Apr 20, 2012, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
All that lead has not affected his brain. + 100 for that Sparkle lad
Darn that's a pretty slick cycle time you got there. How did you get it that low ?

Lead shielding

No, seriously.... I don't know ! I am using genuine wm+ and arduino boards.
Accelerometer is an ADXL 345, magnetometer is HMC 5883. I have a 3.3 volt regulator and a logic level converter board. The internal I2C pullups are enabled. I use sketch 1.7 as it works O.K for me and I don't need the extra complexity of later sketches. It just all works very nicely.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalat
Well Sparklet P=2.5 didnt improve anything.. I dont know any more..

I regret going for this stable mode, it sends my heart rate up every time i switch it on.. And you are right its almost impossible to fly with it while its on.

When you say the red light flashes.. I actually see my Green light flashing on the arduino when I use full throttle to make my adjustments. I can never get it calibrated right, it always goes off one way or another. Sometimes if I try to fly it in stable mode it will lose its calibration altogether. It could be there is something wrong with the arduino or the wmp+ since it still doesnt stream properly to the pc gui.

Saying that it does fly ok in normal mode although it glitches a little now and then

I have received my KK board that was reserved for my new Quad.. All those in favour of dumping my MultiWill for the KK say I ???
]

Sorry. My brain cell was taking a nap.... it is indeed the green LED that flickers not the red one.

I didn't think a P of 2.5 would work... you are lowering it to the extent that there is not much reaction from the control loop. If you take the values way DOWN then you are approaching the state where the control loop doesn't work at all.

If you are getting glitches in normal mode then there is something wrong. I can't comment on the nunchuck as I have never used one.

In stable mode the copter is not "nearly impossible to fly". It responds O.K although not as quickly as you may expect. The accelerometer is trying to hold the quad level, your stick input is asking to change the angle of the quad. It just takes a little longer and you must hold the stick position until the copter has moved to the position you want.

It sounds as though you have a problem somewhere.... leave the stable mode alone until you have got the copter flying properly and it is showing the correct behaviour in the GUI.

I think you will find the KK controller is not as good as the multiwii setup, when the multiwii is working correctly. It is incredibly stable and that's before you even switch in the auto level mode.

It might be worth taking your problem over to the multiwii forum, you will probably get more help there. First thing to determine is... have you got a genuine wii motion plus and arduino pro-mini board. There are clones of the wii M+, arduino and nunchuck. Some of the clones need alterations to make them work properly.

Go here, explain the problem, show photos of your boards and the readings in the GUI and ask for help.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1382&page=1763

That link will be somewhere near the last page of a VERY long thread. Just make sure you select the last, most up to date page and post your questions there.

Good luck.
Apr 20, 2012, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalat

Hey just want to bounce this off you. I find the tricopter is flying very nicely at low speed now but once I increase forward speed then it starts to twitch every now and then in the roll axis.. Is it possible that its not a problem with the board but that it is an aerodynamics issue caused by the landing rings, dare I say 'rolling vortex' ?
I very much doubt that the rings are affecting it. Try increasing the P, I and D values on the roll and pitch and see what happens.
Apr 20, 2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
Nay, keep at it you will figure it out. Should try over at the multiwii forum those blokes will know whats going on. If you cant get the nunchuck to work just replace it with a sirius that way you will get baro and magnetometer too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsa
are you flying with multiwii 2.0? I think there were a few people complaining about this twitching in the multiwii thread.. could be a software problem.. maybe you could also ask there??

Joćo
No flying 1.9
I will have a look at the forum

Btw does anyone know if this will fit the dt-750's ?
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/fiber-gla...lticopter.html
Last edited by jbalat; Apr 20, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Apr 20, 2012, 07:49 PM
jbalat, can you post a screenshot of your multi wii gui? Multi wii tuning can be very frustrating especially when you have used a KK before, but once you get the right combo of values its all worth it.

Dont know where you are in Melb, if you want some help im in Brunswick area and could bring the netbook out to a field for tuning.
Apr 21, 2012, 01:10 AM
Expat
I think I figured out my phantom problems. Just a guess, but I 'balanced' left motor and replaced front 2 props with hk no-name 1047 orange. Main problem seems to have disappeared. Right front prop had been bent down, which may explain right slip. However, I think all the 1147s were never perfectly balanced and maybe gave gyro and high rpm problems. 1047s seemed balanced out of bag. Certainly seem more responsive. Will test more after typhoon.
Anyone know the 'proper' way to balance motors/props? Moving electrical tape around ... I think that only gets me so far.
Apr 21, 2012, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy
I think I figured out my phantom problems. Just a guess, but I 'balanced' left motor and replaced front 2 props with hk no-name 1047 orange. Main problem seems to have disappeared. Right front prop had been bent down, which may explain right slip. However, I think all the 1147s were never perfectly balanced and maybe gave gyro and high rpm problems. 1047s seemed balanced out of bag. Certainly seem more responsive. Will test more after typhoon.
Anyone know the 'proper' way to balance motors/props? Moving electrical tape around ... I think that only gets me so far.
This is a pretty good method and works for me.

balancing motor rotor and open your ears... (2 min 30 sec)

Props you can just swing on a small shaft and the apply tape to balance though I prefer to scrape my props with the edge of a pair of scissors. They scrape the plastic off pretty well.
Then I give the prop a light go with some wet and dry paper to make a bit smoother.

Hope that helps out

Ian
Apr 21, 2012, 02:15 AM
Expat
Thanks maestro. Do you shave off the blade's flat back side?
I also added jelly under the FC to get rid of more viberations. Yet I still cannot go above about 1/8 on the gyros or I get the hippy hippy shake. I'm going to order a bunch of those orange 1047s, as I am out of props now, 2 1047s on the front and an 1147 on the tail.
Apr 21, 2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Thanks maestro. Do you shave off the blade's flat back side?
I also added jelly under the FC to get rid of more viberations. Yet I still cannot go above about 1/8 on the gyros or I get the hippy hippy shake. I'm going to order a bunch of those orange 1047s, as I am out of props now, 2 1047s on the front and an 1147 on the tail.

Ha I'm no maestro I've just got it wrong a lot of times !!
Top side as its easier.
All tris are different but I use 11x 47 GWS with mine. But then I use the arduino.
Vibes are a killer though. Sometimes a resonance can pervade the craft.
Some props will work some won't. I made a smaller tri but could no longer fly the big props and had to cut back 10 x 47
Apr 21, 2012, 07:04 AM
Expat
Thanks.
Anybody ordered these?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6pcs_set_.html
Do they come out of the bag balanced?
Apr 21, 2012, 08:01 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
This is a pretty good method and works for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogvay...e_gdata_player

Props you can just swing on a small shaft and the apply tape to balance though I prefer to scrape my props with the edge of a pair of scissors. They scrape the plastic off pretty well.
Then I give the prop a light go with some wet and dry paper to make a bit smoother.

Hope that helps out

Ian

+1

I like to sand my props instead of tape. Unless I am in a hurry LOL!!
Apr 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
CASA Certified RPAS Instructor
Quote:
Thanks.
Anybody ordered these?
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...6pcs_set_.html
Do they come out of the bag balanced?
Yes I do, and no they don't.

Very few props I have experienced come balanced enough to put on a multi-rotor.

You get lucky occasionally though.

These props are black, and they sometimes are nearly balanced, and sometimes they are so bad, I throw them out.
Apr 22, 2012, 03:39 AM
My new FPV antenna...heeeeeeeee

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335083938.334103.jpg
Views: 153
Size: 154.2 KB
Description:
Apr 22, 2012, 04:39 AM
Ok here's the video that goes with the antenna.
Someone asked about the CL flashed G - OSD II.
Here's some video with the OSD view. Bit windy so a bit shaky.
Recorded from the downlink at base.
Not sure what the noise is in the video ??

Kumeu FPV.AVI (2 min 36 sec)
Apr 22, 2012, 07:15 AM
Hi Ian, so cool, you can fly FPV!!
I was waiting for you to knock over the aerial or something

Quick Reply