Nov 25, 2009, 12:53 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Great customer service here....

Just wanted to share with you that I had a problem with my Helimax Novus FP and after looking around for parts, found WOW hobbies to be a supplier of Walkera heli's in Calif. I needed a part for my model which I ordered and, unfortunately received a bad one out of the box. WOW, while admittedly being a smaller company than the hobby giants, worked in good spirit to get me a working replacement and now I'm back in the air and will return for future heli needs from them. I suggest you look into them as well. Great prices and shipping is super quick every time. Any one else feel the same about these guys? Let's hear it.....
to remove ads between posts
Nov 25, 2009, 03:51 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Good to hear about a good supplier. All these anonymous internet resellers are suspect until somebody says something good about them.
Nov 25, 2009, 04:15 PM
I have had nothing but great service from wowhobbies. They are great and they have some of the fastest shipping of all. I just like how fast they get your order out there door. I wish some of the other vendors would get your order out as fast as wow does and then maybe more people would use them too. I am a believer that if i order today than i want my order to leave the store today. I can understand it not leaving the store the same day if i place the order after say 3pm but if the order is placed early enough than it should go out the same day. And that is how wow operates. A+ on service.
Nov 25, 2009, 04:40 PM
raz
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
Thanks for sharing that with us. I love hearing when a company does more than they have to for their customers.
Nov 25, 2009, 06:49 PM
Closed Account
Wow is loved by several here but C'mon guys. Dont you suspect the "one" post praise just a little? Its very well known that WOW has several shill accounts here on RCG. Its most likely them posting this so I wouldnt get too warm and fuzzy about this post just yet.
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 25, 2009 at 08:59 PM.
Nov 25, 2009, 08:21 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
I dunno. I 'suspected' xheli from negative posts, but I bought something from them and had absolutely no problem. It was exactly as advertised and arrived exactly on schedule.

Not to diminish the claims of those who reported unresolved issues with xheli or their clone sites. The fact that they have clones makes me suspicious right there.

If you think you can't believe anything you see on the internet, you're more likely to be be right than wrong.
Nov 25, 2009, 08:56 PM
Closed Account
It could be legit but think about it. How many people buy a heli and the first thought that comes to mind is "I think I'll go join a RC site and talk about it" Its just not a natural first post.
All the Chinese vendors use shills. It must be the first chapter in Chinese business Marketing 101 class. The last line does it for me because even if it were someones legit first post, how many would essentially invite all others to "join me in talking about how great this vendor is" in the post.
Jonathan has been around for a while and from what I hear is pretty cool and has a good following. I dont think he really needs inside cheerleaders but it is time for the Holiday selling, so more power to him and I hope all the small business hobby shops that support us do well this season.
Nov 25, 2009, 10:55 PM
Newb Rotary Pilot
Maybe the post is a "shill" but since it is out there I will put in my 2 cents. Have been ordering from them for about 8 months now prolly placed maybe 10 orders. Their shipping is SUPER fast same day if not next day and I had an issue where I thought I got a bumm motor and they replaced it no questions asked.

I will definitely be ordering more from WoW.
Nov 25, 2009, 11:08 PM
dze
dze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Wow is loved by several here but C'mon guys. Dont you suspect the "one" post praise just a little? Its very well known that WOW has several shill accounts here on RCG. Its most likely them posting this so I wouldnt get too warm and fuzzy about this post just yet.
all i can say from my experience with them is IF you know what you want exactly and you order it you will get it as quick as with most other suppliers ... but in my opinion they have classicly misrepresented some of their products .. in other word 'X' product is so wonderful and is the perfect solution but yet when you get it its hard or impossible to set up without another product or just plain doesnt have the performance that appeared to be a sure thing.
Nov 26, 2009, 12:16 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
Without prejudice to any one reseller, ALL online blurbs are copy/paste from the Chinglesh that the original vendor supplies. It's readily evident if you know proper English construction to start with.
Nov 26, 2009, 03:36 AM
Deleted...lol
Nov 26, 2009, 11:46 AM
This thread is not sensored- Wow Hobbies welcomes any opinions and is open to suggestions. Since there could be other vendors putting comments here, you will to make a judgement call on what you read. Wow Hobbies tries its best to satisfy its customers but obviously we can't make everybody happy. In the past we have experience very few false DOA claims. These are from the few who have crashed their copters and tried to claim DOA. We have documented each false DOA claim with photos and will be happy to post them if necessary. Unfortunately, due to the very low margin on selling Walkera products we may not have time to reply to this thread as often as we like. Please bare with us when there are delays. Finally, the fact that we allow this thread to be open and unsensored should give you the confidence that we are trying our best.

WowHobbies.com
Last edited by jonathan9113; Nov 26, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Nov 26, 2009, 12:14 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan9113
This thread is not sensored and Wow Hobbies welcomes any opinions and is open to suggestions. Since there could be other vendors putting comments here, you will to make a judgement call on what you read. Wow Hobbies tries its best to satisfy its customers but obviously we can't make everybody happy. In the past we have experience very few false DOA clamis. These are from the few who crashes their copters and tried to claim DOA. We have documented each false DOA claim with photos and will be happy to post them when necessary. Unfortunately due to the very low margin on selling Walkera products, we may not have time to reply to this thread as often as we like, so please bare with us. Finally, the fact that we allow this thread to be open and unsensored should give you the confidence that we are trying our best.
WowHobbies.com
Thanks Jonathan. You may not always have full control of this, but my only advice for ANY online seller is dont allow insider "shilling" on your companies behalf. Its just me, but I really enjoy my hobbies and the company of those that enjoy it too, and I like to feel that I can trust online sellers that I do business with as fellow hobby friends. If they are obviously being sneaky in an effort to lure me to them, then in my mind they are already lying to me. I would rather a vendor just come out and tell me "hey look at this cool thing we are going to be selling or service we provide" than to pretend to be happy customers of their own shops. I do understand the issue of false bad product claims. Its the nature of doing business with the public unfortunately and hurts those with legit issues when the vendor gets burned so many times and becomes suspicious of everyone.
Happy flying Jonathan and I hope all you little guys out there take everyones Christmas money this year
Last edited by Xrayted; Nov 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM.
Nov 26, 2009, 12:24 PM
Holy Roller
All I can say is that I've spent way more money than I care to admit with Wow Hobbies. Each and every order was processed quickly, shipped efficiently and arrived exactly when it was supposed to. I've not received any DOA birds, and I've not received one incorrect or broken part.

I've been waiting for something to go wrong with an order just so I could see how Wow's customer service would handle it. The fact is that it just hasn't happened yet. Note to WOW: Please don't screw up my latest order just so you can show me how well you'll handle the mistake, LOL! Just kidding guys, keep up the good work!
Nov 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
Thanks Jonathan. You may not always have full control of this, but my only advice for ANY online seller is dont allow insider "shilling" on your companies behalf. Its just me, but I really enjoy my hobbies and the company of those that enjoy it too, and I like to feel that I can trust online sellers that I do business with as fellow hobby friends. If they are obviously being sneaky in an effort to lure me to them, then in my mind they are already lying to me. I would rather a vendor just come out and tell me "hey look at this cool thing we are going to be selling or service we provide" than to pretend to be happy customers of their own shops. I do understand the issue of false bad product claims. Its the nature of doing business with the public unfortunately and hurts those with legit issues when the vendor gets burned so many times and becomes suspicious of everyone.
Happy flying Jonathan and I hope all you little guys out there take everyones Christmas money this year
You can easily identify the "shilling" by looking at the posting history and the number of posts. There is no "shilling" here, the 1st one is somebody new to Walkera and bought a Novus with 1 post, the other ones got multiple postings and history. I can assure you with so many happy customers we don't need any inside cheerleaders. "Shilling" has been a common practice online and I can see that people get suspicious when they see all positive comments, wait till you hear about the people who had falsely claimed DOA starts posting here and you will know what I mean.

Cheers,

WowHobbies.com
Last edited by jonathan9113; Nov 26, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply