Jan 10, 2012, 10:45 PM
RCPlaye
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans Cubitt
Thanks very much guys.
Signguy I will look at the multiwii
Is there a specific supplier for the Multiwii
cheers Frans
i dont know if anyone has tried this but it looks like it can make your life a lot more easier
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/mwc-multi...ard-quadx.html
Jan 10, 2012, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbudz223
way cool, what props are you using and how heavy is your tri
Props are just GWS 11 x 47
Weighs in at 1KG with the 2200 3s
Jan 10, 2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbalat
If this your New one ??
Sort of. I had this one with an HK board on so I jammed an Arduino and WMP on it so I would have something to fly. Pretty happy with it
I have an order of stuff on the way from HK to replace my lost FPV craft.
The missus felt sorry for me and told me to go get a new GP so I guess I'll have to do as she says........not sure if she ment GP2 or not woop woop

Scored some wild silicon tube from an install the other day. It's got like 3mm wall.
You never know I might send you a sample for testing
Jan 10, 2012, 11:25 PM
RCPlaye
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
Props are just GWS 11 x 47
Weighs in at 1KG with the 2200 3s
what type of flight times are you getting
Jan 10, 2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunt Double
I like the fluoro arms
The fluro arms are made by spraying masking tape with a fluro paint then sticking it on the tri.
In this case I used a dulux product called dazzle. It's used for road marking and that sort of thing. Dries quick too.
You would be able to get it at Bunnings
Jan 10, 2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
what type of flight times are you getting
On a fresher battery 10 - 12 mins nice flying .......but that never happens
Jan 10, 2012, 11:35 PM
RCPlaye
how much does your prop size affect your tri's stability because
ive got a 10x6, and 12x8 coming and ima little worried these props aren't gonna be any good stability wise
Jan 10, 2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
ive got a 10x6, and 12x8 coming and ima little worried these props aren't gonna be any good stability wise
There will be comment but In my experience with the 750 motors the smaller the craft the smaller the prop was better. I build mine with arms that get the motor out 455mm to centre.
If you have a look on my blog you will see a couple of videos of the same smallish tri with different prop selections. The difference is quite noticeable.
It's going to depend on your motors, arm length etc etc.
Fly them and see how it goes is about the best way
Jan 11, 2012, 07:15 AM
An ordinary sort of incredible
Quote:
BigJimNZ is correct, of course. Prop size is going to be subjective to the weight, arm length, motor speed and your preferences. Unless you have a really slow KV motor or lifting a lot of weight the 12x8 is going to be way overkill. It will greatly increase your amp draw and greatly reduce your flight times. Tell us a little more about your craft and we can suggest some closer sizes. Most people find a much smaller pitch works best. I use mostly APC 10x4.7. Whatever size you pick, you want a good stiff but lightweight blade. The motors rapidly and constantly change speed, so too much weight on the blade will resist that change with inertia.
Jan 11, 2012, 01:12 PM
I dont know if it helps but I fly with cut down 10*4.5 with the Tower pro motors.
I must admit my Tri is very light and I fly with a 1250 or 1800 battery.
Remember whatever props you use, ballance them as it makes a massive difference
Jan 11, 2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJimNZ
I use a lathe to drill the bar out to 14mm then ream to 16mm. Then part them off at whatever length. Then drill the bolt holes in the press.

Have a quick look at my blog here at RCG. I have a very simple yaw mount made from the same Polethylene material and using a 9gram servo.
Everything is attached with the poly blocks

I made a flat G10 plate for the front of my tri with silicon tube slices to mount my GP. Nil gello but then im flying in more temporate environments.
I mount my VTX on the left boom. Well I did until I flew the whole lot into the never never on boxing day. Gopro and everything gone. Parts on the way from HK for a new weapon. Gives me a good excuse to get the GP2 I guess
I have ordered a GPS SMS tracking thingy to tape on there.

If you are using a 16mm boom I can send you some poly blocks to play with if you like. Including the yaw mount. Send me a PM with your address and I'll fire some up to you ( no charge ). But I want to see a picture of your boss's face when he sees your new tri

Ian
Hey, thanks for the offer but I don't have any 16 mm booms at the moment. Also shipping anything up here costs and arm and a leg and takes forever and a day to get here. But I appreciate it none the less. I might have to take you up on your offer though once i get back to the lower 48
Jan 11, 2012, 07:37 PM

Different Gyros

Could we use different gyros on each motor or would they interfere with each other?
Jan 11, 2012, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakobyan2012
Could we use different gyros on each motor or would they interfere with each other?
They wouldn't necessarily interfere with each other but you would be best to use the same gyros for the pitch and roll as the gain for these all comes from the same signal and some gyros will work differently from others perhaps making you tri very unstable . But you can use something different for the yaw.

Quick Reply