Thread Tools
Feb 04, 2013, 06:04 AM
Cleared for take off...
WitnessOnly's Avatar
Hoppy, tiss' rude of me to have stepped all over a 50th birthday celebration, congrats for surviving it, hope you tried to take on those young'uns its a sport worth losing every decade or so

But playing here sugeststs you're still the 'king of the kids' so well done old boy


WO
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 04, 2013, 06:13 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
nogas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse
Good price.

Pity that deal wasn't available last week when I ordered a new cam from them. Oh well, got the CMQ1993X (IR filtered version of the PZ0420) coming.
For an extra $10 that is a good buy too. I probably should have spent the extra $10 to be honest
Feb 04, 2013, 09:23 PM
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Drones in the news - I WANT one of these little critters but look at the price !!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...205-2dvmw.html
Feb 04, 2013, 10:07 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
It blows my mind all the time that as soon as you mention military, companies charge like wounded buffalo!!

I read somewhere that the USA military spent something like $20Mil on some multirotor drones. I reckon any number of us on here could have supplied the same speced machines, for 5% of the price.

Unbelievable!!!
Feb 04, 2013, 10:09 PM
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
I could not agree more but that's just not how the tender process works.
Feb 04, 2013, 11:52 PM
Lame-As The real alternative!
narcas's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer
Last couple of vids from the weekend, sorry I'm an FPV video whore.
Whore it up Gim! Keep 'em coming
Feb 05, 2013, 12:12 AM
Registered User
cautious32's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzparkPilot
Drones in the news - I WANT one of these little critters but look at the price !!!!!

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...205-2dvmw.html
$193,000 per helicopter!! Nice bit of pocket money.

I'm sure most of that money went into R&D such as the very high-tech "wind gust response" test.
Feb 05, 2013, 01:05 AM
Watts up ?
OzparkPilot's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cautious32
$193,000 per helicopter!! Nice bit of pocket money.

I'm sure most of that money went into R&D such as the very high-tech "wind gust response" test.
and an R22 two seater can be had for $150k ! Its just crazy times
Feb 05, 2013, 02:18 AM
Registered User
muduck's Avatar
Someone, in the last few weeks, posted his brilliant idea of mounting a gopro onto a quad/hex using servos & rubber bands. It was stable & simple & I thought I had bookmarked it....But....
Anyone got it?
Feb 05, 2013, 02:34 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Yep! Sure did...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=1793759&pp=30
Feb 05, 2013, 02:37 AM
what goes up, must come down..
AussieHoppy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer
Last couple of vids from the weekend, sorry I'm an FPV video whore.
Gim
Dammit! missed some more goggs on fun!
Some fun flights there, I see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly
Hoppy, tiss' rude of me to have stepped all over a 50th birthday celebration, congrats for surviving it, hope you tried to take on those young'uns its a sport worth losing every decade or so
But playing here sugeststs you're still the 'king of the kids' so well done old boy
WO
Thanks Witt! I'll take the "old" bit as a well earned compliment lol Cheers mate!
Prob the only thing that needs improvement in said life, is that by this stage I was hoping to have less work hours and more build & flying hours... such is the challenge of life I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by muduck
Someone, in the last few weeks, posted his brilliant idea of mounting a gopro onto a quad/hex using servos & rubber bands. It was stable & simple & I thought I had bookmarked it....But....
Anyone got it?
dunno about rubber bands but I do know of a camera gimble on 2 servos connected to a base plate by fuel hose...
Soon i hope to have my kk2 board in one of my quads, once that is trimmed out I'll try the Super Simple Gimble, otherwise known as the SSG

Quick & the dead, Mongrel!
Last edited by AussieHoppy; Feb 05, 2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Mongrel beat me to it! lol
Feb 05, 2013, 02:54 AM
Registered User
muduck's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
Thanks Mate.....
Feb 05, 2013, 05:10 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse
Hey Mongrel,

Get the Arduflyer clone from Rctimer. Comes with GPS and 915mhz telemetry radios. You may want to add the MAVLink-OSD and 90A Voltage & Current Sensor.

I'm just flying with the Arduflyer board and GPS so far on my little F330. RTL works awesome. Tried a transmitter off failsafe today, was really cool, flew home, landed and disarmed itself. Really spun out and impressed the onlookers at my club.
Hey Mouse,

I don't "need" the telemetry though... do I??
Feb 05, 2013, 05:44 AM
Registered User
Locko's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
Hey Mouse,

I don't "need" the telemetry though... do I??
You dont need it
Feb 05, 2013, 05:47 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Sweet! I didn't think so!

Thanks - about to spend some sheckles.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 11619 Jun 18, 2017 09:50 AM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 169 Sep 05, 2016 10:47 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 03:08 PM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 01:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 05:37 PM