Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:25 AM
Duck! is offline
Find More Posts by Duck!
It flew...nearly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajas View Post
here is the maiden-video of my tricopter to day..


http://vimeo.com/8849005
Bra gjort, bajas! Very nice flight.
I am on the sim most evenings in preparation for crashing my tricopter...
matthew
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:38 AM
kristjane is offline
Find More Posts by kristjane
Have a nice day! Kristjan
kristjane's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC5FF View Post
Duck / Kristjane
Just FYI: A buddy of mine picked up several of these servos from HK. They worked great in all regards except for centering. A little over half of his bunch had issues with that... Not to put down these BB's - just thought I'd throw this bit of info out there.
Hmm...
My second choice is Ino lab HGD 250MG
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s.../_.21s_/_4.0kg

I had HXT9320MG for my fun jet with vector thrust and MPX tiny-s. I changed at least 4 gear sets on MPX and none on hxt.
Fun jet with vector thrust (4 min 9 sec)
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:11 AM
CoastalTom is offline
Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Registered User
I too used a T-Rex 600 blade grip + spindle. I removed the top plate of the grip and mounted the motor to the bottom half. I did use a ply shim under the motor to get the correct vertical angle. Servo is gooped and taped to the wooden arm. Ball links on servo arm and blade grip. It is very precise and tight. Make sure you use tight ball links.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:30 AM
Talontsi96 is offline
Find More Posts by Talontsi96
Registered User
Talontsi96's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemon View Post
Talontsi96
I have the same frame still to be mounted, how long are those carbon arms?
Any tricks about assembling the central pod?
Thank you
Pierluigi
The arms are 24" from center of base to motor centers. The assembly of the parts is pretty simple. No real tricks.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 01:01 PM
mallettron is offline
Find More Posts by mallettron
Ronnie - Sheffield UK (G0NJD)
mallettron's Avatar
Im still waiting for bits to arrive so in the meantime I thought I would test the spare motors I have. I think this one would do although Signguy says it may not have enough resolution

I tested the motor (Towerpro 2410-12t 1000kv) on the test rig with 9x4.7 and a 10x4.7 SF props. The ESC was a Turnigy Plush 25a (SS have arrived but I havent put connectors on yet), the battery was a Rhino 11.1v 1750mah 20c

The tester is MedUSA Pro with the thrust cell and RPM sensors

I'm impresssed with the figures although the specs say no more than 9a (yeh right!), motor was hardly warm after the tests

Let me know what you think, I can easily order the DT750 but would like to use up what I have laying around

Ronnie

BTW the thrust is in grams
Last edited by mallettron; Jan 20, 2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: cant speel
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTom View Post
I too used a T-Rex 600 blade grip + spindle. I removed the top plate of the grip and mounted the motor to the bottom half. I did use a ply shim under the motor to get the correct vertical angle. Servo is gooped and taped to the wooden arm. Ball links on servo arm and blade grip. It is very precise and tight. Make sure you use tight ball links.
Thanks Guys,

Mounting the Blade Grip was the easy bit. I just used carbon rod, inside another carbon rod, inside another carbon rod, that went inside the square carbon. All glued and very tight fit. The blade grip spindle moves beautifully.

I am just scratching my head how to attach the servo arm to the blade grip ball joint to get it to function properly.

I noticed your servo is mounted sideways... might look at that tonight.

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
CoastalTom is offline
Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Registered User
Here's a couple of views from the other side to show the linkage. Typical heli type link of ball links and short threaded rod.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
The_Mongrel is offline
Find More Posts by The_Mongrel
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
The_Mongrel's Avatar
TOM - That is PERFECT!! Just what I needed to see!!

Thanks mate - I will get myself some linkages today.

I suppose the motor does not need to move all that much does it?

Cheers
-J
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2010, 07:02 PM
CoastalTom is offline
Find More Posts by CoastalTom
Registered User
My motor tilts maybe 25-30 degs either side of center. The amount of movement is determined here by servo arm length. Actually the more the better and can be reduced or tamed by expo from the TX. Use a good stiff servo arm.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 07:30 PM
signguy is offline
Find More Posts by signguy
Registered User
signguy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallettron View Post
Im still waiting for bits to arrive so in the meantime I thought I would test the spare motors I have. I think this one would do although Signguy says it may not have enough resolution

I tested the motor (Towerpro 2410-12t 1000kv) on the test rig with 9x4.7 and a 10x4.7 SF props. The ESC was a Turnigy Plush 25a (SS have arrived but I havent put connectors on yet), the battery was a Rhino 11.1v 1750mah 20c

The tester is MedUSA Pro with the thrust cell and RPM sensors

I'm impresssed with the figures although the specs say no more than 9a (yeh right!), motor was hardly warm after the tests

Let me know what you think, I can easily order the DT750 but would like to use up what I have laying around

Ronnie

BTW the thrust is in grams
Those Medusa meters were made only a few miles from me. I did sign work for them
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:20 PM
etman is offline
Find More Posts by etman
Flying with the eagles
etman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristjane View Post
Hmm...
My second choice is Ino lab HGD 250MG
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s.../_.21s_/_4.0kg

I had HXT9320MG for my fun jet with vector thrust and MPX tiny-s. I changed at least 4 gear sets on MPX and none on hxt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upb17Mt4jbk
Very nice Funjet, kristjane.

That servo is expensive at USD 43.
But well if a HXT can outlast 4 MPX then it is worth the money.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:15 PM
BatterysIncluded is offline
Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
I have read through most of this thread but I still have a question about the three yellow gain wires coming from the telebee gyros. Exactly how are you connecting them to the throttle (channel 3) on the RX? Are they all going to one pin or are each going to a different pin? Does anyone have a picture of this that they can post? Silly, but I'm stuck on this for some reason.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:19 PM
TigerPilot is offline
Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by etman View Post
That servo is expensive at USD 43.
But well if a HXT can outlast 4 MPX then it is worth the money.
Actually it's only $20 when you sign in.

Yoram
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:23 PM
TigerPilot is offline
Find More Posts by TigerPilot
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatterysIncluded View Post
I have read through most of this thread but I still have a question about the three yellow gain wires coming from the telebee gyros. Exactly how are you connecting them to the throttle (channel 3) on the RX? Are they all going to one pin or are each going to a different pin? Does anyone have a picture of this that they can post? Silly, but I'm stuck on this for some reason.
They get connected together either through a harness or by cutting them form the connector and soldering them together and then to a connector, all three on the same pin.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:25 PM
BatterysIncluded is offline
Find More Posts by BatterysIncluded
Registered User
BatterysIncluded's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPilot View Post
They get connected together either through a harness or by cutting them form the connector and soldering them together and then to a connector, all three on the same pin.
Which pin?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Yet another tricopter build. !!Updated parts list!! SebastianJ Multirotor Talk 2669 Dec 30, 2011 06:48 PM
Discussion What to do? Failed tricopter build! Razor_Racer Coaxial Helicopters 9 Mar 07, 2011 10:20 AM
Discussion Tricopter Build Razor_Racer Coaxial Helicopters 21 Feb 20, 2010 09:24 PM
Build Log Tricopter build SebastianJ VTOLs 1 Dec 22, 2008 05:34 PM
Discussion Trying to build a mechanically actuated tricopter, Help! stefalo Coaxial Helicopters 3 Jan 09, 2008 05:10 PM