Dec 16, 2009, 09:30 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
Tim-- Sounds about right. Mount as much gear as forward as possible. The lower part of the cowl is a removeable hatch so the battery can probably go in there. I'll probably use full size servos mounted forward of the CG. If I have to add weight it might as well be useful. Possibly use an RX pack too. This might all be unnecessary since this Spitfire has a longish nose. We'll see.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2009, 05:47 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
I had to subscribe...I have always loved the Spit and this looks like one of the best looking ARF's. I love to build but you can't find any Spit kits this size. Looking forward to following along, would really like to know empty airframe weight. I guess I will keep checking the website to see if they have another $99. sale!!!

Dennis
Dec 20, 2009, 10:55 AM
Dennis-- Maybe they'll have an after Christmas sale. It is worth the extra $35 though. I didn't wait on it since sometimes when NitroPlanes goes out of stock on something they never seem to get anymore in.

Mike
Dec 20, 2009, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Dennis-- Maybe they'll have an after Christmas sale. It is worth the extra $35 though. I didn't wait on it since sometimes when NitroPlanes goes out of stock on something they never seem to get anymore in.

Mike
Mike,

Guess I waited too long....they are out of stock.... I sent them an e-mail asking when they will get more.

Did you ever get a chance to weigh all the parts and pieces?

Thanks,
Denny
Dec 20, 2009, 06:05 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Check E-Bay
Dec 20, 2009, 09:59 PM
More Combat Please!
http://www.emaxinc.com/cmpsp5054nig.html

These guys have them for $130.
Dec 21, 2009, 05:35 AM
...Thanks for the info...
Dec 26, 2009, 06:20 AM

Servos

My DS 821 servos are to big for the retracts, what are you guys using?
Dec 28, 2009, 11:26 PM
Max Ground Speed: 662 Knots
I've been looking at the BMS-136MG Retract Servo from hobbycity. http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idproduct=8770
I've assembled the Spit as much as I can without having the servos or electric power system yet.
Kinda hoping someone else posts what they are using to follow as a guide.
Dec 30, 2009, 09:54 PM
Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthedragon
I've been looking at the BMS-136MG Retract Servo from hobbycity. http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store...idproduct=8770
I've assembled the Spit as much as I can without having the servos or electric power system yet.
Kinda hoping someone else posts what they are using to follow as a guide.
For what it's worth ken, forget the hobbyking retract servo and go with the hitec HS-75 retract BB servo, it will do the job well, plus you should be able to buy at you you LHS so no waiting.
Jan 01, 2010, 01:07 PM
I'm so PO'd with Nitroplanes. I bought a Nitroplanes Guan Li Catalina last month and built it over the last few days. I flew it for the first time yesterday and it flew well for a little over 4 minutes then the plane failed to respond to the radio. It regained signal and I was able to turn to port away from a stand of trees but then the radio failed again and the plane crashed from a few feet up crushing the nose. It was no more than 75 feet away at the time. The nimh battery was cycled 4 times before use. It was warm off of the charger so no question of battery failure.

Went online for a live chat with customer service at Nitroplanes and they told me the warranty ends when the plane takes flight. They told me to buy replacement parts online!! I don't think so. No more of my money going to Nitroplanes. All I wanted was a replacement fuselage. Nothing more, not a full plane or servos, etc.

I'm done with Nitroplanes. I've always read about their lack of customer service and now I see first hand what the hullabaloo is all about. I get better CS from Hobby City believe it or not!

Dummies. I was going to order the CMP Mosquito but not now.

Mike
Jan 01, 2010, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsumner
Mike,

Guess I waited too long....they are out of stock.... I sent them an e-mail asking when they will get more.

Did you ever get a chance to weigh all the parts and pieces?

Thanks,
Denny
AK Models sells CMPro. Try their site: http://ak-models.com/mm5/merchant.mv...Store_Code=AKM

They don't have it listed but maybe they can get it for you. There's a 20% off sale going on right now. If I get the Mosquito it'll be from AK Models not Nitroplanes.
Jan 01, 2010, 03:01 PM
I just want you guys to know that I went on the Nitroplanes support forum on RCUniverse and made a post like post #71 above and it was completely removed. When I made mention of that in another Catalina thread the moderator edited thread without noting that it had been edited! He changed my words to suit the site sponsor. Unbelievable!!

I know that guys complain about the mods here sometimes but I have to say that they give us a lot of freedom to complain and make known problems with models.
Jan 02, 2010, 04:18 PM
Arc, spark and smoke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
I just want you guys to know that I went on the Nitroplanes support forum on RCUniverse and made a post like post #71 above and it was completely removed. When I made mention of that in another Catalina thread the moderator edited thread without noting that it had been edited! He changed my words to suit the site sponsor. Unbelievable!!

I know that guys complain about the mods here sometimes but I have to say that they give us a lot of freedom to complain and make known problems with models.

That's exactly why I cancelled my account at RCU and will never go back!

RCGroups is a much nicer place to be!

My only experience with Nitroplanes is OK. I bought their $99 .40-size Ultimate bipe a few years ago and have no complaints. That Spit looks beautiful and I'm tempted to order one! I have a small World Models electric Spit and it's a fun little model.

I have a CMP 140-size P-40 ready to assemble very soon. It appears that the CMP ARFs are of pretty nice quality, construction-wise. I'll find out about the flight quality next season....

Good flying,
desmobob