Nov 30, 2009, 12:20 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

1/6 Scale Camaro shell

I have a shell of the 2006 jada camaro, it was a promotional car from DrPepper. I would like to make it a working car. Does anyone know if there are after market parts that would fit this huge 1/6 scale car, without me going to a hobby store and looking like a total douch. It has nothing on the chasis, its basically chasis, and wheels, and the gear box is hollow. Any help on size of electronics, gear box, motor etc. would be appreciated
to remove ads between posts
Nov 30, 2009, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deegs21
I have a shell of the 2006 jada camaro, it was a promotional car from DrPepper. I would like to make it a working car. Does anyone know if there are after market parts that would fit this huge 1/6 scale car, without me going to a hobby store and looking like a total douch. It has nothing on the chassis, its basically chassis, and wheels, and the gear box is hollow. Any help on size of electronics, gear box, motor etc. would be appreciated
you may want to look at 1/8th or 1/5th scale on road cars on line and see wat looks similar in trans or just take the body off the promo car and put it on a top rate chassis. If you are on a budget
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...-Gas-On/Detail
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...-Onroad/Detail
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...asoline/Detail
No Motor
http://www.engagerc.com/servlet/the-...-%2C2WD/Detail
And the parts are in the states as of next week.
Dec 06, 2009, 06:51 PM
RCAPA #005
Without looking like a what??
Dec 06, 2009, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
A douch(e) as in douche bag, moron, idiot, not up to speed in the rc world since i was a kid, about 25 yrs ago. (what are you an english professor?)
its a low budget "toy" car that was made by jada as a working rc, all i need to know is what components can i use to make it a working car. Yes I am on a budget. Not looking to race or spend a larg amount of $$.
Dec 07, 2009, 04:20 PM
RCAPA #005
Not really appropriate for a site frequented by kids...
Dec 07, 2009, 08:35 PM
Thread OP
u shouldn't have asked.
Dec 07, 2009, 09:40 PM
RCAPA #005
You shouldn't have posted it is more the way I look at it.
Dec 08, 2009, 03:04 AM
bashing on vancouver island
at my local radio shack they have big 1/6 scale nascars on sale for 100$ canadian. im pretty sure they run on a 12 volt battery. at that price i even contemplating buying one to convert to hobby gear. that camaro shell would look nice on the nascars chassis.
Dec 09, 2009, 01:30 AM
Thread OP
MGBGTRacer, just leave it alone already will ya? Move on, go argue with someone else please. Get off your high horse, and move on.
Dec 09, 2009, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
veggieslinger, thanks for the info.

I am not up on RC terms, so let me rephrase my original question. I have a 1/6 Camaro AND chasis with wheels tires and some cheap suspension, hollow gear box, non-functional rear axels, I guess what I need are the electronic components and drive train including motor. I guess my question is what size/type can I use without spending more than what a new car would cost?
Dec 09, 2009, 06:29 AM
your gonna spend money on a car that size its going to cost alot more than what you originally paid ! I would do what others have suggested and get a proper Rc dedicated chassis it will work out cheaper in the long run. If you try upgrading the existing gear with RC spec motor & g-box you'll start breakin the existing suspension & components.

Cheers and luck
P.s the new Camaro's R wicked
Dec 09, 2009, 11:45 PM
Thread OP
THX HeavyCruser9
Dec 11, 2009, 01:46 AM
bashing on vancouver island
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-1-6-SCALE-R...item2a03355620

this is the radio shack one. for 100$ you could fit your shell on and be good to go. i think thats the cheepest way to put your shell to use. it is digital proportional which is a must, and 20mph is an acceptable speed.
Dec 11, 2009, 12:02 PM
There have been several stores selling 1/4 scale F1 cars the last few years. You would have to check the dimensions, but a 1/4 scale F1 might be about the right size for a 1/6 scale Camaro.

MGBGTRacer, there's no need to call him out on his choice of words. I used to disapprove of lots of things that I saw posted on a forum. The way I look at it is that they'd hear a lot worse on a trip to WalMart, and they probably use the word in daily conversation themselves. It's not a big deal. If somebody starts dropping a B-52 full of F-bombs or sexual inuendos, that's a a problem. Relax, what he posted is not that big of a deal.
Dec 22, 2009, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
Thank you.

Quick Reply