New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:49 PM
Cheesehead is offline
Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Ego varius quis.
Cheesehead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
hmmm... no answer; I'll ask my question in another way:
How much does the mylar covering used on micro 3D planes weigh? (gram.meter^-2)

SS
Somewhere around seven-ish grams.

http://www.homefly.com/reference/Covering%20Weights.htm

Quite a lot of people report that plastic grocery bags work well on flat surfaces, and availability is high.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2011, 03:38 PM
bigtruck169 is offline
Find More Posts by bigtruck169
Registered User
i am thinking back to ultra micro again for this winter indoor fly.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:14 PM
KNUFFAN is offline
Find More Posts by KNUFFAN
Registered User
KNUFFAN's Avatar
Check out the 22" Yak from Chris Bowker for your Beast gear.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
speedy01 is online now
Find More Posts by speedy01
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNUFFAN View Post
Check out the 22" Yak from Chris Bowker for your Beast gear.
Here's a link: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=32526

Gene K
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:28 PM
everynameistaken is offline
Find More Posts by everynameistaken
Registered User
everynameistaken's Avatar
Here's something I did with beast guts. Worked out well.
Tony

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=655
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:47 PM
ara25demayo is offline
Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Registered User
i would like that hotizon made another UM warbird but an axis one matbe a bf-109 or a fw-190 and even a heinkel 111 it has not to be really hard with the mosquitos rx maybe they had to invent a ar6400ltbl for twin and brushles and use 2s and 180 mottora because im building a 3mm depron b-25 and its quite heavy like only airframe 25-30 gr and awb maybe 110-120 so i cant use a mosies guts i wuill usee a 6300 and twin 10gr brushless fron hk but maybe for a p--38 or a ar 264 ar6400t will be good
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:52 AM
Cheesehead is offline
Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Ego varius quis.
Cheesehead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ara25demayo View Post
i would like that hotizon made another UM warbird but an axis one matbe a bf-109 or a fw-190 and even a heinkel 111 it has not to be really hard with the mosquitos rx maybe they had to invent a ar6400ltbl for twin and brushles and use 2s and 180 mottora because im building a 3mm depron b-25 and its quite heavy like only airframe 25-30 gr and awb maybe 110-120 so i cant use a mosies guts i wuill usee a 6300 and twin 10gr brushless fron hk but maybe for a p--38 or a ar 264 ar6400t will be good
You can use two ESCs - and, hence, two brushless motors - with the standard AR6400. Just wire 'em in parallel.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:13 AM
starscream4002 is offline
Find More Posts by starscream4002
Registered User
starscream4002's Avatar
I want to use a brushless gearbox(preferably from hobbyking) on a 32g 3D plane on 1S.(thrust to weight ratio more than 1:1) which BL gearbox(or direct-drive) would you suggest and with which esc?

SS
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:12 AM
ara25demayo is offline
Find More Posts by ara25demayo
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
You can use two ESCs - and, hence, two brushless motors - with the standard AR6400. Just wire 'em in parallel.
YEAHH MAYBE BUT IS LIKE is better the ar6300 for external esc because it wheit 2gr and ar6400 with servos and esc 5 gr and with 6400 i cant use 2s lipos
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
richard hanson is offline
Find More Posts by richard hanson
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
I want to use a brushless gearbox(preferably from hobbyking) on a 32g 3D plane on 1S.(thrust to weight ratio more than 1:1) which BL gearbox(or direct-drive) would you suggest and with which esc?

SS
when you find a setup -brushless-at 32 grams inc battery - let me know -
so ar I have found that brushless will get you into the 40-50 gram setup - The EFlight 6400l and a good brushed motor is the best I have found to keep weight all up at 30 grams -for a good 3D . I do have the smallest Hobby King outrunners and esc.
That last 10 grams is a hard amount to loose.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 01:29 PM
starscream4002 is offline
Find More Posts by starscream4002
Registered User
starscream4002's Avatar
Thanks! I forgot to add that that is the estimated weight "without" the 1S lipo.

SS
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:11 PM
Cheesehead is offline
Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Ego varius quis.
Cheesehead's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
That last 10 grams is a hard amount to loose.
Micro Invent has some really nice brushless gear, and there are discussions on creating gearboxes for ~3g brushless motors.

The cost is steep, though.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
richard hanson is offline
Find More Posts by richard hanson
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Micro Invent has some really nice brushless gear, and there are discussions on creating gearboxes for ~3g brushless motors.

The cost is steep, though.
Micro invent has some nice stuff
the rub is that they are more directed to the miniature scale market.
The BIG market is for small sport aerobatic stuff -which takes a pounding in many cases
Like it or not - the best prices and equipment readily available is the Bind n Fly stuff.
This may change - but as things stand other than the HobbyKing offerings The little ones which fit Spektrum radios are where it's at.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 05:41 PM
Ken1.8T is offline
Find More Posts by Ken1.8T
Have glue gun, will travel...
Ken1.8T's Avatar

My experiment


As I was inspired by you guys and the amazing projects that you have put together on this thread I decided to give a try. Here is an F-15 with the guts from a PZ Sukhoi. It has taken a good deal of tweaking to work but this is what I have so far. The plane is a bit rough but I wanted a simple platform to play with. Test flights have revealed that I need more throw on the controls and a better prop. I used a prop from an old toy play but now I installed a modified GWS prop and spinner. It has not flown yet but it appears to make much better thrust. My initial tests with the smaller prop were problematic as the plane would not turn but yet the elevator worked. If this works, I'm going to build an F-22 from plans that I found on RCPowers.com.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:37 PM
richard hanson is offline
Find More Posts by richard hanson
Registered User
richard hanson's Avatar
The film I use is the cheapest $ store variety (the thinnest I found )
use Elmer's spray glue -(in your local Walmart )
this model weighs 30 gms inc battery and has 153 square inch area.
on elevons you need the surfaces to be far apart to get roll control


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pictures: When planes were able to show off, at air shows Patrick Plawner Life, The Universe, and Politics 172 Dec 10, 2014 05:31 PM
Cool Show off your Parkzone Micro P-51!!! P-51C Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 938 Nov 20, 2012 07:49 PM
Discussion Show us those planes you really need to replace! JimTMich Parkflyers 8 Apr 26, 2012 12:05 PM
Discussion Show off those home made camera gimbals! ben1101 Aerial Photography 2 Jul 22, 2009 08:11 PM