Nov 21, 2009, 01:37 PM
Registered FFF Addict
I don't know what would make you think that... just because I like fatties and I want to build everything I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan
Thanks for staying on top of this one Richard
Larry I had my suspicions that you would want to build this one once you saw it
You know I was thinking that a more scale model could be adapted from this design, Just add length to the fuse and larger wings. but the fattie really does look cool I was just thinking out loud.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2009, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueTitan
Thanks for staying on top of this one Richard
Larry I had my suspicions that you would want to build this one once you saw it
You know I was thinking that a more scale model could be adapted from this design, Just add length to the fuse and larger wings. but the fattie really does look cool I was just thinking out loud.
hey titan,.. I am actually working on a more scale-like Dehavilland Dash-8 twin engine all 3mm depron,..check my blog for updates,.. when you look at the drawing (screen capture) keep in mind that the side view of the cockpit section is 4 inches high
Nov 21, 2009, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn
He has a Zero, P-51 and wondeful BF-109.
ummm .. Where? please.
Nov 21, 2009, 03:49 PM
Dleep
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPIoW
ey has given me permission to publish his design as a single page and as a CAD file so I will do that really soon. I have asked a chinese friend to translate the chinese for him so I will add english notes.

I got sidetracked by ey's delightful 737 - my next fattie design needs no additional cartoon input as it was pretty bizar in its time - a 1920's Bristol racer. The prototype was very unstable and only had 8 flights but what a shape perfect for the fattie approach. ! I have decided to adopt ey's approach to the fusalage panels though very neat so back to the CAD system for a spell

Richard
Richard
I had the same Idea on the Bristol Racer. Great minds!
Also liked this one.
Nov 21, 2009, 03:52 PM
Dleep
I think I found my fatty pictures on RC groups, Can't find them again.
Anyone have a bunch to post or a thread to find them?
Dleep
Nov 22, 2009, 12:48 AM
My plans are in my blog
Some of the planes made by Ey. I love the Bf-109.
Nov 22, 2009, 01:09 AM
7up
7up
,ɯǝ ʇoƃ ɐʎ ɟı ,ɯǝ ǝʞoɯs
The 109 and the P51 are too cool!
Nov 22, 2009, 10:15 AM
Scratchbuild n00b.
Where'd you come across that pic Rusty? Those are some amazing models.
Nov 22, 2009, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ey0927399
Hi ~ everybody:
I am a new person here, I come from Taiwan, recently liked on the cartoon fattie planes, shared some my work, this referred to the Boeing 737 designs, hoped that you will like, it really can fly ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_BfO3t4lF4

Hi ey0927399

There are two things i love about your plane and Video.
The first is offcourse your beautifull, funny, nice flying plane.
The other is that when you are videoing there are some life around.
By that i mean that there are birds flying.
anyway loved your work, and the place you filmed.

Good Luck
Last edited by MyMove; Nov 22, 2009 at 11:00 AM.
Nov 22, 2009, 04:51 PM
My plans are in my blog
Skyline... Ey gave me a link to his blog on another site.
http://blog.yam.com/rcflying
Nov 22, 2009, 05:55 PM
D'oh.. Dumb Left Thumb
Seriously wacky
Nov 22, 2009, 08:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPIoW
ey has given me permission to publish his design as a single page and as a CAD file so I will do that really soon. I have asked a chinese friend to translate the chinese for him so I will add english notes.

I got sidetracked by ey's delightful 737 - my next fattie design needs no additional cartoon input as it was pretty bizar in its time - a 1920's Bristol racer. The prototype was very unstable and only had 8 flights but what a shape perfect for the fattie approach. ! I have decided to adopt ey's approach to the fusalage panels though very neat so back to the CAD system for a spell

Richard
Richard,
I hope this file is useful to you,
it is Q737's dwg file plan~also made by my Taiwan friend.
Last edited by ey0927399; Nov 23, 2009 at 04:15 AM.
Nov 22, 2009, 09:22 PM
My plans are in my blog
I'd say Ey0927399 is the new cartoon king here. His stuff is excellent, and they fly, as shown in the vids. simply awesome. I lookforward to any new builds he sahes with us, and would like to learn more of his building techniques as related to design style.
Nov 22, 2009, 10:22 PM
I agree! Ey0927399 your work is amazing,.. I noticed you had a F-5 or F-20 on your website that was awesome!,.. your Japanese zero was awesome too!,.. if you ever share those please let me know!,.. thank you for inspiring us with beautiful work!
Nov 22, 2009, 10:34 PM
Registered FFF Addict
Ey... I can't open the dwg file. What CAD was it written with? I am using AutoShetch which is an AotoDesk product it can read dwg files.

Quick Reply