Jun 10, 2010, 02:52 AM
fpv addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mongrel
So who is Jason - and if someone does, then get him on here to comment.

It would not be financially viable. Wages are too high, freight costs are too high, real estate is too hight, plus then they would have to wear import duties etc. Why would they bother!!!

And I suppose Germany is viable is it?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2010, 03:33 AM
The Flying Circus
Hey Ian, have you flown The Bluff yet? Heres a rough clip. I caught an hour of excellent soaring.
I really should learn video editing properly
FPV slope soaring at The Bluff, Victor Harbor, South Australia (5 min 4 sec)

The picture breakup at around 1:40 is because I was flying behind my patches.
Last edited by ommadawn; Jun 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Jun 10, 2010, 06:13 AM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams
The warehouse is in Sydney and already leased/purchased etc etc.
Interesting... Where did you get this info?? Do Share!!
Jun 10, 2010, 09:23 PM
FPV Plane & RC Motorcycle Dude
Ommadawn, haven't flown the Bluff yet, I should cos I get a great view everyday running the horse tram out to Granite Island!!

I have a week off next week, might be able to get together one night and talk editing etc. I'll call you. If the weather is from the SW I will be sloping at Hallett Cove.

John ...err Mr Mongrel, the info on the HK warehouse came direct from Jason at HK on their forums, I can't find the exact thread at the moment but, he did say it was at Teron? point in Sydney (one of the aussies who responded lives close by, I don't know it or if I spelt it correct) and "The Australian warehouse will be stocking items that are difficult to ship from Hong Kong economically. Such as large scale planes, ARF's and heavy + 5kg parceled items." Also, "WILL NOT STOCK SMALL ITEMS"
Jun 11, 2010, 03:59 AM
Not a Doctor
For the record, Taren Point is about 25kms out of the CBD.
Jun 11, 2010, 05:32 AM
Flying White Rabbit
Ok I just sent the info out for the Sydney FPV fun day on the 19th.
I hope I haven't missed anyone, and it isn't too short on the notice but if anyone didn't get the invite then msg me and I'll send the details.
Hopefully I'll get a vid up tomorrow night of the last recorded flight with the fokker after I get my car painted in the morning.

Mr_B
8)
//
Jun 11, 2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
...the info on the HK warehouse came direct from Jason at HK on their forums, I can't find the exact thread at the moment...
I saw it on the 'Hobby Blog' under the new giant EPO warbirds dated 5 June 2010:

Jason5001 5/06/2010
Sweden will be on the DE list next week.
Australian warehouse about 8 weeks away from going live.
Jun 12, 2010, 05:40 AM
Not a Doctor
Had my first FPV flight. Took the Easy star to the slope and flew for an hour on a 1800ma pack. Had a total blast.
Used a bit of motor to get some height occasionally (its a pretty ordinary slope). Was up around 1500 for a while and it was tops. I could see miles down the coast.
I'm really stoked. Can't wait to get into an efficient glider with a good vario.
Had about 7 flights all up. All take offs and landings done heads down. Top stuff. I'm totally hooked.
Jun 12, 2010, 06:04 AM
I love FPV!
Congrats man. That was pretty efficient! Nice stuff.
Jun 12, 2010, 06:28 AM
Registered DSer
Nice one Me Wantee. This is a great little facet of our hobby.

I'd be interested to see your setup.

Next stop, FPV tri-copter. Camperdown is going to be fun next year - I can imagine flying down the main-drag of the caravan park FVP, and out onto the point....
Jun 12, 2010, 06:52 AM
Not a Doctor
Thanks guys. I'm still stoked.
Sounds awesome Rog. lets do it Much mischeif to be had at Camperdown next year me thinks.
Just fiddling with the wiring now. Adding a switch for the cam and video tx to the side of the pod.
Jun 12, 2010, 08:04 AM
The Flying Circus
Great stuff Mick, welcome to the clan!
I guess your HG background helped getting straight into the slope flying.
An hours flying on debut. Excellent.
Are you happy with the sharks?
I keep telling the guys that slope is the best place for FPV.
Long easy uninterrupted flights on minimal power. Not just a 5 or 10 minute blast around a paddock.
With this stuff its always advisable to have another plane on the drawing board.
Whats the next plane gonna be?
Keep us posted and howabout some clips?
Cheers
Frank
Jun 12, 2010, 08:05 AM
The Flying Circus
Quote:
Ommadawn, haven't flown the Bluff yet, I should cos I get a great view everyday running the horse tram out to Granite Island!!

I have a week off next week, might be able to get together one night and talk editing etc. I'll call you. If the weather is from the SW I will be sloping at Hallett Cove.

John ...err Mr Mongrel, the info on the HK warehouse came direct from Jason at HK on their forums, I can't find the exact thread at the moment but, he did say it was at Teron? point in Sydney (one of the aussies who responded lives close by, I don't know it or if I spelt it correct) and "The Australian warehouse will be stocking items that are difficult to ship from Hong Kong economically. Such as large scale planes, ARF's and heavy + 5kg parceled items." Also, "WILL NOT STOCK SMALL ITEMS"
You have PM
Jun 12, 2010, 09:01 AM
Not a Doctor
Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
Great stuff Mick, welcome to the clan!
I guess your HG background helped getting straight into the slope flying.
An hours flying on debut. Excellent.
Are you happy with the sharks?
I keep telling the guys that slope is the best place for FPV.
Long easy uninterrupted flights on minimal power. Not just a 5 or 10 minute blast around a paddock.
With this stuff its always advisable to have another plane on the drawing board.
Whats the next plane gonna be?
Keep us posted and howabout some clips?
Cheers
Frank
A lot of it is thanks to your help Ommadawn. I don't have much HG exp, but plenty of slope RC and full scale gliders and power.
The sharks were great. Weird at first, but the picture was really clear.
I only had a couple of video glitches all flight. I was really happy with that.
I got a bit of motion sickness after about 5 minutes, but got over it pretty soon.
The guys were laughing at me. It was freaking them out because I had my back to the slope while the plane was cruising past and I couldn't help moving my head to look around.
As for planes, I'll keep the E* for a while but it's lousy on the slope Next up will be either a funjet or a bird. I think the bird-e would be a great platform. Fly's in next to nothing or a gale, thermals well. We would mould a custom pod for the gear.
Jun 12, 2010, 12:21 PM
Flying White Rabbit
This is a quick video I did up of the last recorded flight with my now dead JXD990. Time for a new recorder anyway. Got a new camera installed with better light handling. I did this on a friend's machine showing them how to do video editing with their new computer. Didn't have much choice of music but this is something for fun. The landing is a bit rough, the lipo saver kicked in caught me off guard and forced an emergency landing, there isn't much glide in a non powered fokker when your low down to the ground.

Enjoy

The FW190 Testing ground (7 min 9 sec)

Mr_B
8)
//

Quick Reply