Dec 23, 2009, 02:09 AM
The FPV Ninja
Thread OP
Cheers Guys for keeping this thread alive. I wish you all a merry Christmas! All the best. I will be back in 2010 and will do a big update on the maps and see if we can organise a group event so we can catch up.

Bindle
to remove ads between posts
Dec 23, 2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah!
Merry Christmass to all you aussies out there! I hope Santa knows that we want FPV gear for Christmass.
I for one am looking forward to the Aussie FPV meet in 2010!!!
Dec 26, 2009, 04:24 AM
A few Models is not enough Hon

Sant brought me

Santa brought me some FatSharks
Dec 26, 2009, 06:02 AM
Gotta love santa when he drops off a new set of goggles
You were obviously a good boy this year Eric hehe...

Hey so who wants to start organizing a SE QLD / Northern NSW FPV meet?
Perhaps we should start by listing times we could possibly attend?
Locations?
If your up for a camping trip then I know a caravan park who is cool with us flying there (might have to double check if its ok to have like 6 people flying )
Depends also how far people are prepared to travel, ill go anywhere for a good spot!

BTW the spot I have in mind is at a big lake, perhaps someone should bring a boat in case the inevitable was to happen
Dec 26, 2009, 06:03 AM
I love FPV!
My only request is - could we wait until the humidity goes? It's killing me! I think it stops around the end of Jan, right? Right?? RIGHT?????
Dec 26, 2009, 06:06 AM
Haha... You know the weather here, its either stinking hot or freezing (for an Australian).
Just need to bring a big gazebo, or fly from inside ur car with the aircon going hehe

Hmm thats a bloody good idea!
Dec 26, 2009, 07:17 PM
Crap... The ground is hard.!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
My only request is - could we wait until the humidity goes? It's killing me! I think it stops around the end of Jan, right? Right?? RIGHT?????

Have airconditioned caravan complete with model racks and a 4 x 4 to yank the thing, anywhere, anytime ........ bring it on. !!! Nick
Dec 26, 2009, 08:55 PM
Balsa addict
Damn... why is perth so far away.. hahaha. Are there any FPV'ers in perth?.

Cheers, Kev.
Dec 26, 2009, 09:49 PM
I think my wheels fell off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au
Damn... why is perth so far away.. hahaha. Are there any FPV'ers in perth?.

Cheers, Kev.
I'm here Kev!

Santa got me some Headplay googles so my setup is now complete again. Yay!

I think it's a small crowd in WA kev, I know there's another guy (cant remember his handle) but he doesn't say much. I remember reading he has been FPV in Perth for 5 years.

I fear cooking my setup in the expected heat over the next few days but, it's going to get hot.
Dec 27, 2009, 07:27 AM
Balsa addict
Hey Thumb! excellent, what plane are you FPV'ing with?

I have all the FPV gear apart from a video TX & lipos , just need to finish building my plane and maiden it( hopefully this weekend), waiting on the power system, servos and some lipos.

It would be cool to have a FPV buddy to fly with!

Cheer, Kev.
Dec 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
Hey Thumb! excellent, what plane are you FPV'ing with?

I have all the FPV gear apart from a video TX & lipos , just need to finish building my plane and maiden it( hopefully this weekend), waiting on the power system, servos and some lipos.

It would be cool to have a FPV buddy to fly with!

Cheer, Kev.
I tried a few before I found the best! I started with gliders (DG1000 and a ST-ROC 2.6m) but it all got too hard having to 'build' these planes at the field, and they all lost performance carrying the extra wieght.

Then saw what 'Trappy' was doing and ended up getting one of the Ritewing Zeph's. I only flew it for the first time last W/end, and it's the sweetest thing ever. There's some pic's on the page before this one. I'm sitting here now waiting for the easterly to die so I can get my first FPV flight out of the way. I only got some replacement googles for xmas so i'm busting to get out.

I think early in this thread you said you were SOR? Have you got a good feild to fly at? What's your platform?

'TangRC' have good lipo's that you can get from LHS at a good price. Or you can go to SIOMAR batteries in Wangarra and they will make you whatever you want while you wait, for an excellent price.

PM me when your ready to go and i'll come spot for you.
Dec 27, 2009, 06:29 PM
Align heli fan
I'm a newbie into FPV, am near Surrey Hills, Balwyn area, if anyone from nearby suburb wouldn't mind to share their FPV experience w me =)
Last edited by Flywitme; Dec 27, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Dec 27, 2009, 09:22 PM
Balsa addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb_number View Post
I tried a few before I found the best! I started with gliders (DG1000 and a ST-ROC 2.6m) but it all got too hard having to 'build' these planes at the field, and they all lost performance carrying the extra wieght.

Then saw what 'Trappy' was doing and ended up getting one of the Ritewing Zeph's. I only flew it for the first time last W/end, and it's the sweetest thing ever. There's some pic's on the page before this one. I'm sitting here now waiting for the easterly to die so I can get my first FPV flight out of the way. I only got some replacement googles for xmas so i'm busting to get out.

I think early in this thread you said you were SOR? Have you got a good feild to fly at? What's your platform?

'TangRC' have good lipo's that you can get from LHS at a good price. Or you can go to SIOMAR batteries in Wangarra and they will make you whatever you want while you wait, for an excellent price.

PM me when your ready to go and i'll come spot for you.
I was a member of a Club down my way, not anymore tho. haven't flown for over a year now , but i have been building.

It's a high wing pusher(scratch built) built up foam and balsa, 1400mm WS.

IF it flies hahah it should make for a good platform.

Cheers Thumb, ill PM ya when it's FPV ready.
Dec 28, 2009, 12:02 AM
WOW! Kev that's a good looking build. You look like you've put a lot of thought and time into that one.

I'll really look forward to seeing that bird in the air.
Dec 29, 2009, 09:31 AM
The FPV Ninja
Thread OP
Well I am back from my Christmas break... I have completed the FPV plane that i have mentioned and will begin final flight tests prior to its maiden FPV flight.... Will post up piccies soon. I also got some 3 inch tyres for those off road flying sites so i am pretty much all set for when we get around to organising a trip... who knows i might resurect my twin...

Quick Reply