Mar 09, 2010, 09:50 AM

Thank You!

Thank You, Mark and all the San Angelo Club for a fun weekend! It's always great fun to come to San Angelo.

Cookie Monster
to remove ads between posts
Mar 09, 2010, 11:00 AM
Hovering my 85" Katana

Daniel Rathbun - Team Futaba

TINY is a great place to shoot video, this is a nice video piloted by Daniel Rathbun with my new indoor/outdoor design, "Cheap Trick" by BudgetRC.com

Daniel Rathbun with "Cheap Trick"

Robert Youens
Mar 09, 2010, 05:14 PM
Stoner

Great Time

What a great time, not surprised. Mark you and the club members did a great job. Already looking forward to next year, we've got a great punch of pilots to fly with. and now we can look forward to the S P E f in Plainview.
thanks again

Dave
Mar 09, 2010, 06:31 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stoner
What a great time, not surprised. Mark you and the club members did a great job. Already looking forward to next year, we've got a great punch of pilots to fly with. and now we can look forward to the S P E f in Plainview.
thanks again

Dave
Attaboy Dave!!!
Mar 09, 2010, 07:59 PM
Silicon/poker/chocolate chips
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Stoner
and now we can look forward to the S P E f in Plainview.
SPEF in Plainview? Please provide details if this is an upcoming event (and not just an inside joke...).

I would also like to add a hearty "Thank you" for a GREAT time at TINY. I will be back next year. I have never had so much fun while flying planes as I did during the balloon pop and survivor events.
Mar 09, 2010, 09:04 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Geek
SPEF in Plainview? Please provide details if this is an upcoming event (and not just an inside joke...).

I would also like to add a hearty "Thank you" for a GREAT time at TINY. I will be back next year. I have never had so much fun while flying planes as I did during the balloon pop and survivor events.
Chip, the SPEF Fly-In is late next month, but the exact weekend I am unsure of. It is a 3 day indoor event in the Ollie Liner Center in Plainview. Lots of fun, and lots of air time too!

Message R&RRC and he can fill you in as I don't think he has put up a thread yet!

Mark
Mar 09, 2010, 10:40 PM
Fly lower!

F3P-A videos have been posted

The F3P-A videos have now been posted.

Here is the post link:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=219

aerolite
Mar 09, 2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Geek
Chip, thanks for asking. SPEF Fly-In Thread is Posted Now!

San Angelo RC, Great event and venue, guys. Britton and I had a wonderful time. Thanks for the hospitality and fellowship. We had just left San Angelo and Uh Huh wanted to know when we were coming back. He must have had a good time. Y'all come to SPEF in April.

Thanks to everyone,
Royce
Mar 09, 2010, 11:26 PM
Fly lower!
Mark and the San Angelo club: as usual, it was the West Texas premier event! Food was excellent, flying was as good as it gets, and the raffle was the best it's ever been!

I had a great time visiting, and competing in the contests. I know first hand how much work it takes to host a venue of this size, and you guys always do an excellent job of putting together one of the largest, and most enjoyable venues in Texas!

This becomes obvious when you look at how many folks came from out-of-state!

Keep up the good work, and keep the events coming. (how about 2 a year?)

Thanks again for the great time had by all,

aerolite
Mar 10, 2010, 01:03 PM
Lost in the Sky
Mark and Angelo RC,

Thanks for putting on the best indoor event I have ever been to. Tom and I have been to Toledo's indoor event and the amount of fun people have at TINY puts that one to shame. I convinced several of my friends to become first time TINY attendees and they had a great time. I'm looking forward to next year.

Richard
Mar 10, 2010, 01:08 PM
Lost in the Sky

Tom Blakeney's Lockheed P2V Neptune

Tom built this model from 3mm depron and powers it with two GWS direct drive brushed motors. The dark blue disappears against the sea of blue seats and the plane looks like a formation of fluorescent red pieces flying through the shadows.
Mar 10, 2010, 01:16 PM
Lost in the Sky

Mike Connally's Dyke Delta

The Dyke Delta is an all metal homebuilt aircraft. Mike's interpretation is Blucore and depron and does manouvers the real pilots can only dream about. It easily does flat spins that would have the pilots head flattened against the inside of the cockpit.

There are a bunch of construction pictures of a full scale one here: http://www.eaa27.org/projects/maher/index.php
Mar 10, 2010, 01:25 PM
Lost in the Sky

Ernest Butler's Fokker D-VII

Ernest's large Fokker D-VII is fabricated from 3mm depron with carbon tube spars. The wing ribs are 6mm depron and there is some balsa for mounting blind nuts for nylon bolts for attaching the four wing panels.
Mar 10, 2010, 01:39 PM
Lost in the Sky

Richard Ng's SAAB SK-37 Viggen

I have always been a Viggen fan but it seems to be an aircraft left out by most kit and arf manufacturers. The only way for me to get one was to make one myself. Mine is modeled after the two seat SK-37 that has an extra cockpit and a taller fin. It is built from 6mm depron and powered by a 1500kv Blue Wonder outrunner. Tom did the test flights on it and found that it has great low speed high alpha capabilities. I plan to have landing gear on it later and for now it lands on the belly tank.
Mar 10, 2010, 01:52 PM
Lost in the Sky

Richard Ng's Goblin

My Goblin is a prop in the slot characature model of the McDonnell XF-85 Goblin parasite figher that was carred in the bomb bay of a Convair B-36. Remaining examples of both of these aircraft are in the new Cold War Wing of the National Museum of the US Air Force at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.

It is built from 6mm depron with flat carbon reinforcement. The ring is made from two laminations of .02 carbon sheet molded against the inside of a piece of acrylic tubing.

Quick Reply