Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Mar 27, 2011, 06:46 PM
Firefox
Firefox675's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anestetico
My JXD 990 stopped recording, it records to an inexistent file, I have 2 old broken movies on it, tried to reset, format and use esternal memory card but it won't record nothing

does the emprex exist only for uk customers?

I ordered an Emprex from the UK to the US from an eBay seller..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Mar 28, 2011, 05:07 AM
Registered User
Timmsy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anestetico
My JXD 990 stopped recording, it records to an inexistent file, I have 2 old broken movies on it, tried to reset, format and use esternal memory card but it won't record nothing

does the emprex exist only for uk customers?

Got one in the mail from here

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EMPREX-OTG-ID...item3cb3f36b24
Mar 28, 2011, 05:43 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
lovegroove's Avatar
If enough people outside the UK wanted one, I could probably try to arrange a group buy of the Emprex units (I'd have to check with my mum first, because it would be her doing the work, but I'm sure she would be OK with it). If I ordered 6 units, it would be free shipping to my UK address and then onward shipping could be done at cost. One has just been put in the post to Switzerland today and shipping was £5.83. I suppose that it would still be less than £10 to ship to the rest of the world, so looking at ~ £16-20 to get one of these units. Small 20 Gig IDE drives can be found really cheap on ebay for not much money, so probably less than £40 total investment for a recorder that works reasonable well.
Mar 28, 2011, 06:26 AM
Registered FPVer :)
markus123456's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove
One has just been put in the post to Switzerland today and shipping was £5.83.
And this is going to be mine!!!! :-) Thank you!

Markus
Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 PM
zea
zea
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen
uh oh, just did another test and this time it did not record the static. It did continue to record a still image during the static and kicked back in when picture returned though. In this video I started recording, then unplugged tx at 27 seconds, then I counted to 30 trying to guess 30 seconds and plugged back in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpk7TJSTkcc
the vid looks ok.
great information.
Mar 30, 2011, 04:45 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Could anyone tell me what is the approx MB of a 10 minute recording on a Emprex BRP-101.
I ask this as I would like to know what size hard drive I could get away with. Small= cheaper.
Mar 30, 2011, 08:19 AM
NDw
NDw
Registered User
About 50mb per 10 mins. So a few gig hd should be plenty.
Mar 30, 2011, 11:35 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw
About 50mb per 10 mins. So a few gig hd should be plenty.
Thanks for that. I have a 5gig in an old laptop that should do the job then.
Mar 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
Firefox
Firefox675's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw
About 50mb per 10 mins. So a few gig hd should be plenty.
Anyone try a SD adapter instead of a HD in an Emprex ?
Mar 30, 2011, 12:07 PM
NDw
NDw
Registered User
I didn't. I did try this with an old ipod harddrive but couldn't get it to work. I think the ipod drive may have been fried though.
Mar 31, 2011, 02:29 AM
Registered User
mr.utopia's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox675
Anyone try a SD adapter instead of a HD in an Emprex ?
From what I found, SD to IDE adapters are slow. Week ago I ordered CF (compactflash) to IDE adapter. When I receive it I will install it in my Emprex and let you know about the results.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:27 AM
Pat K
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove
If enough people outside the UK wanted one, I could probably try to arrange a group buy of the Emprex units (I'd have to check with my mum first, because it would be her doing the work, but I'm sure she would be OK with it). If I ordered 6 units, it would be free shipping to my UK address and then onward shipping could be done at cost. One has just been put in the post to Switzerland today and shipping was £5.83. I suppose that it would still be less than £10 to ship to the rest of the world, so looking at ~ £16-20 to get one of these units. Small 20 Gig IDE drives can be found really cheap on ebay for not much money, so probably less than £40 total investment for a recorder that works reasonable well.
I am interested in getting one as well. I am french and living in NL. How can we proceed?
Pat
Last edited by Papat; Mar 31, 2011 at 03:42 AM.
Mar 31, 2011, 03:45 AM
http://drone-pilot.blogspot.fr
lovegroove's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papat
I am interested in getting one as well. I am french and living in NL. How can we proceed?
Pat
I can add you to the list. There's only one other person on it at the moment, so would need another 4 before I could get free shipping to my UK address.
Mar 31, 2011, 04:07 AM
Pat K
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegroove
I can add you to the list. There's only one other person on it at the moment, so would need another 4 before I could get free shipping to my UK address.
I'm ready to pay for the shipping within UK and to NL as well. There are only 8 units on stock. I'm afraid more than 2 will disapear before we get 6 people interested.
Pat
Mar 31, 2011, 09:25 AM
Firefox
Firefox675's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.utopia
From what I found, SD to IDE adapters are slow. Week ago I ordered CF (compactflash) to IDE adapter. When I receive it I will install it in my Emprex and let you know about the results.

Actually I was thinking SDHC cards. I should have been more specific.

Below is what I found on SD card transfer speeds....


"SD memory cards can transfer data at a maximum speed of 2Mb (megabits) per second. SDHC cards are rated in three different speed classes. A "Class 2" SDHC card can transfer data at a rate of 2Mb per second. A "Class 4" SDHC card can transfer data at a rate of 4Mb per second, and a "Class 6" SDHC card can transfer data at a rate of 6Mb per second."

But please post your findings...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Which portable video recording device? al_b FPV Talk 6 Feb 28, 2007 11:03 PM
Discussion Recycle any battery or portable electronic device. willhaney Batteries and Chargers 3 Dec 21, 2006 03:27 PM
Onboard Recording / Telemetry Device - Suggestions? LoopZilla Micro Helis 27 Jun 01, 2005 10:23 PM
Throttle usage recording device CloudyBright DIY Electronics 3 Dec 16, 2004 07:51 PM
Interesting Portable Photo Storage Device Randy Due Aerial Photography 12 Apr 11, 2004 03:29 AM