New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Feb 20, 2012, 04:36 PM
mentony32 is offline
Find More Posts by mentony32
Registered User
mentony32's Avatar
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn View Post
Hi Tony, do you mean the beast of AAAArrrrrrggggghhhh?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar

5.8 channel selection


Hi everyone, I have a sky-rf (foxtech etc) 5.8GHz tx/rx, im wondering what 5.8GHz channels are good to use in Australia? Both legalities (not so much) and interference/strength
How do I figure out best channel, just range testing on ground? I am getting a set of circularly polarized antennas made and tuned, so need to specify what frequency. I have done my research on a fair bit of FPV stuff, just not the channel selection
Old Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
cody069 is offline
Find More Posts by cody069
Registered User
cody069's Avatar
I found it didn't make much differance to the channel I used.

Prob be best to check them where you intend to fly...As soon as you use mode than 10mw it isn't legal anyway
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069 View Post
I found it didn't make much differance to the channel I used.

Prob be best to check them where you intend to fly...As soon as you use mode than 10mw it isn't legal anyway
Haha yea fair enough, so you wouldn't say the lower frequency channels are stronger then the higher ones? I have heard that somewhere a while ago, but can't find the information about why again lol
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
chancesAU is offline
Find More Posts by chancesAU
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Haha yea fair enough, so you wouldn't say the lower frequency channels are stronger then the higher ones? I have heard that somewhere a while ago, but can't find the information about why again lol
Depends on the age of the TX, apparently the lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw have more range than the 900mhz 500mw due to the hardware being newer??

Check out the ACMA website and just make sure your not transmitting on something which is in use... theres a location on the website where you can enter your postcode & freq range and it will tell you what is in use in your area.

OR you can do what most people do and just fly
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Depends on the age of the TX, apparently the lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw have more range than the 900mhz 500mw due to the hardware being newer??

Check out the ACMA website and just make sure your not transmitting on something which is in use... theres a location on the website where you can enter your postcode & freq range and it will tell you what is in use in your area.

OR you can do what most people do and just fly
Very useful, thanks. Link: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/as...e.range_lookup

I am finding best channel, as I am getting a tunes set of antennas, so I need them tuned to what channel (or neighbouring channel) I am going to use. In my area, there is nothing below 5.94GHz
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:36 PM
chancesAU is offline
Find More Posts by chancesAU
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Very useful, thanks. Link: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/as...e.range_lookup

I am finding best channel, as I am getting a tunes set of antennas, so I need them tuned to what channel (or neighbouring channel) I am going to use. In my area, there is nothing below 5.94GHz
That's the one!
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
sammyc is offline
Find More Posts by sammyc
I need a bigger shed..
sammyc's Avatar
Ought to get it stickied somewhere, start of thread, a lot of people may find it helpful?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Aus is offline
Aus
Find More Posts by Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Aus's Avatar
Here's an article from the ABC that some may find an interesting read:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-2...site=newcastle
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
Teamsherman is offline
Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Member #1
Teamsherman's Avatar
Got a new FPV plane today! It's a bixler, which I'll set up for short range fun flying in the smaller parks. Got that and a turnigy 9X along with a 25amp plush esc all for $100 express posted! Not bad huh?
Old Feb 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
PMRfly is offline
Find More Posts by PMRfly
Suspended Account
giddy up!! more planes the better...

got my "Off the Edge" 60 inch FPV delta wing yesterday. oooohhh baby, this thing looks sooo cool.

build has started..
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
OzparkPilot is offline
Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Ok New FPV has arrived

My new setup will be:

Skysurfer EPO -
IMRC 600 Mah VTX with BlueBeams x 2
Fatshark Preds
upgraded to a very nice little Camera RMRC - 600XVP
RMRC Pan and Tilt pod kid
Eagle Tree OSD Pro

Should be a solid Long distance set up. I ordered everything from ReadyMadeRC and they were great to deal with.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:26 PM
helichoper is offline
Find More Posts by helichoper
Registered User
helichoper's Avatar
Nice new planes i love new planes - now get some pictures up of those new baby's
Old Feb 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Boxhead is offline
Find More Posts by Boxhead
Look outside the Square
Boxhead's Avatar
Must be new stuff all round. I got my Foxtech goggles yesterday and its all thumbs up. I flew this morning on 5.8g with a Battery strapped to the head strap like yours Pete no wires going from the goggles to my ground station VRX. The goggles being the ground station ( in built VRX in the goggles) and flew in the perimeters of the park and it was great. No drop outs. Dont know how far ( distance wise ) I might get with the goggles being the Ground Station and 200mw VTX in the plane but I'm happy. good for close in flying.

Good to see smiles all round

Bx
Old Feb 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
muduck is offline
Find More Posts by muduck
Registered User
muduck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
Got a new FPV plane today! It's a bixler, which I'll set up for short range fun flying in the smaller parks. Got that and a turnigy 9X along with a 25amp plush esc all for $100 express posted! Not bad huh?
Looking at that one myself, but waiting for HK to have them in Aussie stock....need something zippy, it's tireing being a Bomber pilot on the Skywalker..wanna be a fighter pilot for a change


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11331 Nov 21, 2016 11:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 169 Sep 05, 2016 11:47 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM