Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Nov 20, 2009, 03:02 AM
Precise and powerful
AEORC's Avatar
Cool

The newest testing data for AEO 30mm ducted fan.


ADF30-100:

Motor:ADH100 9040kv

Testing datas:

7.0V 8.8A 76g thrust 53160rpm
7.4V 9.6A 84g thrust 55400rpm
8.0V 10.8A 96g thrust 59280rpm
8.4V 11.6A 104g thrust 61300rpm
9.0V 12.6A 116g thrust 64900rpm
9.5V 13.4A 124g thrust 63700rpm
10V 14.5A 134g thrust 70000rpm
10.5V 15.4A 144g thrust 72000rpm
11.1V 17A 156g thrust 75500rpm
12.6V 24A 170g thrust 78000rpm

The motor is on debugging,the thrust on 2S will be continued to increase.
I think it will be ready to the market next month.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 20, 2009, 03:42 AM
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar
Mmmmmm! Can't wait to order 2 of these...I have bought from AMA the plans of David Ramsey Boeing 727.It will be the perfect fan for that plane,because I can make the engines nacelles to look scale.Maybe 3 ,for increase a little bit thrust
Nov 20, 2009, 07:20 AM
F7X
F7X
Faster!
F7X's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Dream View Post
Mmmmmm! Can't wait to order 2 of these...I have bought from AMA the plans of David Ramsey Boeing 727.It will be the perfect fan for that plane,because I can make the engines nacelles to look scale.Maybe 3 ,for increase a little bit thrust
Oh ya, that would be awesome!

Although, if you ran 3 on 2s, you'd draw 28.8amps. For decent flight times you'd want to run an 1800 to 2100. That's getting kinda heavy, plus your only looking at 8.8oz of thrust wide open.
Last edited by F7X; Nov 20, 2009 at 07:25 AM.
Nov 20, 2009, 09:06 AM
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar
yeap! you're right!
Nov 20, 2009, 09:16 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Dream View Post
Mmmmmm! Can't wait to order 2 of these...I have bought from AMA the plans of David Ramsey Boeing 727.It will be the perfect fan for that plane,because I can make the engines nacelles to look scale.Maybe 3 ,for increase a little bit thrust
I agree. Give the addition of a No. 2 (3rd) engine some additional thought. The addition would require a "S Duct". The added complication of this duct, as efficient as it could be made, is a drawback considering the added weight (EDF unit, battery weight and ESC) and the effect on the wing loading.

Looks like the thrust of this fan operating on a 2S battery will give the same thrust as the stock brushed GWS-EDF-50, however the Amp load is doubled.

When considering a small scale like nacelle, keep in mind the FSA as the tail duct exit diameter may need to be around 90%. I was able to reduce the tail duct exit diameter for the brushed motor and gain thrust while only a bit more Amp draw, but not for the Feigao brushless motor. I found that reducing the duct exit diameter for brushless increased the Amp draw without improving thrust.

At a 13oz flying weight with 6oz of thrust, the 727 will cruise at 1/2 power. I feel she won't mind a bit more (2oz) weight along with more power to cruise. She'll just fly faster.
Nov 20, 2009, 10:19 AM
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar
Thanks Mr Ramsey!
Nov 20, 2009, 12:09 PM
Registered User
You're welcome.

Be happy to help out during the build, which includes cussing me out for the some what delicate construction. Flys pretty nice.
Nov 20, 2009, 12:42 PM
2dogrc's Avatar
For a local dealer, we will be carrying these motors as well as other fans from AEORC.

www.2dogrc.com
Nov 20, 2009, 01:29 PM
Registered User
Dr Kiwi's Avatar
At 0.56 to 1.23g/W... you are not getting much bang for your buck... and with maximum thrust 170g... how much does the 4s pack capable of delivering 24A weigh!

Must be mighty good bearings to cope with 78,000rpm... 300W thru a tiny motor...and with a push-on cheap plastic impeller too.
Nov 20, 2009, 01:37 PM
3 holes are better than twoo!
727Dream's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Ramsey View Post
You're welcome.

Be happy to help out during the build, which includes cussing me out for the some what delicate construction. Flys pretty nice.
Thanks again.The "little" 727 will be a winter project.In fact it will be a "bigger brother" wich will be made.Slow progress,because of making CAD plans,and I'm not a master in design.At 3 meters w/s,it's a lot of work.But the little one,made after your plans,will calm-down my dream about flying this beauty (by the way,I dreamed to fly a 727 in my life,wasn't possible because Romanian fleet never owned this type)
Nov 20, 2009, 01:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
motor...and with a push-on cheap plastic impeller too.

I'm not to crazy about the amps vs. thrust.
Nov 20, 2009, 01:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 727Dream View Post
Thanks again.The "little" 727 will be a winter project.In fact it will be a "bigger brother" wich will be made.Slow progress,because of making CAD plans,and I'm not a master in design.At 3 meters w/s,it's a lot of work.But the little one,made after your plans,will calm-down my dream about flying this beauty (by the way,I dreamed to fly a 727 in my life,wasn't possible because Romanian fleet never owned this type)
I envy your CAD ability, especially for changes. I can certainly dream of a little left or right seat time, once around the pattern.
Nov 20, 2009, 01:56 PM
2dogrc's Avatar
I don't think it is a screw. If it is similar to the 30mm 12500KV fans we have, that is a cooling hole.

2dogrc
Nov 20, 2009, 02:04 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogrc View Post
I don't think it is a screw. If it is similar to the 30mm 12500KV fans we have, that is a cooling hole.

2dogrc
Wouldn't a cooling hole need an exit ? That KV is a little scary for me.
Nov 20, 2009, 06:22 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
derk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Ramsey View Post
Wouldn't a cooling hole need an exit ? That KV is a little scary for me.
the exit would be at the back of the hub where the motor is located. since its not a long shaft motor, the rotor is right on top of the motor. so the air is rammed right into and over the motor.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale F 16 Ducted Fan For Sale or Trade norberto83 Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 Jul 30, 2012 03:06 PM
Cool What thrust can be provided by the 30mm/40mm ducted fan??? AEORC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 44 Jul 01, 2011 01:30 PM
Cool 30mm ducted fan,2 cell lipos,110g thrust! AEORC Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 49 Dec 18, 2009 07:06 PM
Discussion Testing Ducted fan performance carl rich Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 5 Dec 23, 2006 07:22 PM