Feb 20, 2012, 04:36 PM
correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ommadawn
Hi Tony, do you mean the beast of AAAArrrrrrggggghhhh?
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2012, 07:56 PM
I need a bigger shed..

5.8 channel selection

Hi everyone, I have a sky-rf (foxtech etc) 5.8GHz tx/rx, im wondering what 5.8GHz channels are good to use in Australia? Both legalities (not so much) and interference/strength
How do I figure out best channel, just range testing on ground? I am getting a set of circularly polarized antennas made and tuned, so need to specify what frequency. I have done my research on a fair bit of FPV stuff, just not the channel selection
Feb 20, 2012, 08:11 PM
I found it didn't make much differance to the channel I used.

Prob be best to check them where you intend to fly...As soon as you use mode than 10mw it isn't legal anyway
Feb 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cody069
I found it didn't make much differance to the channel I used.

Prob be best to check them where you intend to fly...As soon as you use mode than 10mw it isn't legal anyway
Haha yea fair enough, so you wouldn't say the lower frequency channels are stronger then the higher ones? I have heard that somewhere a while ago, but can't find the information about why again lol
Feb 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc
Haha yea fair enough, so you wouldn't say the lower frequency channels are stronger then the higher ones? I have heard that somewhere a while ago, but can't find the information about why again lol
Depends on the age of the TX, apparently the lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw have more range than the 900mhz 500mw due to the hardware being newer??

Check out the ACMA website and just make sure your not transmitting on something which is in use... theres a location on the website where you can enter your postcode & freq range and it will tell you what is in use in your area.

OR you can do what most people do and just fly
Feb 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU
Depends on the age of the TX, apparently the lawmate 2.4ghz 500mw have more range than the 900mhz 500mw due to the hardware being newer??

Check out the ACMA website and just make sure your not transmitting on something which is in use... theres a location on the website where you can enter your postcode & freq range and it will tell you what is in use in your area.

OR you can do what most people do and just fly
Very useful, thanks. Link: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/as...e.range_lookup

I am finding best channel, as I am getting a tunes set of antennas, so I need them tuned to what channel (or neighbouring channel) I am going to use. In my area, there is nothing below 5.94GHz
Feb 20, 2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc
Very useful, thanks. Link: http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/as...e.range_lookup

I am finding best channel, as I am getting a tunes set of antennas, so I need them tuned to what channel (or neighbouring channel) I am going to use. In my area, there is nothing below 5.94GHz
That's the one!
Feb 20, 2012, 10:53 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Ought to get it stickied somewhere, start of thread, a lot of people may find it helpful?
Feb 21, 2012, 04:32 AM
Aus
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Here's an article from the ABC that some may find an interesting read:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-02-2...site=newcastle
Feb 21, 2012, 06:10 PM
Member #1
Got a new FPV plane today! It's a bixler, which I'll set up for short range fun flying in the smaller parks. Got that and a turnigy 9X along with a 25amp plush esc all for $100 express posted! Not bad huh?
Feb 21, 2012, 06:39 PM
Suspended Account
giddy up!! more planes the better...

got my "Off the Edge" 60 inch FPV delta wing yesterday. oooohhh baby, this thing looks sooo cool.

build has started..
Feb 21, 2012, 07:16 PM
Watts up ?
Ok New FPV has arrived

My new setup will be:

Skysurfer EPO -
IMRC 600 Mah VTX with BlueBeams x 2
Fatshark Preds
upgraded to a very nice little Camera RMRC - 600XVP
RMRC Pan and Tilt pod kid
Eagle Tree OSD Pro

Should be a solid Long distance set up. I ordered everything from ReadyMadeRC and they were great to deal with.
Feb 21, 2012, 07:26 PM
Nice new planes i love new planes - now get some pictures up of those new baby's
Feb 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Look outside the Square
Must be new stuff all round. I got my Foxtech goggles yesterday and its all thumbs up. I flew this morning on 5.8g with a Battery strapped to the head strap like yours Pete no wires going from the goggles to my ground station VRX. The goggles being the ground station ( in built VRX in the goggles) and flew in the perimeters of the park and it was great. No drop outs. Dont know how far ( distance wise ) I might get with the goggles being the Ground Station and 200mw VTX in the plane but I'm happy. good for close in flying.

Good to see smiles all round

Bx
Feb 21, 2012, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Got a new FPV plane today! It's a bixler, which I'll set up for short range fun flying in the smaller parks. Got that and a turnigy 9X along with a 25amp plush esc all for $100 express posted! Not bad huh?
Looking at that one myself, but waiting for HK to have them in Aussie stock....need something zippy, it's tireing being a Bomber pilot on the Skywalker..wanna be a fighter pilot for a change

Quick Reply