Thread Tools
Feb 02, 2010, 04:40 AM
SSM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
SSM's Avatar
Scott,

IMHO, you can't look past the 9c (I have the 9CHP).

I shouldn't show you this but I will.

Simon
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 02, 2010, 05:01 AM
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM
Scott,

IMHO, you can't look past the 9c (I have the 9CHP).

I shouldn't show you this but I will.

Simon
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
Thanks!
I'll have to check it out, the only thing is I'm one of those mode 2 guy's!

Cheers

Scott
Feb 02, 2010, 05:18 AM
SSM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
SSM's Avatar


Can't you swap these between mode 1 and mode 2 fairly easily?

Because I started out on 1 (and later 2) channel converted free-flighters, I fly mode 1 [at least I think I do - elevator on left stick (+ rudder), ailerons (+ throttle) on the right stick ??].

Simon
Feb 02, 2010, 05:23 AM
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
yea that's right, (I think on some you can!)
I'm throttle/rudder on the left and aileron/elevator on the right! (I think)
Feb 02, 2010, 06:11 AM
The Flying Circus
ommadawn's Avatar
I bought the 9C specifically for H/T, but after trying it, I think HT is overrated.
The 9C is an excellent radio, it is infinitely configurable and will do whatever you want.
I guess if you really want HT, its the way to go but its a feature I hardly use.
I have had 2 track R2s and now have a Flytron HT.
Feb 02, 2010, 06:15 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
The 9CAP seems to be the weapon of choice - you just need to find one!!

EDIT - Hmm should have read the last few posts!! FOUND ONE!! hehehehe
Feb 02, 2010, 06:19 AM
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
The 9CAP seems to be the weapon of choice - you just need to find one!!
Yea it's the finding part that will be fun!
Feb 02, 2010, 05:39 PM
SSM
SSM
Voluntary Assumption of Risk
SSM's Avatar
Hmmm .... I wonder whose question that is on the ebay listing, about whether the 9CAP for sale is mode1 or mode 2 ... some wiley CAT maybe??

Simon
Feb 02, 2010, 08:10 PM
A few Models is not enough Hon
GadgetEric's Avatar
Hi Guys
Bit of info on the 9C and mode changes. I have 3 of these and they are exellent radios. I just bought a 10c as well because it was cheap and the following info on mode changes goes for them as well. As yet I have not been able to fly one out of range using the PCM Dual Conversion receivers. I also have a Spectrum module in one and that is exellent too.

In the menu you can change the mode 1,2,3, or 4 the menu item is called stick mode. You also remove the back cover and take the throttle ratchet off and put it on the other stick and just one spring and arm on the gimble swap from one gimble to the other very easy and only takes 10minutes I have even done them at the field so I can fly mode 1 and have a student on mode 2 or 3 or 4. The manual discribes this as well so it is a accepted user mod not a tec job.

Hope this helps all you guys who have never had the pleasure of using one of these great radios
Feb 02, 2010, 10:54 PM
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM
Hmmm .... I wonder whose question that is on the ebay listing, about whether the 9CAP for sale is mode1 or mode 2 ... some wiley CAT maybe??

Simon
I know who it is!
Feb 02, 2010, 10:55 PM
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetEric
Hi Guys
Bit of info on the 9C and mode changes. I have 3 of these and they are exellent radios. I just bought a 10c as well because it was cheap and the following info on mode changes goes for them as well. As yet I have not been able to fly one out of range using the PCM Dual Conversion receivers. I also have a Spectrum module in one and that is exellent too.

In the menu you can change the mode 1,2,3, or 4 the menu item is called stick mode. You also remove the back cover and take the throttle ratchet off and put it on the other stick and just one spring and arm on the gimble swap from one gimble to the other very easy and only takes 10minutes I have even done them at the field so I can fly mode 1 and have a student on mode 2 or 3 or 4. The manual discribes this as well so it is a accepted user mod not a tec job.

Hope this helps all you guys who have never had the pleasure of using one of these great radios

Great, Thanks for the info!
Feb 03, 2010, 02:27 AM
The Flying Circus
ommadawn's Avatar
I just wish the mixing menu wasnt so confusing
Feb 03, 2010, 02:47 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Speaking of radios... does anyone have any experience with the Hitec gear?

I am looking for new 36m radio to use with my FPV Tricopter, and was thinking about the Optic6. Does anyone have any experience with this gear?

Cheers
-J
Feb 03, 2010, 03:50 AM
I love FPV!
Cralis's Avatar
I had a Hitec Eclipse 7, and it was fine. basic... but it worked on my Trex450 and my Raptor 50 helicopters just fine. Hope that helps. It was very basic though. When I got my DX7, I was very happy...
Feb 03, 2010, 03:57 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Thanks Cralis. I have a DX7, but I want to fly 2.4g with a 36m radio on my Tricopter - I did think of getting a JR radio, but can't find a cheap enough one, and I can get an Optic6 at a good price - but just dont know what they are like.

Cheers
-J


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11630 Jun 27, 2017 10:31 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 169 Sep 05, 2016 10:47 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 03:08 PM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 01:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM