oic
Find More Posts by oic
oic
Oh!... I see!
@davereap
Here is the link to the ar6400 clone

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-Ship-6c...81019164203%26

It was $27 instead of $25
Not bad. Elevator servo is a little chatty on mine. Bound with no issues to my DX6i. Ill try to post a video of it in action.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:44 AM
Find More Posts by speedy01
Quote:
Originally Posted by oic View Post
@davereap
Here is the link to the ar6400 clone ....
Since davereap is in England, this is likely a better/even less expensive option. The ebay (free) shipping appears to be US only.

Gene K
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by davereap
cheers... I have that link , but so far I am a bit reluctant to try them..
been getting supermicro stuff from HK which works well ...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._one_5ch_.html
I do like my spektrum radio as well, however...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:42 AM
Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Technomancer

P-38

My MS paint plans seemed to translate well on to the depron However the nose will require some trimming

It weighs 21.5 g without electronics, but it could have been lighter: The carbon fiber spar isnt really necessary and adds 2 grams (but Im whacking a high power setup on it so it will help me), also I extended the KFm2 to follow the contours of the booms/cabin and I added 2 more bits of 3mm depron to each boom front to give my BL motors something to bite on to and to absorb the shock of belly landings. I think I could make it between 16-18g if I didnt want extreme speed and aerobatic performance from it.

I think with the mosquito stock 1s electronics (say 26g with dual aileron servos and a 250mah lipo) it would fly close to 3D. The twin motor setup produces between 75-90g of thrust. Now mosquito electronics + my air frame should weigh between 50-55g, so there would be a great thrust to weight ratio.

....But as you may know from some of my earlier posts my mosquito electronics are playing up, so I am forced to use an ORX 6ch

My power system is going to be 2x AP05 5000kV BL outrunners with either mosquito props of GWS 5030 3 blade props and running on 2x 3-5a ESCs on 1s. All up I will get between 140 - 180g of static thrust

This plane is going to be AMAZING!!!!

EDIT: Also the CG is right on the money, I gave it a light throw and cleared the distance of my lounge room and hit the wall, this is by far the best gliding plane I have built yet

Wingspan: 540mm
Length: 395mm
Weight: 21.5g (without electronics, or glue)

Plans available soon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 06, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by speedy01
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
cheers... I have that link , but so far I am a bit reluctant to try them..
No need to hesitate - I haven't read any posts on RCGroups that report problems from the folks who've ordered them. Postage to the US was under $5 for the six I ordered, and service was fast.

The HK supermicro system was interesting to tinker with, but certainly not easy to use - unless you had one of these.

Gene K
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by UNGN
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
My MS paint plans seemed to translate well on to the depron However the nose will require some trimming

It weighs 21.5 g without electronics, but it could have been lighter: The carbon fiber spar isnt really necessary and adds 2 grams (but Im whacking a high power setup on it so it will help me), also I extended the KFm2 to follow the contours of the booms/cabin and I added 2 more bits of 3mm depron to each boom front to give my BL motors something to bite on to and to absorb the shock of belly landings. I think I could make it between 16-18g if I didnt want extreme speed and aerobatic performance from it.

I think with the mosquito stock 1s electronics (say 26g with dual aileron servos and a 250mah lipo) it would fly close to 3D. The twin motor setup produces between 75-90g of thrust. Now mosquito electronics + my air frame should weigh between 50-55g, so there would be a great thrust to weight ratio.

....But as you may know from some of my earlier posts my mosquito electronics are playing up, so I am forced to use an ORX 6ch

My power system is going to be 2x AP05 5000kV BL outrunners with either mosquito props of GWS 5030 3 blade props and running on 2x 3-5a ESCs on 1s. All up I will get between 140 - 180g of static thrust

EDIT: Also the CG is right on the money, I gave it a light throw and cleared the distance of my lounge room and hit the wall, this is by far the best gliding plane I have built yet

Plans available soon

The ORX 6 channel probably won't like 1S with two high amp draw motors.

I wish HK sold the DSM2 6 Channel RX that is in the Gemini RC planes.

It's like a 6 Channel R415.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:27 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
The ORX 6 channel probably won't like 1S with two high amp draw motors.

I wish HK sold the DSM2 6 Channel RX that is in the Gemini RC planes.

It's like a 6 Channel R415.
Thought of that, I have a 1s to 5v voltage booster on the way and Im going to run 2x 300mah nanotechs in parallel

While your here... could I add a resistor or diode to a servo lead to limit the amount of juice it gets? The 1.9g servos I ordered are only rated at 4.2v so the 0.6v voltage drop of a diode would reduce their voltage to 4.4v which is better than 5v right?
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by valiantGLX; Feb 06, 2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by arauser
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post

Plans available soon
Valiant,
That is an awsome build, I've always liked the P-38, cant wait to see it completed and here the flight report.

Jeff
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:19 PM
Well I trashed my first little Lynx, decided to go inverted too close to the ground, but kind of a blessing in disguise. I made another with more wing area and it flys SO much better and it's actually a little lighter than my first one. Ready to fly weight is 34 grams with a 300 mah battery. I put alittle color on this one but trying to stay light.

Jeff
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:33 PM
Find More Posts by Russ40
Nice plane Jeff. Can't wait to see how well it flies.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by dbacon
Sweet, clever and simple design, crisp lines, very attractive, thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:32 PM
oic
Find More Posts by oic
oic
Oh!... I see!
video of the AR6400 clone. Bought on ebay for $27.
AR6400 clone (1 min 4 sec)
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:18 AM
Russ, dbacon,
Thanks guys.
Jeff
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:33 PM
Technomancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by arauser View Post
Valiant,
That is an awsome build, I've always liked the P-38, cant wait to see it completed and here the flight report.

Jeff
Thanks for your kind words Jeff, I cant wait to see your lynx fly aswell
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by davereap
the Whisper maiden
The Whisper..Indoor micro model (1 min 4 sec)