Dec 03, 2009, 11:39 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
Thread OP

will post better build details as soon as time permits.

Ken, yes, I split the tail of fuse vertically & slid stab in place. I will show detailed pics and as Mike mentioned, will post build details. Getting towards end of week at work & things are speeding up so I probably wont be able to post any more details until the weekend.

Sorry for the wait folks. I'll get more details posted as soon I can.

Back to work.
TTFN
Jimmy
to remove ads between posts
Dec 03, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hey Springer/Jimmy,

Thanks a lot guys. I've got to head out to the doc now but when I get back I can
start cutting foam. Looking good!

Jimmy, quit apologizing for the wait. Just send us each a dozen of them fresh
donuts you keep talking about to help pass the time. LOL! Warm regards, Jim/aka
Donut Junkie
Dec 03, 2009, 12:38 PM
treefinder
Jimmy: you realize, now that templates are out, all us crazy foamie scratch builders will be adding our custom tweaks to the design. Wonder if anyone will "build to plans"?
Dec 03, 2009, 12:54 PM
My plans are in my blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Jimmy: you realize, now that templates are out, all us crazy foamie scratch builders will be adding our custom tweaks to the design. Wonder if anyone will "build to plans"?
I was thinking this too, about modifying the design a bit. Its fun to experiment with a known design that works, to see what we can do with it.
Thanks for the plans.
Dec 03, 2009, 12:57 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Mike,

Do you think you could post the Sketchup file for us that would like to do just that?

Ken
Dec 03, 2009, 01:15 PM
treefinder
Ha!! Yup, the dialup is running a bit faster than earlier. I can just see all the variants pouring out of the iron pflatprinter now!

I should note, as mentioned a couple of posts farther down, this file is SU v.7, and won't be loadable with v.6
Last edited by springer; Dec 03, 2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: noted Sketchup version
Dec 03, 2009, 01:28 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
I could not get the jbug.txt file to load in SU even after changing it to jbug.skp??
Dec 03, 2009, 01:44 PM
File worked fine for me. I right clicked and saved link as. Then change to a .skp file. I also have the newest Sketchup.
Dec 03, 2009, 02:00 PM
treefinder
Oops! I forgot to mention that the file is in Version 7 of Sketchup. Unfortunately a V. 6 program won't be able to load it. Sorry! was going to do it in 6, but when I clicked SU, I guess 7 came up.... Just checked and I don't have v6 on this computer, will have to do some file transfers of my own to see if I can back convert to v6.
Dec 03, 2009, 02:52 PM
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ - inverted!
OK, that is the problem. My computer at work is a V.6 BUT the one at home is a V.7 and that's where I really want it anyway. Thanks
Dec 03, 2009, 06:44 PM
Thread OP
Slow at work, got a sec to post...
Hmmm, yall got me thinking, just keeping the wing, tail feathers & change up the fuse profile for just about any taste.
1 thing I did do was give it a much longer tail moment from the original Mudbug to take away from pitch issues. Then just kept the H stab about lvl with the thrust line & with the big wing area & incidence up high off the fuse, that made for a real nice flyer. She rights herself quite well but with the oomph of the 10g & 2s will hold a bank quite well.

I love this stuff! Now I'm addicted to the thread.
I can't wait to get together pics & build log info. Should be able to this weekend. Wind is supposed to be low Sat am & no rain. Got my chair ready!
Where's my coffee cup...

Oh & Mike showed me how he made his noggin cam. Gonna try that too. Found out my old work camera takes vids.
Dec 03, 2009, 07:21 PM
Thread OP
Plans added to the first post. Thanks again Mike!
Dec 03, 2009, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
USAirnet shows 4 mph winds Sat morning & evening. Looks like my usual Friday night build time will be spent on a noggin cam. If my old work camera takes long enough video's & I get the noggin cam set up right, maybe I'll be able to post a vid this weekend.
Here's to hopin'!

TTFN
Jimmy
Dec 03, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hi Folks,

Well, ended up running all day and evening with no chance to cut foam. Then a
phonecall from my son that our first grand daughter will make her appearance about
0800 tomorrow morning. (C-section) "Hot diggity!" Then maybe tomorrow evening or Saturday
I can cut foam. But the problem is I only have Blue Wonders to power it with. Too
big for the 22 inch WS. Can anyone stretch it to 150% tiled for me? I assume that would
be about right for a BW motor. Or if someone can steer me to the software with which
I can enlarge it myself. Either way, I would be greatful. Warm regards, Jim
Last edited by Jim Hatch; Dec 03, 2009 at 11:02 PM.
Dec 03, 2009, 11:25 PM
treefinder
If you want to try up scaling yourself, send a pm to Segraves (Bill Segraves) He'll send you the info/files for Scale&Tile the best program for scaling and tiling foamy plans. Or, if you can wait til tomorrow, I may get back to the computer and do it and post.

Quick Reply