Dec 01, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hey Jimmy,

I concur on your beefier fuse for a blue wonder. I recently tried a similar fuse,
laminated from 3 layers of foam board from Dollar Tree using 3M77. I split the
center laminate and inserted a carbon fiber kite stick which went full length and
mounted the Blue Wonder on the end. It was relatively light for it's size and has
taken some serious abuse. Warm regards, Jim
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2009, 11:10 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
Thread OP
Really? Sounds pretty sweet. Any chance of some pics?
Sounds like you already have the bigger fuse thing figured out. I'd like to check it out if you don't mind showing it off.

Jimmy
Dec 01, 2009, 11:20 PM
Jimmy,

It was like this. The fuse was rigged with a cub wing and freehand tail feathers.
Had a bit of old timer look to it as well. Anywho, I'm flying it from the pasture to
the backyard, kinda squinting into the setting sun, no wind, big grin on how it's
handling, when I misjudged my planes proximity to the tree. If it wasn't so tall, I'd
be happy to send you some pics. Perhaps before the week is out, I can do another
fuse and take you some pics. It builds rather quickly and as I mentioned was quite
durable. LOL! Warm regards, Jim
Dec 01, 2009, 11:32 PM
video
Dec 02, 2009, 05:10 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Jimmy,
The picture of the part templates is enough to get started, and the other shots seem to show enough detail. How much dihedral have you got?

Mike,
You could import that shot into Sketchup and get most of it done. Scale until you get the ruler the right length. If you need or want help give me a shout. I think the wing is the hardest part in Sketchup.

Ken
Dec 02, 2009, 06:17 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
Thread OP
Ken, not sure on the dihedral. It was just TLAR. I will measure it tonight. I'll measure the doublers also & get that info posted & over to Mike.

I'll post a bit more build info too.

Mike...probably won't be able to stop by Thur night. There is quite a list of to do's going on that need to be tended. Will feel bad bailing on the wife as we kinda already had things in motion. I will still try though.

Scratch that, just talked to the wife. Tonight is good. I'll send you a pm.
She read my thread last night & thought it was cool about peeps being interested in the J-Bug.
Thur will be bad as I will work late that night at the dealer & then over there. I wouldn't get home till really late.

I'm off. Time to make the doughnuts
TTFN
Jimmy
Dec 02, 2009, 06:42 AM
jclassic1
Hi Jimmy,
just got back online after the move and was very pleased to see that you are now designing your own planes.I have to say it,s a cracking looking foamy and will put one together just as soon as you post some plans.I have not done any flying for a few months now but hope to get out in the near future.Good luck with this plane ,I think it,s going to be very popular and I look forward to your next own design.

All the best

John
Dec 02, 2009, 07:28 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Ken, not sure on the dihedral. It was just TLAR. I will measure it tonight. I'll measure the doublers also & get that info posted & over to Mike.

I'll post a bit more build info too.

I'm off. Time to make the doughnuts
TTFN
Jimmy
Jimmy,
Please add landing gear height and width.

I would like to build one also!

Thanks,
Ken
Dec 02, 2009, 12:30 PM
My plans are in my blog
Wow, this is nice. A bit of old school with elegance. I'm loving the looks of this sweetheart. Thanks for sharing.
Dec 02, 2009, 12:53 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
I'll bet this would be a SUPER indoor plane ... just in time for the season ... !!!! Great Job JJ !!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Dec 02, 2009, 01:33 PM
flyin' fool
You've now discovered one of the most rewarding and exciting aspects of the hobby......seeing your own creations fly, and a very nice design at that.

Congrats. Don't stop with this one, keep em' coming.
Dec 02, 2009, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
I'll bet this would be a SUPER indoor plane ... just in time for the season ... !!!! Great Job JJ !!!
GREAT IDEA ! I want to try to micro this design. maybe 6-7 inch wingspan.
Either 6mm Depron for the fuse or all 3mm depron with carbon rods.
take the guts from a small air hog like the cyclone!
Dec 02, 2009, 02:24 PM
Certified Codger
Great job, Jimmy! This one looks like it should fit right into my tight flying environment along with the BYOB.

Thanks
John
Dec 02, 2009, 03:04 PM
treefinder
Ken: D'oh, why didn't i think of that? just saved the pic, so when Jim comes by, he can do an approval, vs. a development (perhaps!).
Dec 02, 2009, 04:09 PM
A really nice design. Looks good and sounds like it flys just right for some lazy frontyard stick time. Good job!

Bob

Quick Reply