The rule of law applies to politicians as well... - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Nov 20, 2009, 07:44 AM
Official Old Git!
Discussion

The rule of law applies to politicians as well...


Looks like the UK government has lost it's sixth attempt at playing keeping secrets.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...est?CMP=AFCYAH
Nov 20, 2009, 02:22 PM
Useful Idiot
When the court sends the bailiffs to the Foreign Office, I might believe you
Nov 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
It makes not a hill of beans what the lawyers say - if the Home Office/FO - whatever......want to do or not do something they will - they'll just trot out the 'National Security' card and stick two fingers up as usual!

We're never told the truth - governments once elected don't feel they can trust their electorate with the facts!
Nov 22, 2009, 05:14 PM
Official Old Git!
Hmmm... well you never know, there may be a chance that Blair gets smacked for the Iraq invasion... http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-up?CMP=AFCYAH

Will watch with interest!
Nov 22, 2009, 06:05 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
patrickegan's Avatar
Do you guys lay everything off on Brown like we do with Bush?
Nov 22, 2009, 06:35 PM
Low, slow and dirty
N.A. -I like the way people think war comes with a set of rules Policeman come with a set of rules. People don't realize army's are made for one purpose and it should stay that way. Our enemy doesn't play by a set of rules, do they. How can one concieve to tie our solders right arm down and ask them to lay their life on the line.

Maybe, if we played to win this would of been over years ago. It's turned out to be another vietnam because of politics. Our enemy is bleeding us making it cost dearly in lives, blood and money.


As far as politicians following rules. They don't, never did and never will.
Last edited by jumpinjo; Nov 22, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
Nov 22, 2009, 11:38 PM
Useful Idiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by j. marquis
N.A. -I like the way people think war comes with a set of rules Policeman come with a set of rules. People don't realize army's are made for one purpose and it should stay that way. Our enemy doesn't play by a set of rules, do they. How can one concieve to tie our solders right arm down and ask them to lay their life on the line.

Maybe, if we played to win this would of been over years ago. It's turned out to be another vietnam because of politics. Our enemy is bleeding us making it cost dearly in lives, blood and money.


As far as politicians following rules. They don't, never did and never will.
You shouldn't be denying one of tour own countries outstanding achievenents, The Lieber Code.
Nov 23, 2009, 02:30 AM
Sloping off....
leccyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman Adlam
Hmmm... well you never know, there may be a chance that Blair gets smacked for the Iraq invasion... http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...-up?CMP=AFCYAH

Will watch with interest!
Missed this yesterday. Well, well, well, it looks like there might be at least a slight chance of some chickens coming home to roost. I'll only really believe it when it happens though.
Nov 23, 2009, 04:10 AM
Registered User
ENGINETORQUE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickegan
Do you guys lay everything off on Brown like we do with Bush?
Brown is just a buffoon stumbling though his premiership - he was neither elected nor selected by the electorate - Blair carries some flak for his lapdog reputation!
Nov 23, 2009, 04:45 AM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by j. marquis
N.A. -I like the way people think war comes with a set of rules Policeman come with a set of rules. People don't realize army's are made for one purpose and it should stay that way. Our enemy doesn't play by a set of rules, do they. How can one concieve to tie our solders right arm down and ask them to lay their life on the line.

Maybe, if we played to win this would of been over years ago. It's turned out to be another vietnam because of politics. Our enemy is bleeding us making it cost dearly in lives, blood and money.


As far as politicians following rules. They don't, never did and never will.
j.marquis,

Actually there are rules regarding war - and the US has signed up to them. They are called the Geneva Convention.

Without such a framework then everything goes, and there are no comebacks - so murder of civilians etc would then be perfectly acceptable.
Do you honestly believe that you wish to condone atrocities (on either side) ? Or would you prefer to just feel righteously indignant at numbers of women raped, families slaughtered and stacks of children's bodies?

It's 'fine' when you think you are going to win - but suddenly not so fine when you start to see all of the bodies of your people being laid out!
Is 'winning' (whatever that is) then is more important that dead people - on both sides?

So, yes, I believe there should be 'rules' and responsibilities. Especially when the only reason for having a war is due to political failure!


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion State law or Federal law? 56S Life, The Universe, and Politics 27 Oct 07, 2009 11:13 AM
Discussion new, or am i late on this one as well?? tomme21 Foamy EDFs 2 Sep 26, 2009 09:22 PM
Discussion Define "fly" (as it applies to bricks). Rusty-Gunn Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 150 Sep 13, 2009 04:12 PM
Question Does a Well-Used ESC work as well as a New One FlyingW Power Systems 2 Jun 11, 2007 09:42 AM
Mini-HowTo New Blade CX help page (most of it applies to lama 2 as well) dacaur Coaxial Helicopters 14 Mar 10, 2006 09:28 PM