Jun 01, 2014, 07:14 AM
Way to much free time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotnum
But they are both new and both are jittering when I plug them in?
Do they jitter when the motor is not running? If they do not then there is electrical noise causing the issue. Testing on the bench with a much higher capacity battery may show your flight-Lipo to be of too high of resistance to act like a sufficient capacitance source.

Quote:
No motor hooked up. Flight battery is a 1S 300mAh 25c.
Thanks. Then I agree with others and suspect that either the servos have dirty wiper arms/contact strips, and/or your Brick is generating extraneous noise over the signal lines. Try the servos with another Brick if you have one handy.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2014, 07:04 PM

Newell Falcon

This little beast of Peter Rake's design is going to have an AR6400 under the wing in a day or five.
Jun 02, 2014, 05:45 AM

External Aileron servos no mix required

Quote:
Trying to use two external servos for ailerons. Does anybody now how to do that on an AR6410 brick. I put some mixes in and can get it to work but the two ext servos have a constant jitter. Is that normal or how do stop it.

Added: the two ext servos are new 2.1 gram linear long throw servos
Lotnum

You do not require a mix as the receiver is designed for two servos sometimes it requires switching to two servo mode, if it came from a rtf such as the Trojan it is probably set up for a single aileron servo you change mode by using transmitter sticks when turning on. Check the receiver manual as to how if you do not have one then look on Horizon Hobby site and download pdf.
here is the link
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...c-SPMAR6410#t6 you will find it under manuals and support. Pages 11 and 12

Regards
Eric
Jun 10, 2014, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Trying to use two external servos for ailerons. Does anybody now how to do that on an AR6410 brick. I put some mixes in and can get it to work but the two ext servos have a constant jitter. Is that normal or how do stop it.

Added: the two ext servos are new 2.1 gram linear long throw servos
I was trying to run two 2.9g servos from one of the newer AS3X boards. My servos would not just jitter but stop together as well. I was running a 2s ESC with diode. Turns out that the servos were drawing more amps than my BEC could provide and the whole board brown out.

I ended up having to use a larger ESC with 3 amp BEC to resolve the issue. These low voltage linear servos seem to draw lots of amps.
Jun 19, 2014, 02:36 PM
So I decided to finally take a crack at a scratch built off the top of my head foam flyer with a trusty AR6400. I thought it would be a piece of cake to set up a mix to where I could use only the built in (rudder and elevator) servos as elevons. Is this possible with some trickery? I have a few ideas but so far everything I've tried hasn't worked. Using a DX7s.

[EDIT] OK I think I figured it out! V-tail setting and a simple mix of aileron to rudder seems like all I needed.
[EDIT again] nope.... not working. Can't seem to get it straight between the mixes and channel reverses... damn confusing.
Last edited by seeingeyegod; Jun 19, 2014 at 06:16 PM.
Jun 19, 2014, 06:56 PM
Mad Scientist
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeingeyegod
So I decided to finally take a crack at a scratch built off the top of my head foam flyer with a trusty AR6400. I thought it would be a piece of cake to set up a mix to where I could use only the built in (rudder and elevator) servos as elevons. Is this possible with some trickery? I have a few ideas but so far everything I've tried hasn't worked. Using a DX7s.

[EDIT] OK I think I figured it out! V-tail setting and a simple mix of aileron to rudder seems like all I needed.
[EDIT again] nope.... not working. Can't seem to get it straight between the mixes and channel reverses... damn confusing.
The big trick here, is the orientation of the brick now. The other option, is what side of the control surface you attach your horns too. I have v tail mixing in my little glider. It is indeed possible, and you are on the right track.
Jun 19, 2014, 07:11 PM
Yep... its the v-tail! Just figured it out somehow. Ended up not having to re orient the board after all. Not sure how I didn't figure this out before. I just have it set on v-tail, right and left elevator reversed, aileron to rudder mix right 100% left 100%, no other mixes, and it is somehow working! Off to go see how badly this thing I made flies if at all.
Jun 30, 2014, 02:22 AM
duct tape and hot glue

Sonex Onex

Here is my recently completed Sonex Onex. I "painted" it in the traditional yellow with a sharpie. It uses all of the same electronics as a Parkzone UM P-51. It flies great and if there is interest I can upload a flight video.
Jun 30, 2014, 03:40 AM
Nice !
Jul 02, 2014, 05:23 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
So I have a spare AR6400 and some small motors from a hubsan X4 quadcopter.

Do you guys think two of those would overload the single ESC?

If they don't... then there is something I want to try...
Jul 02, 2014, 05:43 PM
Richard Cox
I am sure it will be fine.
A Cri-Cri? Good choice.
Jul 02, 2014, 05:48 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Cox
I am sure it will be fine.
A Cri-Cri? Good choice.
Funny looking thing. I am sure I am the only person who will have one at my club, since the only cri-cri on the rc market (that I have seen) is from HK and thus not to be trusted at my club. (My local club is one of those old-fart clubs that doesn't trust anything thats not from towerhobbies)

I think I will wire it Up and see how the motors run.
Jul 02, 2014, 06:48 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
It works
AR6400 One ESC Two Motors (0 min 35 sec)
Last edited by LowlyElevated; Jul 02, 2014 at 06:57 PM.
Jul 02, 2014, 08:14 PM
Andres
Cool project Waffleman! I'd really like to see that thing fly. I agree that it looks funny....but IMO, not in a bad way.

-Andres
Jul 02, 2014, 08:34 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
this isn't in any hurry - i have an ARF to finish putting together, fix my big yak, buy and complete another ARF around my DLE20, etc... so this might take a while.

Quick Reply