Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by plasticjoe, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by plasticjoe
Trader Rating: 28
Wanted

Muffler for OS .46 FX

looking for a muffler for this motor... anyone have one layin around ?
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2009, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by tony0707
Trader Rating: 0
the omega man
Tower has an expansion chamber for it 15.00 plus 4.99 s&h--if it fits a 46 sf it will fit the 46 fx-- and the asp 46-52 ---- evolution 46 -52- ec will kick up the rpms over the stock muff for better power and performance- run it on an apc 11/5 or 12/4
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by plasticjoe
Trader Rating: 28
expansion chamber ? is it under the muffler section ?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by rodneygt
Trader Rating: 9
Registered User Wannabe
The tower muffler is good and will work on the fx. It'll give you a little extra power too. The long screw that holds it together may or may not last - mine didn't.

If you don't go that route, I have a fx muffler that has a couple of broken fins and no baffle that I'll sell you for say $12 shipped conus. It works fine. I also have an almost new fx muffler that I will think about selling. If I decide to sell it, you can have it for $22 conus. If interested in it, let me know. It's on a plane but I can swap it out. I just need to decide if I want to.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:13 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticjoe View Post
expansion chamber ? is it under the muffler section ?
This is the tower muffler. It's currently out of stock. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJB16&P=7
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:14 PM
Registered User Wannabe
Oh, and this muffler appears to be the same and is in stock...but not sure: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMMV7&P=7

Same dimensions and says it fits, just a different stock number.
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:16 AM
Find More Posts by Glow-Scholar - krosypal
Trader Rating: 6
Suspended Account
If you want stock, I have one, same price as the Tower muffler. I always throw a Tower muffler on my OS engines and I've got a pile of OS mufflers doing little good around here. The baffle is intact, but you can remove it like many do.