Thread Tools
Jun 29, 2012, 11:07 AM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Gave my xeno a short maiden flight today. I obviously set it up ok....it flies fast! took 0 trim, launched power off, glided for a bit, and then hit the power. Can you say rocketship??
Anyway, all went well, and it flies great!
I might have hit 100mph, I crossed the absolutely huge parking lot at the local YMCA in about 2 seconds.

At slower speed it wobbles a bit for sure, what's the easiest fix for that?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2012, 01:52 PM
The desert collection
jpgcag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
Gave my xeno a short maiden flight today. I obviously set it up ok....it flies fast! took 0 trim, launched power off, glided for a bit, and then hit the power. Can you say rocketship??
Anyway, all went well, and it flies great!
I might have hit 100mph, I crossed the absolutely huge parking lot at the local YMCA in about 2 seconds.

At slower speed it wobbles a bit for sure, what's the easiest fix for that?
Congrats on your successful maiden. The low speed wobble fix done by several is to increase the size of the winglets. I haven't done it myself, as I fly faster so the wobble is minimized, but its still there.

Jack
Jun 30, 2012, 02:54 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
yeah, the wobble is only there when on landing approach. not a big deal to me, if it drops a wing I can just power out of it
Jul 01, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
hobie14's Avatar
I hope someone has the guts to cut the tips off the wing and put some vertical tips in see if it would stop the wobble ....... maybe also remove the existing fins ? ......

I hate wobbles ! .......
Jul 01, 2012, 05:38 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
flew again today.
not 100.....88.7 mph according to a rc doppler app on my phone.
Not half bad. With a prop change I could probably do 100 if I really wanted to, but with this plane I think I'm just going to fly it like a glider with an occasional high speed pass.
Jul 01, 2012, 06:25 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
Doubletap's Avatar
hobby People has been trying to liquidate their stock of Xenos since their Warehouse clearance sale, but can't get rid of them, so they had a 1 day sale for the "leftover" stock including lots of Xeno kits, the leftover sale has been extended, they are going for $50, so if anyone actually wants one, for $50:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...plane-kit.html
Jul 01, 2012, 06:28 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
hobby People has been trying to liquidate their stock of Xenos since their Warehouse clearance sale, but can't get rid of them, so they had a 1 day sale for the "leftover" stock including lots of Xeno kits, the leftover sale has been extended, they are going for $50, so if anyone actually wants one, for $50:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...plane-kit.html
If I had $50 in paypal I'd grab a second one now...grrr
Jul 21, 2012, 01:45 AM
Spearheading an Alliance
BravoGolf's Avatar

what motor


Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
Ok, mine now has a 480 size motor in it, pulling 290 watts or so on a full 3s Should be lots of fun!
Sorry, I'm not clear, what 480 motor did you end up going with and from who? Did it drop right in. I'm looking for a more affordable motor than the himax and need it to drop right in and bolt on without messing around.

Thanks,

BG

Anyone else have suggestions for a replacement motor with sames specs and hole pattern?
Last edited by BravoGolf; Jul 21, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Jul 21, 2012, 03:09 AM
Registered User

My Xeno does not wobble any more ! Turbulator helps ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesslag
Gave my xeno a short maiden flight today. I obviously set it up ok....it flies fast! took 0 trim, launched power off, glided for a bit, and then hit the power. Can you say rocketship??
Anyway, all went well, and it flies great!
I might have hit 100mph, I crossed the absolutely huge parking lot at the local YMCA in about 2 seconds.

At slower speed it wobbles a bit for sure, what's the easiest fix for that?
On its maiden flight, my Xeno wobbled big time, but on third approach for landing I hit a tree. The leading edge in front of the left rudder was a bit dinged up. On all of the subsequent flights the Xeno does not wobble at all !

It seems like a bit of turbulence gereration in front of a fin is enough to make the fin more effective and she will not go into the oscilating yaw

My suggestion is to apply some crinkled masking tape close to the leading edge in front of each fin to cause some turbulence

Turbulators are moulded into the underside of the MPX Cularis wings to increase the effectiveness of the ailerons
Jul 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf
Sorry, I'm not clear, what 480 motor did you end up going with and from who? Did it drop right in. I'm looking for a more affordable motor than the himax and need it to drop right in and bolt on without messing around.

Thanks,

BG

Anyone else have suggestions for a replacement motor with sames specs and hole pattern?
I ended up going with this:
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...h-11%29/Detail

I needed to drill two new mounting holes, and do some fancy work with a screwdriver to get the bottom one in, but in the end it all works really well. maybe if you went with their 450 it would fit in the existing holes.
Jul 23, 2012, 02:26 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoGolf
Sorry, I'm not clear, what 480 motor did you end up going with and from who? Did it drop right in. I'm looking for a more affordable motor than the himax and need it to drop right in and bolt on without messing around.

Thanks,

BG

Anyone else have suggestions for a replacement motor with sames specs and hole pattern?
This is a very affordable and good replacement for the tuning version of the himax motor: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=19036 very easy to adapt to the xeno, as it has got a 4mm shaft
Aug 02, 2012, 05:40 PM
Registered User

xeno build


when installing the bearing ,does it press into the end plastic piece
on the power system?????
Aug 02, 2012, 05:48 PM
ShopCzar
Endlesslag's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky210
when installing the bearing ,does it press into the end plastic piece
on the power system?????
Yep. It's fairly hard to get in there though. I ended up using a block of wood and a punch and a hammer to get it in.
Aug 02, 2012, 09:44 PM
Registered User
Hopefully I'm not late to the party..

Here is my handy work on my FPV Xeno..

There are many like it, this one is mine

Whats that.. bump?!

Where did the ESC go.. ?

Oh it is all routed to the inside of the shaft housing ;-)

Modified canopy to flush-fit the wires and give me maximum battery space (up to 2300mah)

GoPro screw+nut into the canopy + glued

Video: http://youtu.be/I-UWgtfeJ7E?hd=1
Last edited by ZSimon; Aug 03, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Aug 03, 2012, 05:25 AM
Registered User
thanks for the info Endlesslag
one last question what with the two rubber bands i recieved with the power kit ????


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Multiplex Xeno checkup Flying Wings 129 Apr 10, 2010 08:47 AM
Yippee! New Multiplex Models 2009: MERLIN and XENO Doubletap Slope 12 Feb 26, 2010 10:31 PM
Discussion XENO, New to Multiplex??? sparkie624 Hitec/Multiplex USA 4 May 27, 2009 06:16 PM
Discussion Multiplex Xeno as FPV JakAck FPV Talk 7 Mar 09, 2009 06:40 PM
New Product Multiplex Xeno soundcheque Flying Wings 2 Mar 03, 2009 09:25 PM