
That's the photo.
Dec 02, 2009, 11:10 PM
Thread OP
Yes.

Still looking for more information. Are the Reiher blueprints part of what Martin Simons saved from the attic in Britain? I'll email him. Anyone have anything on the Condor?

Tom
Dec 02, 2009, 11:52 PM
Some one some where has got to have access to the fullsize Reiher at the Wasserkuppe, some of us would really like a photo documentation of it, particularly some cockpit photos, and some of us would even pay for those photos! Please!
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
Dec 03, 2009, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
I spoke with Tom Bode and the photo he sent me (post 1) is in fact from the Wasserkuppe reproduction Reiher. He said there is only one other that he is aware of in existence the "Achmer-Reiher" in Belgium. He's contacted someone there to see if photos can be taken of the panel.
Dec 03, 2009, 11:35 AM
Major lurker minor poster
I don't know his references and I don't speak German but check this out:http://www.retroplane.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=57939
Hope this helps,

Jerry
Dec 03, 2009, 12:27 PM
Tom, just to let you know I have an April 82 issue of RC Scale/Modeler magazine that has a Reiher build article by Detlef Draheim. It has some history of the type and a build and fly feature. BTW do you still have the plan of the Sterling Cirrus signed by Dale Willoby? I still have the ASW-15b plan's and a set of plans of the C-30 Edlweisse designed by the same person, pretty cool.
Dec 06, 2009, 04:26 AM
I've got this one as well, gives a bit more colour gradient and with the two images you may be able to work something out. This panel is from the "Reiher I", I have nothing on the "Reiher II", but it must be similar
Dec 08, 2009, 12:09 AM
Thread OP
Martin got back to me yesterday and sent some interesting comments. He said that the instrument panel in the post above (I've attached a better image he sent) was not standard with the addition of the large radio and telegraph key (I would guess the other instrumentation was augmented as well). He has photographed both the replica Reihers in Germany on two separate trips but did not make photos of the instruments.

Interestingly, he said workshop drawing for the reproductions do exist but does not know who to contact to get access to them.

Tom
Dec 08, 2009, 12:55 AM
Vintage Sailplane Assoc.?
Dec 08, 2009, 04:34 AM
Brilliant - thanks for posting the clearer picture.

Is it a contact at the Wasserkuppe you want?
Dec 08, 2009, 08:35 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Vincent. At this point its probably not necessary to trouble them. The first panel posted is probably as good as it gets since it is from one of the two reproductions. I will go with it.

Tom

Quick Reply