Dec 21, 2009, 12:08 PM

another tri-copter in the air...

i could not take waitin any longer....i dug around the box oh junk and found 3- 10in dia props. the two orange ones had a 1/8dia center hole, so i crammed a drill thru them, wile sloppy i stuck them on. also they have a 4.7 pitch.....the odd prop is a 10in dia but a 3.8 pitch. all i wanted to do was check the electronics and gyro and control movements. so i didnt bother to balance anything. the orange center holes were so sloppy it would of been a waste of time anyhow. please excuse the bad video as i had the wrong setting. after i was done monkeying around, i went out front to check my mail....as i did i tripped over the box of props that tower hobbies sent....go figure, lols. i will get the right props on the tri-copter and balance them good. i will get the real maiden flight in the back yard. this time i will set the camera good, lols...... signguy, we have another tri in the air, if only a 1 sec 1in altitude flight, lols.again great build thread you made, thanks man...randy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cEpSbsPF4
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2009, 12:59 PM
Way to go Randy!
Dec 21, 2009, 01:01 PM
Worn-out the seat of my pants
A very short video of the second flight, in the daylight this time!
Tricopter (0 min 32 sec)
Dec 21, 2009, 01:51 PM
lomcevac....way to go.. thanks to signguy i get the feeling we will be seeing more and more tri-copters...good job. randy.
Dec 21, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomcevac
A very short video of the second flight, in the daylight this time!
http://www.vimeo.com/8314088
Love the video Ad...

The video with the rear mounted camera wing is great too!! Love the sound effects. I also have a wing w/ a front mounted cam, and a large airbrake too! Looks like great minds think alike! How do you like the rear mounted cam? I imagine it is as easy to shoot as the front mount, but better protected.

Bob D
Dec 21, 2009, 02:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarois
i could not take waitin any longer....i dug around the box oh junk and found 3- 10in dia props. the two orange ones had a 1/8dia center hole, so i crammed a drill thru them, wile sloppy i stuck them on. also they have a 4.7 pitch.....the odd prop is a 10in dia but a 3.8 pitch. all i wanted to do was check the electronics and gyro and control movements. so i didnt bother to balance anything. the orange center holes were so sloppy it would of been a waste of time anyhow. please excuse the bad video as i had the wrong setting. after i was done monkeying around, i went out front to check my mail....as i did i tripped over the box of props that tower hobbies sent....go figure, lols. i will get the right props on the tri-copter and balance them good. i will get the real maiden flight in the back yard. this time i will set the camera good, lols...... signguy, we have another tri in the air, if only a 1 sec 1in altitude flight, lols.again great build thread you made, thanks man...randy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6cEpSbsPF4
That thing will be flyin' round the backyard soon Randy!!
Dec 21, 2009, 04:49 PM
Hi to all tricop-pilots,
Did the 2nd test-fly with freezing conditions. The esc doesn't like cold weather (-5°c) one of them refuse to arm until a friend cover it with his hand to warm it up . Need also more foam to set my camera, cause too much vibrations.
rjarois: on my tx (multiplex royal evo) if i do not change the pitch-curve (initial points: -100, -50, 0, 50, 100) the motors start only at near mid-stick-travel (-20), this hapens even with "esc calibration". So changed the curve to (-20...100), then motors start from the bottom. Notice nothing negative to that.
sorry for my english
snow day Tricopter test (2 min 10 sec)
Dec 21, 2009, 06:39 PM
momozzzz, great video.
Dec 21, 2009, 09:24 PM
Brushless
Great video - Momozzzz you must have some past heli experience - Nice Job! I am getting tired of flying indoors so I may go outside once my new props get here - I found some 12x4.7 that should work great - I hope - I am also going to try one counter rotating to see if I can get a more level hover - We'll see - I did do some interior vibration test tonight and was really happy with the low vibes I was getting - I am still getting some wag in the tail with the telebee gyro on the tail set to 80% if I go higher it really wags - Anyone else seeing this on the tail?

Mike
Dec 21, 2009, 09:48 PM
Thread OP
Cooool video Momozzzz. Its also cool here, just got 20 inches of snow, I'll get some pics as soon as the wind slows to below 30MPH.

Bob D
Dec 22, 2009, 01:50 AM
Hei!

Here is my version... Was it my weakness, but don't beat me, I ordered TowerPro combo for motor,ESC,prop...

Thats not problem right now, but I have problem with one gyro. (Telebee Piezo Head Lock & Standard Gyro)
I first tested with servo. Other two works ok.
When gain wire is open, I understand, it goes HH mode and when I move TX stick the servo moves. Then I can use gain pot and when I rotate the gyro, sevo acts.
When gain wire is connected, when I move TX stick servo not moveing.
I used same gain setpoint as other two gyros. It was in throttle ch. and throttle curve was 20% all.
Something started to work, at 8% but my TX run out battery...

Edit:
PS. can I use EK2-0704 Helicopter Standard Gyro for one gyro, other will be Telebee? or all must be same?

Sorry my english,
-Ilmar-
Last edited by X-Ilmar; Dec 22, 2009 at 02:18 AM.
Dec 22, 2009, 09:33 AM

video

Lower Alabama TriCopter 12-21-09 (4 min 8 sec)

Here's another test flight from yesterday. Had Sony P&S on board for still pics and velcroed my key-fob cam to my baseball cap to get ground to air. I flew too high for my cap a couple of times and cut those scenes out. I need to aim better. Oh, and my neighbor had a leaf blower going so that's the sound you hear at the beginning.

I also bumped my DR lower and Expo lower for better stability.

Tom(A)
Dec 22, 2009, 10:02 AM
nice tom....your tri-copter looks real stable...you flying yaw in rate or heading mode?
Dec 22, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yaw is in rate mode as that's all the little pg-03 has.
Dec 22, 2009, 10:57 AM
thx tom. looks real nice...

Quick Reply