Plans for the Mud Duck are available here;

http://www.mudduckaviation.com/zen/
Nov 29, 2009, 02:53 PM
Thread OP
thanks man but i was looking fro free plans
any idea
Nov 29, 2009, 03:42 PM

There's areason for that...

The reason that there are not free plans is that Mud Duck Aviation owns the design. For someone to give you a free plan would run to something called COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. The plans you will find here are created from folks imaginations, or to be similar to something that used to be available commercially, but nor to take someone's current product and give it away for free.

The plans run from $20 to $35 and you can design your foamy from them. (with no copyright problems because you built them from the plans.)
Nov 29, 2009, 06:50 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Mudduck aviation does not appear to sell the orginal Mud Duck plans. Anyone know of anywhere to get them?

Jim
Nov 29, 2009, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm
Mudduck aviation does not appear to sell the orginal Mud Duck plans. Anyone know of anywhere to get them?

Jim
What makes you say that? I bought a set of plans from them and they sure seem "original" to me.
Nov 29, 2009, 08:37 PM
The originals were built up, not foam board.
Nov 29, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'd like to get a set of those. That away I could have all the Mud Ducks. Mud Duck Aviation has an actual store attached to the website. If you are having trouble accessing it you can always pm Greg here at RCGroups.
Nov 30, 2009, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt
The plan set I got said nothing about foam board or any other construction material. The included instruction book describes the use of foam board. I built mine out of Coroplast. Buy a set of plans and you can build it out of whatever you want.
Nov 30, 2009, 06:57 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBolt
Tbolt is correct. The orginal was built up of balsa and ply. It appeared in one of the mags as a plans built project around the mid 1980s. I still have my original Mud Duck that I built back then. Someday I was thinking of converting it to e-flight but if I can find the plans I'll build another.

Jim
Nov 30, 2009, 08:53 AM

the org. mud duck

if you look at my blog you see my org. mud duck i got my plans from ama
Nov 30, 2009, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm

Jim
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support.

Jim,

The original Mud Duck (built up version) was published in Model Aviation and the plans and corresponding construction article are still available through thier plans service at: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/p...fs/m-plans.pdf Plan number: 00714... (the list is alphabetical so you will have to scroll almost to the bottom of this page). Their price is $21 plus shipping.

I do not sell this plan as the copyright belongs to Model Aviation. I may, in the future make a Retro Duck that will be similar, although larger, and built up. My current designs (foamboard versions) will also be available as built up in the future.

Greg
Last edited by MudDuckAviation; Nov 30, 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added image
Nov 30, 2009, 06:25 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
HI Greg,
Great, thanks for the info.
Jim
Nov 30, 2009, 11:21 PM
Channelmast. That is.......awesome! Whats the wingspan? I know its smaller, but I don't remember.

Quick Reply