May 24, 2011, 09:10 PM
Is it possible to calculate my reaction time from this?

to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2011, 10:23 PM
APC 11x4.7?
May 24, 2011, 11:08 PM
10x4.5 marked GF
Aug 09, 2011, 11:36 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
you are NOT stronger than your quadcopter.... This is damage on my right arm. My left arm was holding the quad to the table while I calibrated my radio. I made sure the FC was disarmed but in this mode throttle is active. Even holding the quad down, It snapped up and I was lucky to throw my arm up to protect my face.

This isnt my first scar from a quad either. Be careful folks

Sep 06, 2011, 03:39 AM
UP!UP!UP!

it bit me, be carefull!

Hi there!

after a lot of testing and building i had the guts for a maiden. checked doublechecked Pre flight check checker the check. armed motors and dont ask me how, but somehow i managed to let the propellor touch my arm.

but i flies now!
IMG 2366 1 (0 min 47 sec)
Last edited by ditalles; Sep 06, 2011 at 03:47 AM.
Sep 30, 2011, 02:06 PM
Man i thought i was alone. I was tuning my Quad after upgraded the board to KK firmware v4.7. I didn't know that 4.7 required different tuning. I was planning to test the gain with the new firmware, so i lift the quad with my hand from the top(holding the middle part) and all of sudden the front motor ran into full blast while the other 3 motor was normal. I got hit from the left motor at about 50% throttle because the thrust is soo strong that the frame was pitching up. I was lucky i only got hit from the top of the spining blade not the side or otherwise i would have gotten a really nasty slices on my arm. Still the injury was enough but doesn't require stitches (i got about 8 thin parallel slices on my arm which hurt like hell because if really close to the skin. I didn't touch my quad for 5 days after that because of the trauma, and the fear of turning on the quad is still inside me until now.
Sep 30, 2011, 06:22 PM
This thread is a good reminder for people who have been flying for a bit like me. At first I was a bit terrified of my quad... even my first few tiny ones. But I've become a bit safety lazy with my larger ones now... a bit too familiar I think. It's good to remind myself what those blades I hover a few feet from my face can do...

Ben.
Oct 01, 2011, 06:20 AM
Fellow gun owners/carriers will recognize these:

The Four Rules of Quad Safety
1. Keep the quad pointed in a safe direction (i.e. leaning over it is not a good idea).
2. Every quad is armed unless you check it yourself.
3. Keep your finger off the throttle unless you're ready to fly.
4. Be sure of your flying area (people, traffic, trees, ceiling, HV lines, etc).
Oct 02, 2011, 12:40 PM

APC 10x45 WOT

Please Please remove props when working on your copter. If this can prevent one person from the pain, the humiliation is worth it. My wife who has been a nurse for 15 years said it is one of the worst lacerations she has seen. The doctor had to use a blood pressure cuff to stop the bleeding in order to stitch it. Its all the way to the bone.
Oct 02, 2011, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spin_Doctor
Please Please remove props when working on your copter. If this can prevent one person from the pain, the humiliation is worth it. My wife who has been a nurse for 15 years said it is one of the worst lacerations she has seen. The doctor had to use a blood pressure cuff to stop the bleeding in order to stitch it. Its all the way to the bone.
Ouch! Why did it go WOT?
Oct 16, 2011, 09:24 PM
Add another injury to the list.....Didnt realize how many people get bit by these things.
Be Safe Guys

Props are sharp...Semi graphic photos
Oct 16, 2011, 10:12 PM
I feel your pain lol
Jan 17, 2012, 06:23 PM
RCG Admin
Here's my photos from January 5th. Read the full story here http://blog.hobby-lobby.com/wing-wor...raphic-photos/

Jason Cole
Jan 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
Boy, there sure is a common theme here. I have been guilty of testing/setup with props on. Not anymore! Thanks for the post and thread. Just a good reminder that these things can be dangerous. How do I know, well this was my mishap with my Raptor 50 Electric Heli a few years ago in the backyard while testing out a new some new components, including new 600mm Carbon Fiber Blades. In brief I gave it right stick to come back to me to avoid crashing into the bushes. It was on top of me in a split second. Felt like I got hit by a bat and it kept hitting me as a turned and rolled away. I was trapped because of a retaining wall behind me. Raced to OR for 3 hours of reconstructive plastic surgery to repair deep tissue and nerve damage. MM from taking my eye out and inches from slicing my neck open. Very lucky. Must have respect for these things!!!
Jan 19, 2012, 09:02 PM
Suspended Account
here is my thumb. baby wound compared to you guys but it hurt like hell and blood went everywhere! I think i hit a vein. it is 4-6mm deep. did not cut through nail but cut through tip of thumb.

Bruising has set in. This incident happened 28 hours and 20 minutes ago.

Quick Reply