Nov 21, 2009, 09:42 AM
Thread OP
Well, I've been hearing a lot of good reviews about dpcav.com so I think that I might use this site.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2009, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrape
Here was my first plan
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1120799

However, I will be switching my video tx from 2.4 Ghz to 900 mhz, and I might cut the power to 500 mw instead of 1000 mw.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1145719
Nov 21, 2009, 10:05 AM
I guess I was the one starting ,sorry

I'm going flying, I'll check out tonite.

Good Luck.
Nov 21, 2009, 10:53 AM
Suspended Account
try a phone call, instead.

It will be worth it just to get a better feeling of how good they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle7119
Well, I've been hearing a lot of good reviews about dpcav.com so I think that I might use this site.
Nov 21, 2009, 11:19 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Wade over at www.futurehobbies.com is a good guy
Nov 21, 2009, 11:20 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickegan
Wade over at www.futurehobbies.com is a good guy
if you have the patience for him
Nov 22, 2009, 10:58 AM
Looks like you've done enough research to make a informed deccision.
Check this EZ* out
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=948620

I went with a EZ* for my first FPV then switch to a GWS Slow Stick. I think the SS was easier to learn on without a spotter. You take your eyes off a EZ* for any amount of time and it's gone.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=635
Nov 22, 2009, 02:32 PM
Mums the word.
Just ordered from range video
goggles
1000mw 2.4 tx
14dbi patch
Everything was new and in perfect working order.
Took 4 days to get to me.
Recommend Range Video.
I plan on buying from dpcav.com
Nov 22, 2009, 08:41 PM
well about a year or so ago my wife and i drove back from las vegas.
we headed north through the dessert. we stopped for a break at the only intersection that we came to. Let the dog out and i fired up my maxi swift fpv.
full power climb is vertical. I leveled off after about a minute, to high to see from the ground. I flew around for a couple of minutes and then dove straight at the ground and landed packed up and we were on our way north again.
maybe 5-10 minutes on the road and we noticed 2 f15 strike eagles heading south. they were over head seconds after we had spotted them. they were moving fast enough and low enough for us to feel the sonic bomb from the pass.
coincidence or not.
the other day we were having dinner after a SAR training and the topic ended up on the table. the comm guys reminded me that someone monitors every frequency all the time. and that it could have been a routine flight in the dessert, or that I more then likely cause the jets to be scambled as we were close to area 51.
Stress or something to be aware of ?
I did record some video but the flight was very short and only straight up.
I am going to check out goggle earth to see if i can notice were we stopped.
Nov 22, 2009, 09:32 PM
Fishie

My two cents.

I was extremely happy with Zoltan at NGHobbies. His customer service was second to none. I highly recommend him.

RV never returned my emails while Zoltan on the other hand went out of his way to answer all concerns and questions that I had prior to purchasing. His superior customer service is what made the sale for me.

In all fairness, other than RV, I have not yet done business with the other FPV sites out there.
Nov 22, 2009, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by videocruzer
well about a year or so ago my wife and i drove back from las vegas.
we headed north through the dessert. we stopped for a break at the only intersection that we came to. Let the dog out and i fired up my maxi swift fpv.
full power climb is vertical. I leveled off after about a minute, to high to see from the ground. I flew around for a couple of minutes and then dove straight at the ground and landed packed up and we were on our way north again.
maybe 5-10 minutes on the road and we noticed 2 f15 strike eagles heading south. they were over head seconds after we had spotted them. they were moving fast enough and low enough for us to feel the sonic bomb from the pass.
coincidence or not.
the other day we were having dinner after a SAR training and the topic ended up on the table. the comm guys reminded me that someone monitors every frequency all the time. and that it could have been a routine flight in the dessert, or that I more then likely cause the jets to be scambled as we were close to area 51.
Stress or something to be aware of ?
I did record some video but the flight was very short and only straight up.
I am going to check out goggle earth to see if i can notice were we stopped.
It's dangerous! maybe they think u are a spy or something.
Nov 22, 2009, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbone4u
I was extremely happy with Zoltan at NGHobbies. His customer service was second to none. I highly recommend him.

RV never returned my emails while Zoltan on the other hand went out of his way to answer all concerns and questions that I had prior to purchasing. His superior customer service is what made the sale for me.

In all fairness, other than RV, I have not yet done business with the other FPV sites out there.
Yes, nghobbies is a good choice.
But I think the market is still lack of good FPV shop, we need more professional FPV shop.
Dec 09, 2009, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
+1 hobbywireless.com

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1155973
Dec 09, 2009, 04:29 PM
Challenging Convention
just got my goggles from futurehobbies, all good, all working and no major probs with shipping times.. DPCAV - brilliant, got it within 4 days and that was shipping to UK from US... which is good... And they have a great range of stuff... Subject to where you live, i got most of my "other stuff" like twinstar II and loads of other cool stuff from RobotBirds, motors & ESC from BRCHobbies and my DX201 Camera from RangeVideo (don't ask!!)...

As you can see from above, it's not the kind of hobby where you just walk into a shop with £3000 and say "fpv plane please"... But i find the shopping around and seeing all the different places have slightly different takes on what's usefull and what's not... some places i actually get inspiration from as i see a product being sold that i hadnt considered a use for until seeing it...

Oh, and Video Tx / Diversity Rx / antennas and some other stuff from BlackwidowAV, who i've never had any probs with and i first bought stuff from them for AP like 4 years ago+..

Cheers

Andy
Dec 09, 2009, 04:52 PM
Born to Live - Live to Fly !
I've gotten GREAT service from NGHobbies, Hobby Wireless and DPCAV.

Pretty good service from Future Hobbies but not always the quickest to ship.

And in spite of all the comments about Range Video I personally have gotten great service and quick shipping from them.

Quick Reply