Nov 23, 2009, 01:54 AM
Team White Llama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
You have no respect for anyone, your problem is you can't stay away as you so often threaten. Do us a favor and live up to your threats for once and prove you stand for something...

Jack

take it easy. keep it civil.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 23, 2009, 01:55 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF Phantom
ooh no guys, he's getting Defensive....... Watch out...

I have respect for Rob... but not the guy who drank too much purple kool aid
Do you even know what that phrase means? You use it like you hold the trademark though your use of it (as repetitive as it is) is rarely on-point...

Jack
Nov 23, 2009, 01:57 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
take it easy. keep it civil.
Civil? This guy has no purpose other than to find a flaw and point it out, to enjoy others failure, I knew some would find the Doppler higher and/or lower than others but look at his numbers and everyone else's, please. I've heard threats to leave, to never come back, to drop out... well? I for one accept his terms...

Jack
Nov 23, 2009, 02:03 AM
This has been deleted
Last edited by EDF Phantom - Kryptonic; Nov 23, 2009 at 02:11 AM.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:03 AM
Team White Llama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter
Civil? This guy has no purpose other than to find a flaw and point it out, to enjoy others failure, I knew some would find the Doppler higher and/or lower than others but look at his numbers and everyone else's, please. I've heard threats to leave, to never come back, to drop out... well? I for one accept his terms...

Jack
his numbers match mine. I don't liek to toot my horn often, but i am VERY diligent when it comes to doppler and speed measurements.

and ontop of that, he's got no reason to say your speed was lower, he posted his graphs and his lines are dead on.

plus, we all know the vector broke 200 years ago on round cells.

like i posted earlier, anyway you look at it you guys are fast.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:11 AM
Well i'm not going to showboat about breaking 200mph, The funny thing is, i did it with a 12s 2500mah pack............. ROFL hahahhaaaa

So what's the big deal.... is there like money to be won for breaking 200mph..... if so, i guess the Europeans must have picked up their prize money a few years ago.......
Last edited by EDF Phantom - Kryptonic; Nov 23, 2009 at 02:17 AM.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:20 AM
Hangar queen hoarder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Also, when taking measurements, the recording device should never be moved. You can affect the doppler speed by the speed of the camera movement. So, the camera should be stationary.
That's a myth. If you follow the plane with your head, your head and the camera only changes location during the doppler shift, which does nothing for or against speed because you measure the sample before and after the shift. You'd have to be sprinting towards the plane as it was coming, or away from the plane as it was leaving, just to skew it a few mph.

If you chop the throttle down to 7/8 or 3/4 etc during the shift, then that's an easy way to cheat the doppler. If you chop it just after the shift, then that just gives you a bad sample to measure.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:21 AM
Team White Llama!
i've done some pretty cool stuff with a 12S 2200 sized pack also wish i woulda got a speed on it tho
Nov 23, 2009, 02:22 AM
Straight and level is boring.

I'd like to see:

a 200mph loop

a 200mph 4-point hesitation roll

a 200mph cuban-8

a 200mph rolling circle

a 200mph rolling loop

Gordon
Nov 23, 2009, 02:22 AM
That purple kool aid must cost a fortune, just to go 200mph.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Straight and level is boring.

I'd like to see:

a 200mph loop

a 200mph 4-point hesitation roll

a 200mph cuban-8

a 200mph rolling circle

a 200mph rolling loop

Gordon
Gordon,

hey you forgot the 200mph flat spin.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:31 AM
Suspended Account
200mph Landing too.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:36 AM
Suspended Account
I think to use the term 'Official' you need an official there and that official lays down the rules on how its done.

Someone needs to contact Guiness World Records and get them to get some experts to set something up, then on a given day at a given time the run is made and the 'Official' makes the ruling.

This is a fast airplane and pretty much if you have cash you can get this performance of the shelf and it works reliably, thats the most impressive thing to me.

To be honest I am not seeing any reason to go to the expense and complexity of 15 cells when 12 seems to be doing the job pretty well. Two cells more for a marginal 5-7 mph increase over what we saw at E-Jets?

Great Job Rob.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:56 AM
Thread OP
No one could have imagined the sheer number of angry haters around here, the last page here pretty much shows many of them. And to think, all of these "experts" and not one of them has a single frame of video posted showing any of this expertise they all possess in abundance, I find that a little odd.

All of them sit and snicker when someone does something, like take the time to do video and post data and results, the entire time offering little of anything in return. It's very sad too, in this case we really had two smokin' runs, the average was 209.5 MPH if you go by Eagle Tree which BTW, does anyone know why they are so afraid of it? At $500 starting price for the Pro it's seems like a serious contender, no?

I'm closing down this thread, we'll re-post shortly. I think anyone reading this last page can easily see who these people are and how they feed on each other, as much fun as this hobby is, it's the five or so names you see here that just make you wish some humans ate their young like some wild animals do. You always find some people like this, how they find and cling to each other is the question I have...

Jack

Quick Reply