Mar 16, 2010, 03:10 PM
End of an Era.....
OK I have the final pattern traced on plywood! I'll post pics after I've got it together...

What kind of springs are those or where could I find some that will work??
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2010, 11:25 PM
Dean
I just got some springs from the hardware store yesterday and tried 'em with shoelaces today....worked great! Don't have any pics yet. Maybe tomorrow ai'll remember to take some. (Too much fun flying!!)
Mar 19, 2010, 03:07 PM
End of an Era.....
Seems like every time I get a chance to work on the cradle, something comes up to make me put it off!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!! I am ready to get it done!!! Maybe...just MAYBE, I'll get to cut it out and start putting it together!!!
Mar 20, 2010, 09:16 PM
....PieMaster....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Hodgehound
Seems like every time I get a chance to work on the cradle, something comes up to make me put it off!!! Grrrrrrr!!!!! I am ready to get it done!!! Maybe...just MAYBE, I'll get to cut it out and start putting it together!!!
Looks like it will work. I saw it today. even put one of my gliders on it to look it over....
Mar 20, 2010, 09:24 PM
End of an Era.....
K man U found it! Go ahead show the guys here your Butterfly I got up to 2864' today!!!

THE CRADLE IS 80% BUILT!!! Hope to finish it up in the next few days!!!
I'll post a couple pics tomorrow.....
Mar 20, 2010, 09:34 PM
End of an Era.....
Hey guys.....
What is an easy way to tell the incidence of the glider in relation to the carrier???
Mar 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
End of an Era.....
Had time to upload them......

Still need to brace it a lil and drill lightening holes, paint, and install release and adjustable incidence
Mar 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
Dean
Nice! Getting there..I like the FD30 hanging on the wall!
Mar 21, 2010, 03:25 PM
End of an Era.....
Alrighty boyz!!! Kadet Cradle is ready to sand and paint!!
Mar 22, 2010, 03:05 PM
End of an Era.....
Just about done!!
Mar 22, 2010, 03:19 PM
End of an Era.....
Ready to HAUL as soon as I hook up the release servo and mechanism! Oh Yeah, still gotta set up the radio and get a prop for the plane!!!
Mar 22, 2010, 07:38 PM
....PieMaster....
I hope it all works like planned...It will be my glider on. Perhaps we should try it with the little red on first. Then we can move on to the Gentle Lady or the Sophisticated Lady
Mar 22, 2010, 07:58 PM
End of an Era.....
Yup LIL RED will be first!
Mar 23, 2010, 12:12 PM

nice job

Like those lightening holes!. A little tubing slid over the edges where wings will contact the cradle wouldn't hurt. For both the glider and tug.
Incidence can be eyeballed or rest a couple of yard sticks on the bottom of the wings to show the angle. Nice job!
Mar 23, 2010, 02:27 PM
End of an Era.....
Thanks ozmo! Yeah I'm gonna put some padding on it, probably some thin weatherstripping just cause I have it lying around.

Quick Reply