May 05, 2010, 01:03 PM
That tree again!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398
thanh now that you are on 3s what size props are you running on the 1400kv motors?
Hi Pug,
it's 8x4.5: http://www.quadroufo.com/product_inf...5271694d4fd030

Thanks

Thanh
to remove ads between posts
May 05, 2010, 01:34 PM
The Drones are Coming!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhTran
Hi Thanh,

I really think you are running these things too fast..I might be wrong..but I would think a 1400KV motor, would turn those smaller props quite fast, and this might be contributing to your issues....not sure why this became a problem when you switched your ESC's though....

I would probably go to 10 or maybe even 11-12 inch props. This will slow down the RPM's, and you should still have quite a bit of lifting force...

if all the motors start at the same time, then I agree with you, your ESC's appear to be calibrated...

Not sure what else you can do....
May 05, 2010, 02:23 PM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
Got one built now........2-side with ISP.

My programmer hasn´t arrived yet..., so I´ve been going over Shematics for simple LPT-programmers, but now I am seriously confused.

I found three different ways of connecting mosi, sck and rst lines. Only ones that seems consistent is miso which always seem to be connected to LPT pin10 and GND always seem to be pin 25.....the other ones are all over the place.

Anyone got a confirmed working shcematic for connecting ISP to LPT port?

Thanks

Jussi
May 05, 2010, 02:55 PM
That tree again!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgcnc
Hi Thanh,

...I would probably go to 10 or maybe even 11-12 inch props. This will slow down the RPM's, and you should still have quite a bit of lifting force...

Thanks Cyborg!

I've thought about replacing the motor with lower kv and bigger prop, so I will do that.

Couple weeks ago when I was using 10x4.7 props with 1400kv, it was shooting up so fast, and because I couldn't calibrate the throttle on Tower Pro ESC my quad was flipping all over the place.

I was hoping that 8x4.5 would work because it's smaller than 10x4.7. I guess the prop pitch is not much different so it still makes the quad move too much even though the prop is smaller
May 05, 2010, 02:59 PM
That tree again!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420RcPilot

My programmer hasn´t arrived yet..., so I´ve been going over Shematics for simple LPT-programmers, but now I am seriously confused.

I found three different ways of connecting mosi, sck and rst lines. Only ones that seems consistent is miso which always seem to be connected to LPT pin10 and GND always seem to be pin 25.....the other ones are all over the place.

Thanks

Jussi

Very nice gyro ... cube!
The printer port could be wired in different ways. If I remember correctly, it has one 8-bit wide output, and 2 4-bit inputs and 4-bit outputs. So the wiring really depends on the software you're going to use to program the chip.
-Thanh
May 05, 2010, 03:01 PM
That tree again!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall
Hi Guys. I have just read the entire thread... Eish.. I am inspired.

I was checking out cheap Gyros and came across this: e-tech G105 for $1.95 inc shipping. Do you reckon they would work?

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
That looks exciting. I think it probably has the same gyro we need. The question is if the vendor is reliable
May 05, 2010, 03:15 PM
Went to mow a meadow
Quote:

Thanks

Jussi
Nice looking board Jussi
Atmel have 2 standards for isp connections please find attached pdf.
Take a look at the programmer you ordered to see if it is 6 or 10 pin.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Frank
May 05, 2010, 03:18 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
Rats! Looks like they don't ship to Texas. Anyone else have any luck?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
Quote:
That looks exciting. I think it probably has the same gyro we need. The question is if the vendor is reliable
Last edited by jesolins; May 05, 2010 at 03:41 PM.
May 05, 2010, 03:26 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUERGEN_
a ATXMEGA32A4- ?

a worthy successor . . .

- http://de.mouser.com/ProductDetail/A...5bn8TbVtGAQ%3d

jürgen
looks promising

I have dropped the idea of using airduno hardware, jürgen
May 05, 2010, 03:30 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky-walker
Kaptein
I fly a tricopter with pitch and roll in "Digital mode" in rate HK401b mode. 3 SuperSimple 10A ESCs are used

However there seems problems with the digital mode on because of the updating low frequency of the esc.(50hz of the esc vs 300hz of the gyro) as I have heared. so how is that problem solved in the board Kaptein?

Are they run in Digital mode?
Is the frequency higher?

Kalle
The ESC's is fed from the board with 170 Hz. I have tested the SS up to 350 Hz with no problems.
What problems do you experience?
May 05, 2010, 03:31 PM
Bricks don't glide !
Quote:

...snip

Thanks

Jussi
Hi Jussi, you can also try a serial port programmer. This one works great with PonyProg and Avrdude.

I have also built and tested the parallel programmer, but I use the serial programmer with my laptop.
Last edited by KayCee_V4; May 05, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
May 05, 2010, 03:33 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpia
OK,

i have got confirmation that the V5 smd board has been sent to manufacturing. hopefully i will get it back in 2 weeks or so depending on mail time,

If anyone is interested in trying out the prototype SMD board it looks like i will have about 4-5 boards leftover.

Once i know more ill will let post more.
Nice! I look forward to a proper PCB instead of the prototype mess I am using now
May 05, 2010, 03:39 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Quote:
I just replaced my ESC's with the Turnigy Plush 18A ESC's. It's much nicer than the one I had earlier, and throttle calibration seems to work. However one big issue is this: With the V4 firmware, when I hold the quad in my hand and shake the quad in the roll or pitch direction, some of the motors spin down, and I could hear a loud whistle from that motor and the motor stops while other motors are still running. This didn't happen when I use the TowerPro ESC with same controller and same V4 firmware. I think I've read that Pug had similar issue, but I couldn't find the post now. How did you fix this? Could it be that the ESC couldn't keep up with the updates from the controller?

My motors are Tower Pro 2408.

Thanks

-Thanh
The ESC is losing track of the motor rotation position. Can happen with rapid throttle changes. Try other timing settings.
This has not happened with my quad. Might have something to do with different motor and propellers.
May 05, 2010, 03:46 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
Quote:

Thanks

Jussi

Nice board and gyro-cube!
May 05, 2010, 03:49 PM
Quad Whisperer
Thread OP
The Hexacopter is built. Just some testing before I release the code

Quick Reply