Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by albertm99

Boards & firmware

Hi.

Simple question. I have a HK KK V2.1 board: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ega168PA_.html

Now is working well with Kaptenkuk 1.6 for tricopter.
Can I install this software on it: http://www.kkmulticopter.kr/index.ht...a=xxcontroller or it's only for XXcontrol Blue board?

I tried: XXcontroller_KR_v2.9 & XXcontroller_KR_v2.5 and looks that nothink work (red led on all time).

Thanks.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:31 AM
Find More Posts by zappygon
hey guys can i am using the kkmulticopter redboard atmega48. I am trying to build bicopter, using the software power tower. and how do i connect everything together? I have two motors connected to the ESCs. and servos and the kkboard and Futaba R617FS receiver.

I have connected throttle from kkboard to the channel3. the two servos to the channel 1 and 2. ESCs to the kkboard and ESC to the battery. I am able to control the servos with the joystick of the transmitter. But the motors doesnt spin and keeps giving single beep sound.
Anybody can help me ?
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:06 PM
Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Gaftopher
You need to calibrate your speed controllers, do that without propellers on the motors. Try powering things up with the throttle open and you might enter a programming mode.

Once again, propellers off
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:44 PM
Find More Posts by zappygon
i am having a weird situation. I downloaded the power tower for korean redboard without 4kb flash from the flashtool. and i cant get my motors to both spin together at the same time when i connect the motors to MOTOR 1 and MOTOR 2.
But when i connect the motors to MOTOR 1 and MOTOR 3, both is able to spin at the same time. But is it okay for me to do this ?

The reason why i dont put it at MOTOR 2 is it will give beeps only.

can anyone explain what tuning is for ? dont really get it
Last edited by zappygon; Oct 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Just a quick question,

is it normal that motors spin up in "turn" when applying throttle? When throttle is at around 30% all motors spin.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by Steveis
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Just a quick question,

is it normal that motors spin up in "turn" when applying throttle? When throttle is at around 30% all motors spin.
Yes, this is normal. You then need to use your trims to get it level when in a hover.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Stigern
Registered Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveis View Post
Yes, this is normal. You then need to use your trims to get it level when in a hover.
Ah, got it sorted out now. thanks =)

Love this forum!

X525 V3 ARF - First "liftoff" (0 min 26 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:17 PM
Find More Posts by leverpostei
Ok, i am new to this and i was wondering what sort of multicopter you guys think would be a good one to start with. I would prefer if it was not too expensive and also in a bundle so i don't have to buy a bunch of different parts. In advance thanks.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by Horst L.
Hello KapteinKUK,

last week I orderd a KK Multicopter Blackboard V5.5 because I want to have a flight board with a software which is modifiable by the user.
In the moment I'm trying to understand your software, but my experience in assembler is not very good yet. It would be helpful for me to know more about the mathematical basics of your software and/or to have a flow chart.
I would be very grateful to you if you could give me some hints referring to this.
Gratulations to this succesful project! Just I found the <Donate> button!

Regards, Horst L.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:07 AM
Find More Posts by spiked3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst L. View Post
Hello KapteinKUK,

last week I orderd a KK Multicopter Blackboard V5.5 because I want to have a flight board with a software which is modifiable by the user.
In the moment I'm trying to understand your software, but my experience in assembler is not very good yet. It would be helpful for me to know more about the mathematical basics of your software and/or to have a flow chart.
I would be very grateful to you if you could give me some hints referring to this.
Gratulations to this succesful project! Just I found the <Donate> button!

Regards, Horst L.
Find the IEEE robotics and automation magazine from sept 2012 (vol 19 #3, check the library). There are numerous quadrotor articles with theory/flowcharts/math. I do not know if this author used that info or not (I have just got my first KK board) but that issue is full of deep quad info that should be similar if not the same.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by Horst L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
Find the IEEE robotics and automation magazine from sept 2012 (vol 19 #3, check the library). There are numerous quadrotor articles with theory/flowcharts/math. I do not know if this author used that info or not (I have just got my first KK board) but that issue is full of deep quad info that should be similar if not the same.
Thank you, speeked3 !
Unfortunately the download fees of this magazine are very high for private.
But I think the library of my former university will help me.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by giancan

problems with M1

Hi guys,
I have a kkboard (the blue one) and I manage to configure the tx and rx in the proper way (at least I guess). The only problem is that when I plug everything and arm the board, 3 of the 4 motors arm correctly and the 4th (m1) keeps on beeping. What else should I do now?
Thanks
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:54 PM
Find More Posts by mxspode
If it flies, I will crash it
Double check your connections. It is doing that because the ESC is not seeing a
"Low Throttle" condition. If the connections look good try temporarily switching two of the ESC's to make sure it isn't a problem with the board. If the problem moves it is the ESC.

At that point retry throttle calibration, if that doesn't work, well, probably new ESC time.

Rob...
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:56 AM
Find More Posts by giancan
Dear Rob,
the problem doesn t move. Whatever ESC of the 4 I plug to M1 behaves the same way. Yesterday I red it could be because of too much power so I took out and fold the red wire of 3 out of 4 escs but nothing.
I will try again with throttle calibration and I hope I will fix it. If you have any other suggestions you are welcome!
Thank you for your help,
G.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:57 AM
Find More Posts by LazyZero
Master of Flash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall View Post
Hi Guys, Sorry I have been out of action for a while, and not helping with problems, but I am back now.... I don't know if everyone is aware of the new KKmulticopter flash tool from LazyZero.

A while back people were saying that guys more into RC than computers were having a tough time programming boards, setting fuses, etc. LazyZero has very kindly helped us out with this new flash tool. I have been testing it on my windows machine and it works like a charm. Abracadabra and it is all done.

A big thanks to LazyZero for this great addition to the project which makes our lives simpler.

KKmulticoper Flash Tool
That was 669 days ago. And yesterday the tool was downloaded for the 50000 time. Thanks to the all that downloaded it. Never expected that it will become that large.

Best Christian