Dec 01, 2009, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kepople
What I would really like to do is set it up with a Really light power system. ...
A really light power system makes sense, provided you have a light airframe like the Twin-Jet or the FunJet, but the Xeno is big and heavy, i.e. I will rather opt for the heavier Tuning drive set. It weighs only approx. 40g more than the Standard Set.

Jürgen
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2009, 05:59 PM
jurgen do you have any guess who the oem is for the multiplex esc?
I have a personal preference for either castle creations or kontronic and there is a chance the multiplex ones might be made by them.
ALso hoelein shows out of stock so they probbaly already went trought there first batch
Cost wise i am looking at the folowing
kit 56, drive set 130 servo 58, transport bag 25 that ends up to be about 268 ex shiping.
Cost cutting could be done with a cheaper motor esc and servo's but even then 220 would be a realistic price.

intersting for me but now i wait to see a few reviews to see if its as good as i expect from mpx
Dec 01, 2009, 06:53 PM
there are not cheap Turnigy alternatives for power ?
Dec 01, 2009, 07:23 PM
yea but that be only the motor
You still need the mounting system that is designed for this plane and that by itself is still 70 euro
Dec 01, 2009, 07:29 PM
then i give a kick to multiplex. shame those prices,
Dec 02, 2009, 02:33 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmulder
jurgen do you have any guess who the oem is for the multiplex esc?
I have a personal preference for either castle creations or kontronic and there is a chance the multiplex ones might be made by them.
ALso hoelein shows out of stock so they probbaly already went trought there first batch
Cost wise i am looking at the folowing
kit 56, drive set 130 servo 58, transport bag 25 that ends up to be about 268 ex shiping.
AFAIK the older ESC's from Multiplex (BL-17, BL-27 and BL-37) were made by Castle Creations. I don't know were the new ones are from.

The the drive set appears rather expensive, but when you look at the individual components, it is quite a realistic figure:

Tuning drive set - List price: €149.90

The drive set includes a 30A ESC with switching BEC - List price: €64.90
and a Himax BL motor listed at €51.90, i.e. the rest is "only" €33.10 when you buy the set.

Robbe's Sport Wing doesn't come cheap either: The kit is listed at €94.90 and the power set is listed at €89.- (for a much smaller motor and ESC). It looks like Multiplex is making little money on the actual kit and the profit comes through selling a clever drive system for it.

Once initial demand is covered, perhaps there is a chance that they will offer a drive system set without ESC/ motor?

Jürgen
Dec 02, 2009, 03:07 AM
iCharger 106B user
i think no way. They need profit
Dec 02, 2009, 02:48 PM
Looks like fun to me, easy to take on a trip !! Thank you,
Joe Pierson
Kerman Ca.
USA
Dec 03, 2009, 02:20 AM
I think I found the best potential of this wing !
Due to its strong resemblance, it can be used as a start for a Mars Ares Eagle clone
Thinking even to use the removable fin system as a boom tail mount
Dec 03, 2009, 04:12 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
I think I found the best potential of this wing !
Due to its strong resemblance, it can be used as a start for a Mars Ares Eagle clone
Thinking even to use the removable fin system as a boom tail mount
Looks like the Xeno is the better design. It does not need "tailfeathers" and has a drive system installed.

Jürgen
Dec 03, 2009, 04:17 AM
Hey, but lacks the "bling" factor !
Dec 03, 2009, 04:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RENATOA
Hey, but lacks the "bling" factor !
Bling factor? In my opinion even the 30 years old HIMAT had more bling than the Mars Ares Eagle:

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/i...MAT_flight.jpg

or the Edgley Optica:

http://planetagadget.com/wp-content/...-7-Optica-.jpg

Jürgen
Dec 03, 2009, 06:17 PM
still trying to get it right
Hi, my xeno has arrived!!! it was ordered in June and I will collect from my local dealer(Belgium) in the morning, also it is with the tuning power set so if the rain stops I will hopefully get it in the air at the weekend and report back
Dec 03, 2009, 06:38 PM
iCharger 106B user
video and photos, please
Dec 05, 2009, 11:34 AM
yea second the vid ect request

Quick Reply