Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Sep 18, 2001, 11:11 PM
Find More Posts by budorren
Desert Rat

OLY II fuselage

I have flown an OLY II for years with an Astro Cobalt 15 on direct frive with 8 cells and a large folder. It was a wierd combination but it worked very well. Unfortunately, the fuselage is gone (don't ask) but the wing is fine. Any idea where I can get a fusalage only, preferably in kit form? BudOrren in Rancho Mirage.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2001, 02:28 PM
Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Restful User
Whyte Wings is no longer kitting the Oly II, so you are SOL for a fuse kit.

Best solution is to get a set of Oly II plans from RCM ( http://www.rcmmagazine.com/ ) and scratch-build the fuse.

--Bill
Old Sep 19, 2001, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by budorren
Desert Rat
Bill-Thanx for the info. Now I know why I have not been able to find the OLY in a catalogue or ad. Any suggestion for a kit close enough to use the wing and the electrifying? Bud
Old Sep 20, 2001, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Jacques Flambeau
Restful User
Not practical to look for a "fuse kit" for an airplane. Fuse kits are not available. Wing kits are available and supply die- or laser-cut sheets of ribs since ribs are a PITA to cut from plans.

You could take your old fuse, make measurements and build a replacement from scratch or buy the plans and scratch build the fuse. The Oly II fuse and tailfeathers are not that difficult to make from sheets and sticks.

DreamCatcher has a lot of nostalgia kits and short kits: http://www.dchobby.com/ .

Good luck!

--Bill