New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:07 AM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Here ya go lads...

My first FPV flight in my TriCopter!! WOO HOO I'm excited!!!

First FPV Flight on the TriCopter (3 min 46 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:10 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Hmm... I suppose we need to find out what "Telecommand or telemetry transmitters" means - all conversations with ACMA for anything that transmits video is 2.4G at 10mW.

I will call my contact in ACMA tomorrow and ask I guess!!
I spoke to a guy at the ACMA at length before the OBC 2009 and the said it is ok.
But there is talk of them banning telecommand via video downlink,
http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/AAUFPA/message/38
But after talking to them the ACMA has no timeline for these changes. It was just up for review. If we are all good maybe they wont change it.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:12 AM
Cralis is offline
Find More Posts by Cralis
I love FPV!
Cralis's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Here ya go lads...

My first FPV flight in my TriCopter!! WOO HOO I'm excited!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/9101850
That was great! Very nice stuff... Shaking?

Is that the KK191? What recorder do you use. Picture is amazing.

Well done, mate!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:13 AM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis View Post
That was great! Very nice stuff... Shaking?

Is that the KK191? What recorder do you use. Picture is amazing.

Well done, mate!
Thanks mate!! Yeah... I was crapping it mate - my thumbs were shaking the sticks!! heeheheh

Yep - that is the KX191 and a Canon video camera.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:21 AM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxthecat View Post
I spoke to a guy at the ACMA at length before the OBC 2009 and the said it is ok.
But there is talk of them banning telecommand via video downlink,
http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/AAUFPA/message/38
But after talking to them the ACMA has no timeline for these changes. It was just up for review. If we are all good maybe they wont change it.
Hmmm Well that is interesting.

Ok - I will see what I can dig up. Thanks for the info.

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2010, 05:22 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
Here ya go lads...

My first FPV flight in my TriCopter!! WOO HOO I'm excited!!!

http://www.vimeo.com/9101850
Nice!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 06:38 PM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxthecat View Post
I spoke to a guy at the ACMA at length before the OBC 2009 and the said it is ok.
But there is talk of them banning telecommand via video downlink,
http://au.groups.yahoo.com/group/AAUFPA/message/38
But after talking to them the ACMA has no timeline for these changes. It was just up for review. If we are all good maybe they wont change it.
I Bilox,

I spoke with ACMA today and they clarified some things. Below are my questions with their answers - and it looks like the 1W option is a No Go. BOO HISS!!!

Does the following include telemetry systems that also transmit video in the carrier?

ITEM 26
Telecommand or telemetry transmitters

Frequency
1. 24002450
2. 57255795
3. 58155875

Maximum EIRP
1 W

No the sending of video signals is considered neither telecommand or telemetry.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2010, 07:42 PM
chancesAU is offline
Find More Posts by chancesAU
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Looks like we may have to have the aircraft tethered!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 08:09 PM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Just got some further clarification from ACMA....

Basically, if the video signal is sent by analog modulation then in must not exceed 10mW, if on the other hand the video signal is digitally modulated then Item 45 authorises a transmitter power of 1 W (all conditions associated with Item 45 must be met).
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2010, 01:04 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Hmmmmmm,

Here is where it is up for review (last bullet point)
http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD..PC/pc=PC_311727

This is strange, I will call them tomorrow as well. Maybe the above changes have gone through.
I sent them an email just before the OBC letting them know what we wanted to do and they said it was fine but we should check from time to time to make sure it has not been revised.

I'll try and dig up the number of the guy that said it was all ok. I think he was in Canberra.

It's unlike a government department to give conflicting information,
Maybe they look at it differently if you call it a UAV?

Cheers

Scott
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:25 AM
GeoffW81 is offline
Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel View Post
if on the other hand the video signal is digitally modulated then Item 45 authorises a transmitter power of 1 W (all conditions associated with Item 45 must be met).[/I]
what are the conditions associated with Item 45?
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:27 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
what are the conditions associated with Item 45?
The biggest one is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old Feb 01, 2010, 02:32 AM
GeoffW81 is offline
Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxthecat View Post
The biggest one is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
let us check you bank account, if you have lots of $$$$ you can use it? :P
Old Feb 01, 2010, 03:09 AM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by biloxthecat View Post
Hmmmmmm,

Here is where it is up for review (last bullet point)
http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD..PC/pc=PC_311727

This is strange, I will call them tomorrow as well. Maybe the above changes have gone through.
I sent them an email just before the OBC letting them know what we wanted to do and they said it was fine but we should check from time to time to make sure it has not been revised.

I'll try and dig up the number of the guy that said it was all ok. I think he was in Canberra.

It's unlike a government department to give conflicting information,
Maybe they look at it differently if you call it a UAV?

Cheers

Scott
Cool - Let me know what you find out.
Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2010, 05:19 AM
Bilox is offline
Find More Posts by Bilox
Registered Crasher
Bilox's Avatar

Best radio gear for FPV?


Hi Guy's

A couple of years ago I bought a DX7 which I use mainly with my Trex 450SE and a couple of other planes.
But now Im itching to get into FPV but want to leave 2.4GHzfor the video. (still no reply from the ACMA)
Do any of you guys have any recommendation of a decent radio for FPV?
Im thinking I need 9 Channels (pan & tilt maybe down the track).

Was thinking of trying to find a second hand Futaba 9C??? (36MHz??)
Id be more than happy if I got something that did similar range to the DX7.
Any Ideas??

Cheers

Scott,


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11342 Today 10:46 AM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 169 Sep 05, 2016 11:47 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM