Oct 16, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi guys!
Special thanks to rolf!
I am French and I read the post for a long time.
And I am impressed with all the fans that provide their contributions to this post.
It's my turn to present my latest creation. My favorite is the frame in epoxy (lost-mold technique)
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/kk2copter.php
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/kk3copter.php

A +
to remove ads between posts
Oct 16, 2011, 12:33 PM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy08
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been answered. I’ve got the V1 HK board and want to reprogram it to run a tricopter.

I’ve got the v2.0 AVR ISP programmer. I’ve downloaded AVR studio but I can’t connect to the board. Every time I try I get the “connect failed” dialogue box. Please help.

After reeding post 11073 I have also tried lazyzeros kkMulticopterFlashTool. When I run that it tells me that it cant set fuses (what are fuses). Have I chosen the correct programmer? I have tried choosing a bunch of other ones and they all do the same.
Hi,

I also did this with your board/adapter/firmware-combo with lazyzero sw and I also had this problem at the very first tries.

This prob has to do with the programmer-installation: your system could not find it (ignore the following fuse related errors in lazylero's sw).

So install the driver for the adapter (again) and/or solve any problems related to the driver installation in your windows system ... as there are different windows os (win7 xp ...) it's hard to say what is wrong.
Oct 16, 2011, 12:54 PM
Fly Crash Fix Fly Crash Fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by leowie
Hi,

I also did this with your board/adapter/firmware-combo with lazyzero sw and I also had this problem at the very first tries.

This prob has to do with the programmer-installation: your system could not find it (ignore the following fuse related errors in lazylero's sw).

So install the driver for the adapter (again) and/or solve any problems related to the driver installation in your windows system ... as there are different windows os (win7 xp ...) it's hard to say what is wrong.
Thanks Leowie. I tried reinstalling the driver but it still does the same. I see on the Flash tool website that it says you need a driver based on libusb. I have no idea what my driver is based on. Im using the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130.zip driver because I didnt think any of the drivers would work with my AVR ISP V2.0. Could that be the problem?
Oct 16, 2011, 03:56 PM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Thanks Leowie. I tried reinstalling the driver but it still does the same. I see on the Flash tool website that it says you need a driver based on libusb. I have no idea what my driver is based on. Im using the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130.zip driver because I didnt think any of the drivers would work with my AVR ISP V2.0. Could that be the problem?
... ooops - now I am confused and maybe ther's not all correct I wrote above (ment AVR Studio and not Lazyzero and/or used another programmer) - sorry if so.

In fact I tried some minutes ago:

(1)
AVR Studio4 with FlyCam AVR ISP Programmer v2.1 + PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130 as "STK500" + a HK board
o.k.

(2)
Lazyzero SW with FlyCam AVR ISP Programmer v2.1 + PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130 as "STK500" + a HK board
NOT o.k.
... I'm almost(?) sure that this worked like this some weeks ago ... I'm confused why not now ... maybe I used another programmer at this time.
Last edited by leowie; Oct 16, 2011 at 04:07 PM.
Oct 16, 2011, 04:52 PM
G2loq Chopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by matever
Hi guys!
Special thanks to rolf!
I am French and I read the post for a long time.
And I am impressed with all the fans that provide their contributions to this post.
It's my turn to present my latest creation. My favorite is the frame in epoxy (lost-mold technique)
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/kk2copter.php
http://matever.free.fr/kkcopter/kk3copter.php

A +
Bravo le gersois ! ;-)
Nice frame... but lot of work by the way
Why don't you upload your video on youtube instead of this little tiny screen ?

Good continuation !

Pierre
Oct 16, 2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
... ooops - now I am confused and maybe ther's not all correct I wrote above (ment AVR Studio and not Lazyzero and/or used another programmer) - sorry if so.

In fact I tried some minutes ago:

(1)
AVR Studio4 with FlyCam AVR ISP Programmer v2.1 + PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130 as "STK500" + a HK board
o.k.

(2)
Lazyzero SW with FlyCam AVR ISP Programmer v2.1 + PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v130 as "STK500" + a HK board
NOT o.k.
... I'm almost(?) sure that this worked like this some weeks ago ... I'm confused why not now ... maybe I used another programmer at this time.
Nope you had it right. I have tried both AVR Studio4 and Lazyzero and I cant make either work. The only difference from the setup you describe above is that Im using the AVR ISP Programmer v2.0 instead of the 2.1. I just instilled AVR4 again but still no joy.

I have found a bit more about the lazyzero. When using the AVR ISP Programmer v2.0 Im ment to select STK500V2 from the programmer menu and look in my device manager to find out what port it is in (COM15 on mine). I tried it and still no joy.
Last edited by Andy08; Oct 17, 2011 at 12:11 AM.
Oct 17, 2011, 01:32 AM
Master of Flash
The AVR ISP V2 should be a STK500V2 that is right.
As I have not the programmer, I may not help you. Sorry

Christian
Oct 17, 2011, 03:47 AM
Merci G2Log !
Oct 17, 2011, 10:39 AM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Nope you had it right. I have tried both AVR Studio4 and Lazyzero and I cant make either work. The only difference from the setup you describe above is that Im using the AVR ISP Programmer v2.0 instead of the 2.1. I just instilled AVR4 again but still no joy.

I have found a bit more about the lazyzero. When using the AVR ISP Programmer v2.0 Im ment to select STK500V2 from the programmer menu and look in my device manager to find out what port it is in (COM15 on mine). I tried it and still no joy.
Hi Andy + Christian,
got it: now my config again works with the LazyZero KK Flash tool (... 1st I had a look at AVR Studio4 when connecting ... this I used in Christian's tool)

See 2 attachments.
Leo
Last edited by leowie; Oct 18, 2011 at 04:54 AM. Reason: pic 3: backside of programmer
Oct 18, 2011, 02:40 AM
Master of Flash
Hi Leo,

good to know. I will add that information on the FAQ page of the flash tool. Can anyone confirm that the V2.1 of the programmer is working with the same settings.

Best Christian
Oct 18, 2011, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Hi Andy + Christian,
got it: now my config again works with the LazyZero KK Flash tool (... 1st I had a look at AVR Studio4 when connecting ... this settings I used in Christian's tool)

See 2 attachments.
Leo
Thanks Leo. I dont have any luck with those setting either. There must be some conflict in my computer somewhere. Ill try using a friends computer and see how that works. Thanks again for your help.
Oct 18, 2011, 04:56 AM
Propellerhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero
Hi Leo,

good to know. I will add that information on the FAQ page of the flash tool. Can anyone confirm that the V2.1 of the programmer is working with the same settings.

Best Christian
The programmer I used is v2.1 (added 1 pic above).

~~~

PS: latest H6Copter Vids:
Advertising ;-)
"Petronell - Heathen´s Gate / Heidentor - Birdview" (footage video) (3 min 41 sec)

(Result: have to replace the cam roll servo)
Last edited by leowie; Oct 19, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
Oct 18, 2011, 05:51 PM
Hi guys.
On KK 1.6 tri firmware. how do you turn your pots.
what P and I amount?

thanks a lot
Oct 19, 2011, 12:34 AM
Help please!
I a newbie in quadsystems. I have just built Q4 and it does not work.
1. I have got this version of hw and sw (zip file)
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...143569&page=23
2. Problem with initial setup – turning yaw pot to zero LED flashes 10 times then it remains turned off, turning yaw pot to different position LED lights solid. The ESCs do not beep in any position of Tx sticks or pots.
3. ESC
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6457
Tx and Rx Futaba 10CAG, gyros HK401B the old type of sensor (no silver one)
4. Measured values – see scheme from
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...143569&page=23
a. Signals to motors are oscillating 0.34-0.26 V DC (or pins 14, 15, 16 of IC1)
b. Gyros outputs (middle pin or IC1 23,24,25) are about 2V and reacts on movement
c. Gyros Vcc are 4,2V
d. Pin 21 of IC1 is 1,48V
5. I did not program Atmega myself. It did friend of mine. I did not check fuse settings (I do not have COM or LPT ports also do not have any USB to COM converter, but I consider to buy one – I like LazyZero flash tool)
Can anybody help me with this or recommend the next steps? What should I do?
Thank you very much
Last edited by tomytomiak; Oct 20, 2011 at 04:13 AM.
Oct 20, 2011, 07:51 AM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to build a quadcopter of my own design... got most of the parts already on hand and the rest on the way. I am working with a KK 5.5 Blackboard, but the prob is it's flashed for tricopter control. I don't have a programmer for it and a quick search on eBay gave me gobs of hits but they're apparently all for programmer units from China... I want to get moving on this build ASAP, don't want to wait weeks and weeks for the programmer. I did THIS search but I really don't know if these USB programmers will work for me:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=nc...tm350279041115

The board has an ATMEGA 168AP chip on it. I need to flash it to quadcopter firmware.

Can anyone help me find a programmer for this thing, a little more apt to arrive quickly as opposed to the slow boat from Shang Hai? I'm anxious to get started.

Thanks!!

Rick NR417

Quick Reply